Age of Justice/Bombshell Wonder Woman shield items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by willflynne, Jun 1, 2017.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I may be remembering this wrong, but it seems like at the end of the Age of Justice livestream they featured a Bombshell Wonder Woman shield style and base item pack that was going to be part of the episode. It seemed like it was going to be a gift for subscribers, but right now I'm not 100% sure.

Anyhow, I checked the Redeem/Claim section in the Marketplace and didn't see anything like that. Am I mis-remembering the whole thing or am I just looking in the wrong place for it?
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There will be a member gift themed with the Episode. It's not live yet.
    • Like x 12
  3. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

Was just about to ask this myself lol.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, thanks for the reply. :)
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

So yet again a style tied behind legendary when it should be given to everyone. Im sorry but this is some of the crap why I no longer support this game with a legendary membership. Its bad enough you have styles in capsules ppl will never obtain then you start doing these. Whats next?

Prem cant get same SP' or anything b/c they choose not go legendary? You forget premium pay to access DLC too.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is a member gift.
    • Like x 8
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Hmmm... Maybe I don't understand you right.

You don't support Legendary subscription, because of the chance of receiving a free gift?
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

a style that if you want or actually like have to become legendary for which isnt far to the folks that like wonder woman. I dont support them due to the need to be greedy at every turn this is no exception.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

then what is the premiums gift? b/c last I check in starro's event premiums got nothing, yet legendary got a raid for 2 months. So wheres premiums actual gift, you know part of your population that supports via BUYING DLC's not renting them.
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

I flat out refuse to even consider Premium as an option.

Actually, isn't "Premium" no longer a thing? Didn't they basically dismiss it a couple years ago? It's just "member" and "non member".

Anyway. "Premium" Has always been a scam from day one. And it's that silly system that destroyed the games path of progression. I really wish just buying Episodes was no longer even an option.
    • Like x 2
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Well it still is, so the ppl who support this game rather they are premium OR legendary should get styles such as these. Not just legendary.
  12. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

They are trying to add value to the memberships with gifts like these. As for your point of view, it sounds very self entitled considering they are a business not a charity or social government. I like that they are trying to add value to the membership I pay for. It's memberships that keep the lights on at Daybreak Games. It's the memberships that now give you the ability to even play DCUO at all. These memberships carry all of the free to play folks and for you to complain they aren't giving you free stuff because you aren't paying them is rather ludicrous.

Sometimes I wish this game never went free to play in the first place. The way they implemented it is way too restrictive in some sense and way to generous in others.
    • Like x 5
  13. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Chipping in as a premium player. I don't feel entitled to get the shield. Yes, I'm a paying player but I spent $10 for content that will last me 6 months (so ~$1.5 per month). Members pay $10 per month so they should be getting something more. Get off your high horse.
    • Like x 6
  14. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I really think that there should only be Legendary and Premium players. Both groups contribute money and no one gets a 100% free ride.
    • Like x 3
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

I agree that Premies need a bit more. The difference between Premium and someone that's never spent a dime is wayyy too close.

But Legendary deserves a whole lot more.
    • Like x 2
  16. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

From a business perspective that is a really bad idea. You will need to bring in new players that will potentially sub or buy separate DLCs so it makes sense that Daybreak gives out content for free and allows them to skip to a certain CR so they don't have to queue forever or try and get a group together to run older content.
  17. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

This is the way to bring in new players. I don't feel robbed for paying $1.5/m and having other people pay nothing so they can experience the full game (I do buy the occasional upgrades so it's probably a bit more than $1.5/m). I do agree that legendary players should be getting a whole lot more. I would have subbed a long time ago but for me it's not worth it (I buy the 7 day escrow access once I've got a few million saved up on my toons so I can get some feats done & replay badges when they are on sale). And to add to this I did buy the extra bank slots and maximum inventory as well but once you buy these they are permanent so that's a one time investment vs. a monthly one.
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well let's see in the past almost 12 months prior to two days ago we had exactly 1 DLC. During that same time frame Premiums and F2P( you know.. those players that have never shelled out a cent to play this game) got a total of 3 months where they were granted access to every bit of content the game had. Including the Anniversary event those same players got 2 "special events" to play because we were all clamped and anyone above level 10 could play them.

So assuming you even bought DLC 27 and 28 HOW much money have you shelled out of content in the past 12 months while I was shelling out $12 every single month? OH wow we got one whole Treasure chest to open in each Starro duo, alert and raid that you didn't have access to AND without using replays we could run ONE raid during STARRO that you didn't have access to.

Now I realize that there are a large number of Premiums out there that have supported this game for years and spent a ton of cash on it as well. But guess what.. Your premium status was YOUR decision. So let's see you can go to the market right now and buy DLC 27 for 9.99 and DLC 28 for 9.99... which comes to a total of $19.98 and you have every bit of new content that is available since JULY 2016. In that same time frame i have shell out $12 a month for 11 + months so I've shelled out $132.00. Now there has not been a single new POWER come available during that time period so the ONLY other thing you could have spend any cash on is Replays, Booster bundles, Time capsules and so on and so on. GUESS what? Legendary players shell out cash for those as well.

Oh and let's clarify.. I have two accounts .. one legendary and one Premium. So I know how much (or how little) it is possible to spend and have access to every power and all BUT DLC 27 and 28. Stop acting like you are deprived of so much and players that sub get treated so much better that you. Sounds like you did SUB at one point and then quit. Again .. your decision. Do I think A premium deserves more than a wallet that hold $2000 in game cash? Heck yeah I can spend almost as much time selling off soda to buy stuff I need or want as I do playing the game. But I shelled out like $40 and got almost every single DLC and all the powers PLUS access to my lair. In the mean time my Legendary has been shelling out between $12 and $15 a month for close to 5 years. That comes to over $700 without adding in all the lair deeds, Armories, replays, total Recall kits and basically every single style and base item they every put on sale in the Market. I figure i have well over $1000 invested in this game... If they want to give me a free shield for all that I'm taking it.
    • Like x 6
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

While I agree on the majority of your post it was also YOUR decision to stay legendary :D
    • Like x 1
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Exactly JUST like it was xoHLxDPSox's to stop subbing or never sub at at all. I am not unhappy that i kept my legendary status just pointing out to HIM that moaning about not getting a free shield and how "legendary" get all the perks can grate on the nerves of long time Legendary players who have supported this game for years. Frankly in light of how little new content we have had, regardless of Premium OR Legendary status its about time those of us that did keep those memberships active deserve a freebie.
    • Like x 4