Linkdead issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Morsy808, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Morsy808 Committed Player

Devs, just take the code for linkdead and erase it from history.

I tried coming back from a 6 month hiatus, but not sure I'll bother this time. No less than 6 times I have had various issues (such as getting stuck in scenery 4 times in Ultimate Soldier) and getting the endless loading bar when flicking to the market place menu.

Both issues result in having to close the game and each time I'm locked out for ages with a linkdead endless loading screen.

Seriously, this has been an issue since before HoP 2. If you cannot implement a feature properly, remove it already.

I'd much rather be removed from whatever content I'm running and need inviting back than be locked out the game for extended periods of time.

What a lousy experience this "feature" causes.
    • Like x 2
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

It can be handy in very select few situations. Then again some of those situations are a result of bugs in the first place. A lot of time I walk out/in a door to an interior my entire game will blue screen crash. Obviously in the US raid this can be a pain. I have got to the point where I usually advise the team at the start that if I d/c while entering one of the time lines that I will be back so don't kick me. So it does come in handy in letting me rejoin as if I had never crashed at all.

I have also gave up on trying to access the MP within an instance. I know that it does the forever loading thing outside of instances as well, but it seems to be less of an occurrence at least somewhat. But yeah, I absolutely hate when linkdead fails and I am just stuck waiting for 10 minutes. Definitely the slowest 10 minutes of my life. I imagine that Hell is just permanent linkdead status and server crashes.
  3. Morsy808 Committed Player

Personally I have seen no benefit from linkdead.

It is pointless and just creates endless amounts of hassle all over. Been on the other side of it too when league mates have dc'd and have reappeared 15-20 minutes later absolutely fuming because of a linkdead.

This even happened in SM a few times where people have missed out on pets because of it. Blue screen then linkdead, instance loot locked and no loot.

There is no reason to keep it around. Drop linkdead like a bad habit.
  4. Morsy808 Committed Player

Seriously. Beyond a joke now. Over half an hour I've left it and still unable to connect to the server. This is the worst I've ever seen it.
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

For a feature that's supposed to get a player back into the game within 10 minutes I have to say it isn't working as intended.

Maybe they should change the way the game is able to be closed "accidently" by hitting the "wrong" button or "choice" of keyboard commands and then fix the "massive" bugs that plague the game in every tier,

Of course it could just be my "perception" and Link-dead is performing as intended for every player that gets disconnected due to bugs by keeping them offline, sort of like a "personal request" that while you're offline take the next 30 minutes and submit a ticket to CS.
    • Like x 1
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Ugh... Another one of these threads...

Linkdead is working well on PC. There are some bug reports about problems with it for PS4, but none provided the necessary information. It is annoying how players keep complaining and ask for a magical fix - there is no magic, it requires reproduction steps of bugs to fix them.
    If you are willing to be the one who will make a difference, I'll gladly help, but if you are only here to complain, then it won't change anything.

I'll ask their QAA if they can deactivate linkdead for PS4 players. Just don't complain later that it puts you at a disadvantage - you asked for it...
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Please don't.

It's just one person that's made a thread about Linkdead, and you're seriously going to ask them to deactivate linkdead because of this? It's not worth it.

To the OP: If you're having linkdead problems, just stay off the game for 10 minutes; once ten minutes are up you won't be tagged as linkdead anymore.
  8. Morsy808 Committed Player

I did specify in one of my posts that I was off game (ie; on PS4 dashboard with no games running) for over 30 minutes and it STILL wouldn't log me on. Working as intended..... Good one.

Noticed another thread from someone else in the Arkham section who had EXACTLY the same issue just now, so it isn't just me.

I would personally prefer linkdead off because it beats waiting 15-40 minutes waiting for the game to fix itself only for it to happen again later. It's more irritating and inconvenient than it is useful.
  9. Original Kal Well-Known Player

no. I agree it needs to go.
    • Like x 1
  10. Morsy808 Committed Player

It does.

I would have thought Daybreaks goal would be to have as many players online as possible. Not sitting there staring at loading screens and error messages, having the will to spend money declining with each error.

It needs to go. I'd be interested to see how many players DBG have lost because of this. I know its caused me to quit once and it caused a friend of mine who I started a league with to quit (and he hasn't returned).
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

If it works so well on PC then why is there a recommended "work around" of starting a 2nd instance of the game to "kick" a link-dead character off the 1st instance?

If it's just a PS4 thing why does it happen to the PS3 as well and complaints from the XBOX players as well.?

A feature that I supposed to "allow a player to return to an instance" when DC'ed within a 10 minute timeframe shouldn't have a "work around" that forces a player to "turn off their system for 10 minutes" before attempting to log back into the game.

Yeah, keep posting Link Death works" well on PC", maybe 1 decade the player base will be convinced by your insisting it works " well on PC", so far no one else believes it.
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I saw no recent reports from xbox or PS3.

All recent reports lack reproduction steps to fix any bug. Therefore the bugs can't be fixed.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

it looks like each time u try to log in back to your link dead character it resets the link dead timer of 10min, u really need to stay away from the game for 10min to be able to log in again, thats at least my own experience.
  14. Twincam Well-Known Player

These types of bugs are really hard if not impossible to fix without revisiting and redoing that whole feature. I't will probably also take weeks to try and reproduce this. As a software developer myself, I feel for the dev's on this one. There is nothing as frustrating as knowing there is a bug and simply can't reproduce it :/

However I did experience a link death and what I did was: in the middle of a loading screen hit the windows key to look something up online. Or could have been through steam, opened up the overlay to go to browser and something died.
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

The majority of "casual" PC/PS/XBOX consumers are not going to remember every thing that lead up to a Disconnect and especially if it happens in an instance/content.

That means they will not have "steps to reproduce" available.

Most will never submit a ticket or report the problem whatever it may be.

So there are known bugs/issues with Link Death that can't be fixed.

The normal person would consider if it can't be fixed then it needs removed but since it "works well on PC" most but not all of the time then the player-base must suffer and use a "work around" for PC or just "wait it out" until the server finally kicks you off on the PS.

You can defend it all you want, that still doesn't change the fact that for most it's broken and should be removed.
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I think the bug is the game can not determine how the console player disconnected. The disconnects are on a regular basis and can be caused by things such as too many players phasing on to you, using a vendor, standing in one spot, being in an alert, playing the game normally, changing voice channels, opening your menu. Our consoles can freeze at any time in any place and there's no one cause and steps to reproduce other than "playing the game as usual".
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Hmmm... Interesting... I may have experienced similar...
    I'll try a few things and see if I can bug it :D
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I actually think it should go. I have seen it get used for the benefit of the player, but I've seen more problems arise from it than not. On PC leaguemates no less.

FWIW, the major problem for tracking and fix it is there are a lot of client side variables that just bug it. From internet, to hardware, to even power. Which is why a lot of bugs and glitches on the PS server kept happening while the PC one wasn't experiencing them and vice versa.