Fix your stupid Bounties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiressDraygen, Jun 2, 2017.

1. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

7 times in a row. These dumb bounties give me nothing towards the mission. How stupid is that. Wasted an hour for nothing. Thats a massive fail.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You need to be in a group in order to get credit.

I do agree it needs to be changed, I found that out the hard way.
    • Like x 1
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I ran it on one character, never in a group, and got credit four out of five attempts. I was startled during the one I "missed" because I thought I'd done enough damage. I ran it on another character, not in a group, and never got any credit and gave up after two attempts because it was late.

This really needs to be fixed.
    • Like x 1
  4. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I was able to get the bounties as a solo player without any issues. Maybe you should go back and brush up on in game mechanics. I know of a lot of good players that don't have any issues with the bounties by using the mechanics properly.
    • Like x 1
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

What really drives you a little crazy is how it will give you credit one time and won't the next. My Main. Doc Quint, got credit for Ultra Humanite and i barely even remembered battling him.. Then I tried to solo the Gentleman Ghost .. even jumping on the LFG and shouting "Gentleman Ghost up on me" twice. Three straight times I helped defeat him but got no credit until i joined a team and took him out the 4th time. What makes it worse is how much different it is that STARRO was in the Deluge zone just two days ago. My god I had one time where i showed up in zone and discovered he was up and under attack. Had to be 10 or more players after him and I swear I got off like 2-3 shots before he died. Collected my 5 quicklime canisters for the day and moved on. No team mates to help with total damage .. just fired off a few shots and "here's your reward .. thanks for playing"

It would be REAL nice if the DEV team could pick ONE way of doing things and just stick with it.
    • Like x 3
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I typed out a long post in testing feedback about this bounty. And pointed out the same issues people are now complaining about :oops: Makes me wonder why i even bothered :p
    • Like x 5
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OKAY so I don't know maybe today it was just a matter of less people rushing around attacking every bounty that moved but I some how managed to do enough damage with my CR 190 QUANTUM DPS to get credit for Gentleman Ghost, Solomon Grundy and Ultra-Humanite without being on a team. I was on a team for Eclipso but only because I arrived and the guy that shouted Eclipso is up on LFG was standing there ALL BY HIMSELF and invited me. Eventually other players arrived, we attacked and defeated him. HIM being Eclipso not the guy I teamed with (Just in case you got confused .. I KNOW I KNOW .."Shut up smart *** and just type")

So was it because there were less people and fewer teams attacking so I managed enough damage? Or did the Devs do a quick fix so if you took the time and effort to find and attack and help defeat a bounty you didn't get ignored just because You didn't do enough damage solo as a 6 man team?

ANYWAY.. the good news is today i was actually able to find Hawkman and get that missions so i could defeat all 4 of them. For some reason yesterday when i was on my Speedster alt (Jess Quick) I looked all over that dang castle and he was no where. Strange thing was earlier that same day Hawkman was in the castle and my Main(Doc Quint) got the mission and defeated them on day one. Slight glitch? whatever I am goof till next week.
  8. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

I tried to laugh, but you're not a funny person. Failed
    • Like x 1
  9. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I was still navigating my way through the War-Torn village, when I got a ninja invite. I followed the other player through the corridor. Where a big group was fighting Gentleman Ghost. I was like huh? what? bounty? I was like okay...sure. Why not.

Turns out player who invited wasn't part of that group. And not even in the War-Torn Village. I still got credit for fighting him.
  10. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

It seems that it's always been a little different for each "bounty." With Sub-Avatar you had to be in a group but not necessarily at the fight to get the gear drops and credit for the bounty. The Raven bounty in Sons of Trigon you need to be in a group, but if multiple groups are present it was like only the group that did the most damage got credit. The latter seems to be "how it works" for the majority of bounty type engagements.
  11. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Truth hurts doesn't it?
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Does seem to make a difference what role you are playing. Yesterday I was on my Atomic Tank.. no team at all and got credit for Eclipso, and Gentleman Ghost soling and let's face fact...Tanks rarely do anywhere near as much damage as a DPS (unless that DPS really sucks). Now At that point another player invited me to a team so I did Solomon and Ultra Human that way...But obviously the standard is not just simply set to total damage or no way a solo tank would get credit. Now NO IDEA how that would work for a healer or a troll. Okay your not doing as much damage as a DPS but unless your own a team aside from yourself exactly who are you healing or providing power boosts to?

Here's an idea .. how about we just do away with the whole "You must do X amount of damage to get credit" system and just give everyone that shows up and attacks the bounty credit.... Not like they never did it before. Like I said in another post... I got credit for Starro on day last month and I swear I barely got off 3 shots before he was down.

Yeah I KNOW.. at this point the chances of that change happening are about zero but maybe some DEV team member will see this and remember it for the next time? Yeah I know.... chances of that happening are about the same as them changing the way we get credit for defeating Solomon Grundy now. LOL
  13. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Yeah I am not sure how this works really. On day one the bounties were one of the last things I got around to doing. By this point everyone was shouting into LFG so it was as easy as killing Starro 54 times. Just wait, phase, kill, repeat. I was in a group of three players. Two DPS and one healer. We got Grundy, UH, Eclipso, and Gentleman Ghost. Not a single one of us got credit for Eclipso. Go back and kill him again. Same thing happens. BOTH players in my group got offline before I saw another LFG Eclipso sighting. I go back and solo kill him and get credit. So I am not even sure that is a matter of damage output. Grundy would hop around the room and KO 5 people every hit. Even with pick ups I spent a ton of time running back as I still had a hard time finding may way there (This fight was still in the room, never spilled out into the hallway). It all just seems to be random really based on what everyone is saying.