Stats Matter... 250SP to max out Might/Power? = dissapointment

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

That's it?

why the heck would you guys stop dps progression at 250SP....this is infuriating

Good luck getting Vets to stick around
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Excuse me but not everyone is at 300 SP :rolleyes:.

You people set your standards way too high sometimes.
    • Like x 16
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Because math.

It is designed in a way that you eventually max out at a certain percentage of your stats coming from skill points from there you start to move points into other areas of benefit.

Also your view is exceptionally narrow and shows all you ever think about is pve.

In pvp for example pushing more stats into health, weapon variations and other aspects allows you to be far more efficient.

It's amazing that once you cut through the initial sense of being infuriated you can see the logic and common sense ;)
    • Like x 23
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no its because ppl set the bar to low that the player skill becomes just that, low, then wonders why ppl get stuck at consoles in PBR lol
    • Like x 2
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

whats wrong with only doing PvE? PvP isn't fun everyone knows that.
    • Like x 1
  6. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Here's some "math" for you ...... lower population = No mo game

This lack of progression halts players desire to continue to grind past 250SP.

You talk about "PvE" lMAO PvP has been non-exsistent so what else is there. LPVE??? lmao

shut the front door dude

GG
    • Like x 3
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

i'm pretty sure it take around 120 sp to max out might and power in current stats... nobody complain about that..

but when they make it 250 to max out might and power, you complain about it being too low? i dont understand how some people think...
    • Like x 2
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

You realize there are people that left this game who's toon still have 100-150sp from back in the day that have higher skill levels than people with 300 currently. It doesn't take a person to even be average skill level wise to get 300sp. Just toss them a credit card, put 5 years of playing content when it was released for the repetition feats, and they'd have it. I mean hell you could throw Jackster or Nerd0fPrey into EBI and they'd hit 300sp without even knowing how AM's work still.
    • Like x 5
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I agree on 1 thing, but ppl not wanting to grind to 250sp? USPS villains theres always someone trying to get feats in LFG lol

Perhaps its different on hero side or on EU (if thats the server you're on?)
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

never said ppl at 300sp had higher skill levels, but more often then not when comparing 100sp person vs a 300sp person the 300sp guy will know more of the game then said 100sp person.

And trust me I know plenty of high SP bums just on villain side alone.
    • Like x 1
  11. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

I will clear it up for you.

Currently the CR differential makes SP relevancy gear towards your current CR

Stats Matter makes.....STATS MATTER.... hence

Why would you CAP something that is already easily attainable in 250SP?

DB has basically been giving away free SP with Time Capsules, Events, and crazy easy feats. Hell they even gave away some of the grindiest feats with the paid progression to CR 100.

SO when a player like myself has grinded away since the games inception only to be CLAMPED by these ridiculous ideas .....it can make the incentive to not progress more enticing because I have no where to go as a DPS after 250 that furthers my damage as it pertains to SP.

You have to give the players something to grind for.... and the ppl with 300SP plus will not
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Do you have any proof of anything or just more allegations?
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Perhaps you Speak of YOURSELF, Myself I currently have 316 SP And Still Want More. I got Many Feats I have yet to Aquire and Will ALWAYS Strive to Complete them.
    • Like x 3
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Actually, you did indirectly.

Jacob: 300sp is a high standard
    You: set the bar too low that the player skill becomes just that, low,
    set the bar too low -> player skill being low
    low skill point standard -> player skill being low

In order for that argument to hold, there's a relationship between skill points and skill level implied that says something along of the lines of "if you doesn't have high sp standards, then community skill level will be low". Which is almost the same as saying that people who do have said high sp standards, have higher skill level. If people at 300sp don't have higher skill levels like you just said is actually the case, then there is no relationship. Even if the community had high skill point standards and everyone was at 300, there'd still be people that were lacking in game knowledge.

And I like how you go down to a 100sp person which is an alt or new player completely or just a pvp'er when 250sp was the original number being used.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

point is there are far less, less knowledgeable HIGH SP players, then there are high knowledgeable low SP players. I dont care who you are if think otherwise then its time for meds and/or that DR. visit ;)
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Furthermore I'd rather take the high SP person over a low SP person regardless their knowledge simply due to their stats. Stats is what get things completed, you can coach someone through everything in this game ;)

But then again I've never seen a 300SP person needing coaching in TD either :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Didn't someone on the dev team say that the cap would go up with each release?

In order to keep the same percentages between Gear/SP/Mods?

Or did I hallucinate that?
    • Like x 3
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Changing the argument and personal insults. Point proven, argument is won. :rolleyes:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

No, currently it takes 264 sp to max out might alone. That's without a single WM combo unlocked.

It boggles my mind how much misinformation is widely circulated and accepted on these forums.
    • Like x 9
  20. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

This is the first I am hearing of this and I must say I am highly disappointed.
    • Like x 2