There are so many episodes, things to do and Marks Relevancy ruins it all.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Winter Sabel, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The title says it all.

There are so many episodes & things to do but Marks Relevancy ruins it all.
    • Like x 9
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've seen the future, and this just turns into another stat clamping thread.
    • Like x 6
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This's been asked about before hand and unfortunately the answer we always get is content relevancy is staying...

Which makes next to no sense considering MOV isn't even priority currency in today's end-game content.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

No, no, not a stat clamping thread,

it's a raise the cap on MoV to 999 thread.

You were fooled by the "relevancy" of the statement of episode content is all.:D
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No cause some guy says "if you make all content relevant you're gonna ruin new players experience with all these high cr running everything." Then someone else says "**** their experience" then the stat clamping argument starts. The future doesn't lie.
    • Like x 2
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No offense intended to the Developers but they have been so wishy washy over the years pertaining to changes in this game I don't believe for a second that we won't see another currency/relevancy change before this game is canceled. Unless the game is canceled within like the next 12 months or something.
    • Like x 5
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Well they do say the revamp is coming soon. Boom.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do think it's totally ridiculous that you lose the marks for AF3 when you're not even maxed out on the episode immediately after. Only one episode giving full marks right now is an absolute joke.
    • Like x 10
  9. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Preach it!
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Guys can't we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya in FoS3? ...and get marks for it?
    • Like x 1
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I do agree with stats clamps & raising caps on MOV. While very much associated with the topic at hand. This is not what the thread is about. This is about Marks Relevancy and how RELEVANT it is to player /customer retention or the lack there of.

I understand what you are saying but DCUO has flip flopped on so many things it's crazy. Marks Relevancy is the one thing that has hurt the game more than anything else as far as player retention goes.

Marks relevancy regardless of what the devs think or say devalues 95% of the game just by the sheer
    PERCEPTION ( THAT WORD AGAIN ):rolleyes: that if the content is not relevant the content is useless, worthless or not worth their time or effort.

The Revamp will not change the PERCEPTION of Relevancy / Marks Relevancy in the slightest.
    • Like x 3
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Can't help but agree here.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

I ruin run lower content all the

wait a second,,,, we had this conversation before?

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've consulted with the magic 8 ball. It's says to check back later.
    • Like x 3
  15. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Why not remove marks and just have everything RNG based? Isn't that what we all want?

-added bonus
    Opening Time capsules has a chance to drop OMNIPOTENT gear!!! That would totally bring everyone back to get ready for the revamp thing.
  16. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah I made the big mistake on all of this. Clearly content like Starro was designed to shoot new players to end game, and get them in the final stretch so that maybe they would blast away at that bank account. The problem with this is that if I could hit 200 CR in less then 3 months with my work schedule and video game hating Wifey others should easily be able to do that as well. Annnnnnnd then what happens? I can barely get MoV anymore. The daily AoJ content is really my primary source along with the big whole one I get from the vault and lockboxes (If I get to play long enough to find one). Sure, sometimes it will throw them in on lower tier content but it is not guaranteed. I like the idea of a difficulty level being implemented that makes the content relevant to me as opposed to "Oh now you've hit the last few levels. Better buy more replays so you can get those MoV out of the whole 2 raids you can earn from!".

I used to have the problem of losing MoV because I wasn't watching how many I had and hit 100. Now the problem is that I can't seem to even get to 50.
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

I jumped ship mostly due to the 15 minute MAX worth of daily content.

To this day, and after many MMO's, I've yet to see even ONE other with such little daily content (unless you pay on top of your sub).

It's ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, because the content is changed SO drastically without Mark rewards. :rolleyes:

It's the exact same content as it was. In many cases, it's easier once you're out of Mark relevancy, but the content itself is exactly the same as it was when you ran it at the relevant tier/CR.

As blunt and rude as it may be to say this, if older content has been "ruined" for no other reason than a player not getting Marks when the content itself hasn't changed, that's just a hang-up those players need to get over.
    • Like x 2
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Does not have to .. here's a perfectly good idea. lets do away with all the different currencies we have now and go back to absolutely everything just needing marks to purchase. NOW lets go back to the old system where depending on what tier/vendor you were in determined how much armor cost and do away with the relevancy nonsense completely. So YES under that old set up a player could have a combat rating that put him into tier 8 and could sneak down and do tier 1 content and earn marks. BUT he'd get so few marks from running through that content that he could do every t1, solo, duo, alert and raid and not earn enough ,marks to be a single tier 8 ring.

You remember those days Fatal You could go to Ace Chemical and run a daily mission and, been a while but as I recall, you earned like 625 marks. the go the The Wastelands and complete a daily mission from one of the three contacts there are earned 3125 mark. Oh and the Cr 85 armor you could but in the wasteland and the Cr 90 armor you could buy from the vendor inside Mogo were all priced to reflect the fact that you got 3250 marks for a solo (which pays out 1 mark now).

And then the whiners showed up on the forums and cried about the fact that a player could do nothing but lower tier, easier content, and eventually be able to but higher CR armor without ever doing the newer more difficult content.. YEAH if they wanted to spend thousands of replay badges to run that old content over and over and over. Again not sure on the exact figures but j take 625 and then times it by 5 = 3125 so it would require a player to use up about 48 replays. 12 for a daily solo time 4 would give you 48 and since you would have to do 5 daily missions at ACE that paid out 625 in order to have earned the same 3125 marks you got by completing 1 daily mission if the Wasteland. You'd be going through a huge amount of replays to come close to what you earned doing 3 daily missions i the Wastelands.

But of course because it was ultimately possible of course there were players here moaning because "they worked hard for their marks to buy new gear. And house other guys just did lower content and breezed through it.

We do not need stat clamping what we need is to just stop worrying about what anyone else does to get where they get and try playing the dang game.

Heck look where we are now.... technically AF3 and AOL are both t8 content right? BUT can you take your ancient coins and go but new gear from the vendor in Area 51? Heck A Rip in Time is considered T8 content and it pays out nothing but MARKS... Can you even think about buying gear from the vendor in Typhons Monster Zone or the war Torn Village with MARKS? We have a new DLC coming on September.. Anyone care to make a bet we dot get a whole new currency and a vendor sellling new armor that can only be bought with THAT currency.

Supposedly one of the "perks" I am entitled to as a ":Legendary" member is access to the whole gamer... but at this point what is ity 75% or more of the missions from lower content give me nothing but n alternate reward box. Maybe in some cases people shut just shut up and stop worrying about what or how other people play this game.. It would be a lot less confusing
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Dont ya know, thats the norm for the MMO genre. According to some around here who have only ever played dcuo :rolleyes::p

These thread give me a good laugh because some people defend the mark relevancy but cant give a legit reason why it should stay :confused: People say "u can earn MoV at such an easy clip and they are everywhere." Ok then why do we need relevancy? Because we can earn MoV at a fast clip means we shouldnt earn more? Why exactly? Why is it capped at 100? This all made sense when monthly content was going on and we had vendor gear to spend MoV on. Since all episodes now have their own mark the mark relevancy is nonsensical.
    • Like x 1