No need to change anything about a Controller. Live is Fine!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiressDraygen, May 29, 2017.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Too good. Love it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yea agreed.

The op also seemed to on many occasions be using his shields and tunneling unnecessarily. Which is both bad from a power management perspective and the fact it puts it on cooldown leaving him vulnerable should a real need arise.

The same could be said about his trinket use.

On top of that he used his supercharge on almost every occasion where the group was neither in real trouble or needing power.

The only one that needed power when he popprd the supercharges was himself.

The difference between what a skilled troll does and what this op attempted put forth as skilled trolling is power management.

A skilled troll not only manages the groups power but also their own.

At almost every point of the ops fight he was bottom barring himself because he was trying to keep everyone above 90% to try and prove a point.

That is a horribly flawed approach because if a situation arises where people do blow some power he's got nothing left to give.

And like people have said the lack of cc trinket and vit pet is a complete rookie mistake.

The op was also over controlling with distortion wave. It was unnecessary when the tank has the adds. I also note on many occasions he was attempting to control uncontrollable npcs, further wasting power.

His situational awareness was very lacking and half the time he tunneled it was done in a manner that lacked control.

Im sorry op, I hope you can take this criticism on board in a constructive manner as there is improvement you could make in nearly every aspect of trolling.
    • Like x 8
  3. Simon Phoenix Active Player

Everything I was gonna say has been said already.All this video shows is how much you still gotta learn.
    • Like x 3
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Well, after reading through this thread, I really think we should have our own version of Roast Me from Reddit. It can be called "Roast My Gameplay" ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Didn't watch video but a skilled troll doesn't use soders, uses supercharges for protection/group power, does cc on ads without spamming them and knowing ads breakout profiles, keeping your power up, using weapon mastery efficiently, and doesn't use powers just for fun.

There's more and group pending but it seems that you did an ad job and called it skill.
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

No it shows you hopping around like a spider monkey the tank should get the eggs you should be in an area that will allow you to tunnel to pick up a teammate if they go down also give power and debuffs it's not your job to dps or get in the tanks way .
    • Like x 1
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Well look at it this no matter why your in the hospital you know you don't have as many burns as the OP got.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lol. I'm out now and comfy at home.
    Poor OP. I kinda feel bad for him
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Rest well, then.

As for the OP, it's a little tough for me to feel bad for them. Between posting the video in the first place and the attitude shown by the OP in responses, to me it's a situation that the OP brought upon themselves.
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I mean people came out the gate lashing at him.
    I don't even think some of it was constructive criticism. it was straight up coming at the guy.
    Regardless he's got a reason to sound the way he does in his replies.
    Sad really. I don't think he was wrong at all him stating that live controlling didn't need a fix.
    It was fine and the revamp just further destroyed the role SMH.
    Only thing it needed was stronger debuffs including a stronger heal debuff.
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well no. I hate how trolling is on live. So there you go. There is currently little challenge in the role with the state of the game. All these people are up in arms about auto pot. Its hilarious. They are trying to let trolls act like controllers and control the fight and not just be a battery and they move in that direction then people complain oh no dont do that i love throwing pot every 20 seconds and double ticking. Its so skillful! Not. Bring on the changes because currently trolling for me is a snooze fest. Ill have fun doing more debuffs and CC. Anyone can throw recharge. Just look at the OP
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Except that in the revamp controllers were just secondary dps with terrible CC and Power output.
    I don't think controllers should just be batteries either. Trust me lol.
    Revamp don't help you guys much either.. y'all more or less are the same but a weaker version lol.
  13. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Love this idea lol
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for one line in the original post.

I had read through the thread and had some of the same "maybe they're being too harsh on the OP" thoughts, even with some of the replies from the OP. So I went back to watch the video, and just before I did I noticed this line in the post.

"Feel free to comment and hate."

That, to me, says the OP walked into the thread with the attitude on display in their responses. That kind of thing is going to lower my inclinations to be sympathetic. They set the table for everything else that happened afterwards and brought it upon themselves.
    • Like x 1
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

You should see this guy in trade chat
    • Like x 1
  16. Isif Committed Player

Well I appreciate that the OP tries to troll. Too many times have I been in instances where the troll does not even realize what PoT or instant power is, let alone understanding debuff or CC. OK, he brags a bit, so put him on ignore. At least he is a RELATIVELY competent troll and reopened this convo about the fate of the role. Just my 2 cents.

...the New Meta is a myth until they start doing something constructive with it. Trust me, I welcome a new designation that isn't "DPS-lite." Would personally like to see it left alone, instead of making it "more boring" for some.
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Ah I missed that detail.
  18. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I'll I saw in this video was the troll saying he was going to make this fun. At least he had a good time playing the game. Which is why we should be playing a game anyway.
    But please don't comment about being the best troll and pout out this video. Lots to be desired in the video and its all been stated above.
    No hate meant but if I'm ever tanking anything you are trolling, I would leave the group. Felt sorry for the tank the whole time.
    Again glad you all enjoyed the run. But if you are going to put a video out on his to control the battle. Make sure it includes you working as part of the overall team.
    Over geared for the board having fun goofing off trolling. Then you did a great job and had fun doing it . I back you 100 on that from the video.