We NEED more solos...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Jul 28, 2017.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

When I say "We need", I'm speaking in general and also because it sounds better than "I need"... YOU may not want this and that's fine...

I love the low tier alerts and raids but hate the que times, and the pugs that have no clue about mechanics or their power...

Can we get some of the duos and alerts added to the solo section?... the ones that don't require people to hit panels, buttons or knock out adds at the same time another person has to...

Or(and this might be impossible ATM for the DEV's), make all content difficulty scale off of the number or people that que into that instance, with 8 being the max amount, so you can solo anything that you want and still get gear or marks.
    • Like x 12
  2. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

More solo stuff would be awesome.
    • Like x 4
  3. RLManuel Committed Player

It really would.
    • Like x 2
  4. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

There should be at least 5 solo challenges per Tier, regardless of the number of solo open world missions, especially if CR Relevancy is going to be kept.
    • Like x 5
  5. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

more solo is always good in my book...
    • Like x 3
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I think they need to do about 10 solos similar to the old Mannheim solo from back in 2011

Take 5 stories for both metropolis and gotham.. five seperate stories... in each city use 2-3 locations for each story... there are so many empty buildings in both these cities... none of this has to be open world but all of this can only be entered from going to the open world and finding the buildings to start the missions...

you dont pick these missions up from talking to anyone ... these missions are spammable missions similar to the Mannheim mission ...you can enter it as many times as you want and farm them...

Rather then these missions being added each tier..these missions will level with you each tier.. so this content will always be relevant....

The missions per day drop one mark of either the current tier mark or victory... i think both would be ok too let each drop 1 current tier mark and each drop 5 marks of victory (to get the marks the missions will have someone to talk to in the beginning of the first building the story takes place in)

This content will drop nothing higher then blue gear... and the gear its self should be like how the time capsule gear works.... it has a max amount of item level it will reach while you are in the tier you are in

Like the Mannheim missions... every so many minutes i think its 5 minutes... the instance you just walked out of will reset and you can run it again for gear drops... the marks however is once a day

To me this is a great way to give people daily solos that arent "take down x amount of cops or bad guys" or "find x amount of random items"
    While also helping people who havent played ina while to get caught up faster so they can get into alerts and raids quicker... to spam replays for that purple or vendor gear...

Blue drops would obviously drop rarely and the complaints of "im only getting green drops" would be abundant but since they can be spammed... its only fair that the green drops are dropped more often... this also helps people build their materials faster as well complex and simple etc.

Also these types of missions can be used to drop special iconic styles they could add them into the missions from time to time giving them more of a reason to run...

*edit* these missions should be available at level 30... the marks of victory awarded before af3 should only be 1 mark of victory per story
    • Like x 2
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I want more solo story arcs kinda like we had while leveling.
    • Like x 4
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Exactly what i posted above is what i would like to see stuff like the initial leveling missions ... thats still the best part of the game to me it makes me feel more apart of the dc world.. cause thats really where you feel like youre part of the comics... you're roaming around the city doing stuff or going from mission to mission rather then waiting in a queue or queing up for some solo mission...

This is also the kind of stuff the rp community loves
    • Like x 3
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I think the solo content is fine. This is a MMO. Massive multi-player. Its supposed to be about group content and running with other people. Yes MMOs have solo missions. But there are tons of 1 player games out there. Ive never really understood the people who play a MMO as a 1 player game. Not criticizing it, i just dont get it.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

as long as its a mix of on-duty solo's and open world solos not just 1 or the other.

I'd also like to see more duo's in play too. We haven't seen to many of these lately with the past 2 DLC'. Im talking like 2-4 duo's or something around there, and maybe double that for solo's, half the solos would be open world half would be on-duty.
    • Like x 1
  11. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

there is zero DC RPG... just saying the probably reason why some people play this game by soloing it.. not to mention, it's more fun.. sure it might be fun to take down Bizarro with a group of 8 people.. but it's more fun to kill Bizarro alone..

not to mention, other people are unreliable and cant be count on.. as the saying go, If you want to get something done, better do it yourself...
    • Like x 7
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

lack of patience in most cases, or in some ppls cases its time limitations. So more solo's would be great to hop on run some of them, hop back off til they can hop on and play for longer periods.

in my case I came from solo only games(DCUO being my 1st MMO/RPG game ever), so that play style is still how I am, sure I run raids and alerts on Thursday, but dont really like raids.

plus 1 could even nitpik and argue in solo's its just you so it makes you become a better player if its only you to rely on :p
    • Like x 4
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While I tend to agree with you .. I really enjoyed those early missions for two reasons.. First of all you actually could feel like a real super hero. While there was nothing stopping you from teaming with other players there also was not a single mission arc that a player could not complete by them selves. Let's be realistic here... yeah when Darkseid shows up with an army or Parademons the entire Justice League shows up to kick butt and save the day. But when Toyman arrives at the First National bank in Metropolis does Superman call for 3 to 7 justice league members to assist or does he just kick butt and haul the strange little guy off to jail? Solo content lets us all feel like we can actually accomplish some stuff without a bunch of help.

Sadly those missions below thirty level are designed as a sort of tutorial and nothing like them shows up agai9n once we start working on Combat Rating. We find ourselves almost always teamed up with at the very least 1 other player or as many as 7.

Now again one of the really nice things about the under 30 missions was there was a beginning, a Middle and an end. You talked to your contact and got your mission. You headed out into the city and took on several missions defeating the minions of the Super Villain. and then you confronted and defeated that villain and saved the day! Tier level missions? At one point I joked with a league mate.. OMG it says we need to go back to Nadar Parbta and rescue Green Arrow again! we just did that last night. Why can't that spoiled little rich kid just get over himself and stay home? We do the exact same thing again and again and again until we grab enough good armor to reach the next tier and then.. we do all those missions again and again and again.

The problem is the game is set up to accomodate that grind. We do not have 10 or more story arcs assigned to a tier that each hand our marks and drop armor... we run the same limited stuff over and over. it would require a MAJOR revamp to change that sysytem and i do not think that will ever happen.
    • Like x 4
  14. Swiftduck Loyal Player

100% spot on. We need more of this post level 30. End game solo story arcs would be great
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

They tried this and people complained there wasn't enough open world. Now people are complaining there isn't enough instances?

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

Jokes aside, I prefer alerts and raids. I feel there is not enough alerts in general. So... *shrug*
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Some of it might be the games that were played before coming to DCUO. Both of the MMOs I played before DCUO (SWG and CO) had group content or stuff you could team up for, but there was a LOT of stuff that you could do on your own. Since it was something I was used to, it's what I've kind of stuck with in this game. Some of the behavior of folks looking for groups for group content contributed to my preference a bit, but that's a whole other thread and likely to lead me into "rant" territory so I'll leave that alone. :D

I've always looked at MMOs as offering an environment where players can team up and play together, offering challenges and encouraging players to team up. But I've never seen MMOs as meaning you have to group up to do stuff. The games that have appealed to me most are the ones that let me have more choice in when I group up with others and when I go it alone.
    • Like x 2
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

but but but I didn't even get my duo this DLC :(
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We got 6 solos this dlc. How much more can you people want? Lol.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It'll never be enough! We're coming for your alerts and raids next! Mwahahahaha! ^^
    • Like x 2
  20. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I would definitely be down for more solos. While raids are the funnest part of the game hands down they also loot lock us weekly, and thus the only point to play them would be feats. Even then you would have to build the team specifically for those feats in most cases. I would just enjoy a few more to queue into as I tend to get all of my raids out of the day on reset day since it is the easiest day to get them done. I guess I will see how that works out this week. At least for the villain side I have noticed a massive decrease in the 6am-7am crowd. I will have to see how the rest of the day fairs. Either way. Solos and duos add variety. Something this game is in dire need of.
    • Like x 2