PvP shielding and Power Regen

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CC+, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Glad to see healthy discussion about PvP on these forums once again. It sounds like shields have become useful like they were back in the day. Personally, it doesn't sound like a problem for tanks to have lots of shields though it would be a problem if DPS are able to shield nearly as much while out putting more damage. If devs decide to lower the absorption I hope they limit it to just DPS. Like have DPS shields only absorb 25-50% while other roles have 100%.
    • Like x 5
  2. Not Rekluze Level 30

In my opinion, I don't think the shields being 100% is much of a problem but rather the amount of damage they can absorb before breaking (in DPS role, haven't fought support roles yet).

Edit: I do think however, 50% damage reduction is fair in DPS role. Probably more so than a reduced total damage absorption 100% shield.
  3. Golden Spartan New Player

This is actually a great idea.
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I can definitely see that as being sensible Kara. However, there is one thing I am curious about. With the revamp, all damage penalties were removed from support roles (DPS get an innate 10% more damage than non-DPS). I wonder if that 10% difference in damage is enough to warrant a Tank, Troller, or Healer still being able to walk around and chunk out 100% shielding.
    • Like x 1
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

90% absorption instead of 100% then? Lol, idk but you make a good point. I guess it all depends on how much people are able to drag out fights by going all shields. If it gives rise to a shield meta then the devs will have to adjust the numbers.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

its not only dps , troller can run with 4 shields ... 5 with SC thats to much if they absorb 100%
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

Maybe this is a good time to bring back role debuffs to take care of those pesky shields ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Excatly, tanks should keep their ability to shield, but dps should have theres nerfed.
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Not really, that would ruin the effeicency of other roles, while in dps role sheild absorbtion should be of a lower caliber, that's the safest and smarter alternative. It would also promote playing support roles more in pvp.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

RPS for the win!
    • Like x 1
  11. CC+ New Player

I wouldn't mind a 50% damage absorption or a 3-4 second cap in PvP but you gotta also realize that 100% shielding just makes powers with 3-4 shields the best which is stupid. Everyone just stacks up their power tokens and switches to ice mental or munitions now
  12. CC+ New Player

If you are still aren't aware I am talking about a DPS vs DPS situations. With this low damage pretty much no power can burn through the shields so I can just recycle my shields and tap the person to death if you think this isn't broken and takes 0 skill then I don't even know what to tell you.
  13. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

And dps vs dps doens't matter when hybrid playstyles exist which is what you are referring to. I mean if you want to actually say noone can burn through it, send scrim to Jony aka Faint when he signs in. He was deleting ice's yesterday as fire.
  14. CC+ New Player

First sentence made no sense and I beaten faint so your point?
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

You beat him yesterday night?
  16. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

And the first sentence doesn't make sense because you don't even comprehend the conditions for the argument. You specifying dps vs dps doesn't actually mean anything when dps run shields and heals. Let alone that most people will switch stances easily since dps's only have a 10% damage buff now which is practically nothing. What role people go in doesn't actually change anything playstyle. It's just a trade off between slightly more sustain or slightly more damage.
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Have Damage absorption for shields reduced for DPS only..... that is just common sense.

The testing required would be on the actual reduction %. Should it be 15%? 20%? 25%?

Shield numbers for Tanks, Healers and Trolls is a different story.
    • Like x 1