Reknown with Champions of Olympus

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, May 31, 2017.

1. Eve YouTuber

Hello, I have a question. I Didn't bother with reknowns till now but I needed these for feats.
    So, I'm done with Sentinel of Magics and Star Labs, and today when I logged in I saw Champions of Olympus.
    I'm familiar with his reknown because I've seen it in Test Server, my question is how to I start earning it now?
    What Solos\Duos\Alerts\Raids gives them? what is the fastest way to farm them? Thanks.

[IMG]
  2. myandria Item Storage

Solos give the most renown that I know of (125). I usually do the Tier1-3 solos first to get the max amount of renown in a short period of time. For the Waynetech renown, you only need to do the Batman related/inspired ones like Jokers Funhouse, Gotham Sewer, East End Regal Hotel, Old Gotham Subway for example. IF you use replay badges, you can reset them over and over until you get to the trusted level, which isn't far off for you now. As far as the Olympus ones, I don't have the latest episode so I can only assume you have to do the higher alerts, missions and raids that pertains to the content.
    • Like x 1
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

Elite Oly and Elite GoM bosses will drop Renown Tokens. Consume those and you'll be rewarded with Renown for Champions of Olympus.
    • Like x 4
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ Only from elite content in AF3.
    • Like x 2
  5. myandria Item Storage

Really? So not only do you have to have AF3 but only the Elite content gives the renown? Ok.. good to know. Guess I wont be buying elite gear. Ah well.
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

It makes sense no? Why should you be able to get Elite gear without running Elite content?
    • Like x 1
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Because every thing else is handed to the players.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Ah, but now comes an interesting question...Do the Renown Boosters you can buy in the marketplace work with these Tokens? And if so, do the Tokens have a time limit on them? Or can you save them up, consume the booster, and then go to town?
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yes they do work and I don't believe there's a time limit. I was finished with all my runs in a couple of hours and just started deleting them if I ever ran elite not loot locked again.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The renown boosters have an hour limit.

With regards to the Olympus renown its fairly easy to get your characters up to the first tier. Theres no reason why you can't run a few elite raids when you get there. As of today that gear is becoming obsolete and if i remember correctly will only grant you a title anyway.

Having a full set of elite gear is nice but really it only grants a small stat increase. The higher tiered bonuses you get benefit controllers and healers the most and seeing as how easy a time controllers and healers have in content these days its not at all required.
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Here2Help said:
    It makes sense no? Why should you be able to get Elite gear without running Elite content?

In a way, it does not make sense to me. With all of the pay walls available here I figured that players should have the option to purchase Elite Gear from Elite Gear Vendors for a "slightly higher than normal" price. The RNG gods are not friendly with most MMO's, so I know I'm not going to grind "Elite" content for items that will take years to get. I plan on getting AF3, I just wont do the "Elite" raids and try to compete with those RNG gods.
  12. Eve YouTuber

Thanks everyone. :)
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hardest content = strongest gear. Makes perfect sense to me. You don't need Elite gear but its there for those who like the "challenge".
  14. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

To clear up some misconceptions. Elite gear from AF3 doesn't just give a title. It gives affinity bonuses with affinity mods for your generator as well. I haven't looked into if the new DLC does the same yet as it just dropped today.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

WTF does RNG have to do with elite gear. You do the elite raids, every boss drops a renown consumable 100% of the time, consume the renown. Different levels of renown unlock different elite gear in the Olympian vendor. There is no RNG involved.