Live Action Death Note Trailer on Netflix

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by GalaxySniper, Apr 1, 2017.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Doesn't look nor feel like Death Note at all. Well, maybe the cover of the book prop is done about ok, but the rest???
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The casting of Willem Dafoe as Ryuk was a nice touch, but it does look somewhat disconnected to the source material. I can understand them changing the location to fit a Western audience, but at the same time the main character didn't quite have that same kind of flair for the dramatic in killing his victims via the book.

I do have to admit that it isn't one of my favorite anime, though. Not that it isn't a good show, but the VERY dark tone to the show was a bit much to go through. I think it was one of the many series that Adult Swim/Toonami broadcast that kind of burned me out on the dark themed anime shows.
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Such a wasted opportunity....

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

6. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

Geez, the more previews we get, the more we notice how many aspects of the anime they got wrong. I dont even consider this Death Note at this point.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not sure this interview with the director is going to help matters much in terms of controversy and/or discontent with fans familiar with the source material.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...-the-original-story-with-its-american-setting

He does have a couple valid points in there about adapting the material, but there's some other stuff in there that will, at the very least, have fans looking at the interview and saying, "Dude, what?" o_O