What are your thoughts on the upcoming GU 73?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Winter Sabel, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I like it do you?
  2. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Anything to change the current state of the game from the AM crap fest. I love everything except how they somehow managed to nerf fire tanking...
    • Like x 4
  3. Serj Committed Player

I hate it.
    • Like x 3
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I have some concerns and thats about all i will say. But i do think some players are so happy to see AMs and cr differential be removed that they are over looking other things ;) But i do want the revamp to go as well as possible and improve the game. Thats all i really care about, the game being improved upon.
    • Like x 5
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm worried about the current population of pugs.
    • Like x 3
  6. BƖack Dedicated Player

Since 2016 we wait... It takes too long lol. When simple event like ''Tides Of War'' lasted 8+ hours to update? I just can't imagine how long this will take. People will go out on the streets with signs ''hurry up''. I really don't know what to think anymore tbh... i lost my faith.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I want the stupid guideline that nerfs damage of hybrid abilities removed, over killed the damage capability of celestial heal, which is what I loved about cele healing. I probably won't be doing it anymore when this goes live....

Love the dps side though! :)
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Tides of War isn't a simple update lol
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I feel that I've done everything I can to be ready for it (with the exception of some mark collection left in the latest JSA episode - and I'll likely finish that before 73 goes live). If I'm incapable of playing the game with all I've done to prepare, then there's really nothing else for me to do in changing that. I'll just be done. Not by my choice but a choice made for me.

My goals were met. This is the test. Do or die.
    • Like x 3
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I'm at the point of considering to ignore it, as in NOT logging in to take at least a look like I did with the other updates. But they will probably add some log-in-to-grab-for-free goodie again, considering how many people they hoped to get back with that. Since recently I'm gettingg the most fun from DCUO when just doing some ineffective grandstanding in the HoD, I doubt the update will make me come back to or even stay with DCUO again - while initially I was actually looking forward to it. The history of disappointing updates and additions in the recent past has simple grown to long to make some "hey vets statsmatter please come back"-update into a decisive turning point.

I'll watch the forums though to not miss any of the posts declaring how disappointing or bad the update is :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Good to see its in its final stages, but sad to see that after 6yrs we still get ppl booing updates because they think its not ready for the 256,754th time. Its not a release announcement and even with it being added to an official GU they updated it. I cant help but feel like a lot of ppl are missing the point of the Revamp when I read through the test threads. The entire point is to return gameplay and difficulty to the good ol days level, yet we have ppl complaining that solo healing/trolling is too difficult or that damage was slightly reduced. Yeah, that was the point. We didnt attempt FOS2 bridge with only 1 heal, and those that did failed miserably. DCUO has been on "Easy Mode" for far too long. I also think its adorable how the top complaints were "contents too easy" and "support roles are dying off because they're not needed", and here they are addressing it and it gets hate.

The revamp from testing it is about 95% ready, and they've already confirmed that its gonna be on test as GU73 for Weeks. Thats enough time to polish off that 5% easily. For new players its gonna be a bit of a culture-shock because they weren't around, but for anyone playing more than 4yrs its gonna be the good ol days + well-needed improvements. This is what it should have been all along instead of AMs and WM.
    • Like x 11
  12. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Hope it kills this game off. With the job that has been done by some of the powers that be, they deserve unemployment.
    • Like x 7
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Finally get the live people do the testing.
    • Like x 3
  14. SheerFaith Committed Player

We will see..
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

So, after this Fire users will have to actually set stuff on fire?....All the time?!?!?!?!
  16. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Downloading DCUO atm in preparation for when GU73 hits live. Hope EU server isn't dead, most of my old league mates have quit :/

Can any testers comment on the rage tanking revemp ?
  17. Phen0menal Active Player

my thought very glad I finally got on test server to see for myself, I will save my judgement until I have tested it out myself. I have seen mixed reviews but live will always differ from test and everyone will have their own opinion.
  18. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

From past experiences, I think it will break the game for at least a week if not two ... then we will get a number of "band aid" patch fixes that will further muddy everything up ... then after say three months, we will get a big announcement of a game revamp/rebirth/reset etc that will completely change everything again.
    • Like x 5
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

We got nerfed a bit in regards to the Heal Back Damage Mechanic and some of the leeching but they've given us a proper shield and ways to make up for it so tanking will be more on your toes than before making sure that Crash is cancelled and staying alive waiting for SP to get off of cooldown.

It'll be a learning curve and something rotation wise to get use to for sure.
    • Like x 1
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

It will be tough when it comes.
    Yes, there will be bugs, probably exploits, but it seems it has the potential to be better than the combat we now have on live.

But once the bugs and exploits are fixed, we hopefully can enjoy some fun combat again!
    • Like x 2