Tides of War Member gift?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Epcot, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Epcot Active Player

Just wondering if we were going to get one, I love all the aquatic themed things and wouldn't mind more lol. I won't be mad if there isn't I am just happy we are getting pirate gear
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Member gifts are typically for special occasions. A recurring seasonal isn't exactly a special occasion.
  3. Epcot Active Player

Didn't we get a willow aura for spring event tho?
    • Like x 1
  4. Epcot Active Player

I was just wondering just cause of the willow aura from spring if it was going to be a continuous thing
    • Like x 1
  5. Ekart Committed Player

Members gifts are ok, but not for every seasonal or minor update they make. When movies get released or special comics issues, etc. Would love something from Superman universe when Action Comics hits #1000. :D
  6. Epcot Active Player

Lol I only have one nature inspired toon so I didn't mind
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

cuz i want one.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

This is why that willow aura isnt the norm. Because people start expecting gifts and ask over and over. Not saying you're doing this. But if they kept giving a gift for seasonals and the decided to stop what do ya think its gonna happen? Forums would be filled with complaints. The willow aura was a nice thing they did. Its definitely not the norm for seasonal events.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't know. Not that I'm against seasonal auras being available for members, but.. I'd personally wouldn't want this stuff being considered as a "Benefit" or Perk for that matter.

Every now and then it's a nice thing, but if It becomes permanent it's just gonna add to the disconnect that's currently happening with membership as is.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Or it could just be added as a "perk" to encourage people to subscribe, if they know each event there's something in it for them.

This is what many other MMO's do during promotional and event periods.

Giving a gift every time is not a bad thing.
    • Like x 1