make TIME-WARPED ESSENCES account bound tradeable

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by stärnbock, May 24, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

pretty much what is sayd in the title. monstrous essences was a huge turn off for me.
    now, i tryed to take the rest i had, for at least give some of my alts olympian generator mods.
    guess what? generator mods are (of course) not tradeable aswell -.-' thats a huge turn off.
    • Like x 11
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

3. stärnbock Devoted Player

or am i the only one thinking they should...? ppl? anyone? pls...?
  4. Molecular Occurance Active Player

That's actually a great idea.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess it is. thx ^^
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

anyways, would be nice if devs would change it to account bound. i see realy no reason why not.
    instead of making the game worse for no reason. any other oppinions? anything i miss or don't get?
    let me hear your thoughts, forum folks!
  7. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

The Essences should be tradable or at least account bound...

Having them locked to a single toon is very alt unfriendly
    • Like x 4
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This is not going to happen.

the Time warped essences are the only thing forcing you to grind out your R&D items. That's why they're neither account bound, nor tradable.

Can't have easy street for everything.
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

they increased the grind w/ the gear cost and the OP item cost and the reduction of marks in duos etc. The amount of work it takes to make cash to buy TC items off the broker has greatly increased the grind as well. anything past that is jus excessive. This game has a bad habit of overdoing things. Anything the devs ever decide is the way to go should automatically be reduced by 10% imop LOL
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

But making them account bound, you still have to grind to get them. Either on one single toon or multiple. I dont see the difference or the "easy street".
    Now...tradeable, thats another story.
    • Like x 2
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

account bound tradeable and we are fine, i guess ^^
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The difference is replay badges. You can only get so much gear a day/week on one character to salvage for the essence without resetting content, so the amount of essence you can get in a given amount of time is limited per character, unless you reset content. If essence becomes account bound, you can bypass resetting content by simply switching characters once you've got the max gear drops for the day.

That being said, I would still like to have account bound essence.
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

Problem is: though it may prolong the tedious grind that is way to much in my oppinion, it makes things worse for everyone hwo has alts and that is something devs may not think about because as they stated once, they have set the grind basicly for players focused to one character... Fair enough, however: i think, those who have only one character at endgame, would not get affected anyways, but having them not account bound tradeable simply ads a huge disatvantage for those with alts, so much that i would say it is not beneficial to the most important thing in the game, wich is for me the fun of playing the game in different roles and/or with different powers. Thats why i think it would be beneficial to all: players in general, the game for itself and even to some extend to the devs aswell, dont you think?
  14. Molecular Occurance Active Player

Dear God, it's not about being easy! It's about it being more practical and encouraging a more enjoyable experience. Not everything should be numbers and difficulty.
  15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

there is more content, allowing you to earn more essences than you could in AF3, and the increase in cost matches the increase in essences. It won't take you any longer to grind these than it did to grind AF3 Essences. If just seems like it will.
  16. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

there is almost nothing left in this game that requires a long grind, except for vendor gear. Vendor gear that you buy from earning coins or war bonds or whatever they're calling them this time around, by playing the same missions that get you the gear that you need to break down in order to collect the essences. By the time you've collected enough bonds to buy your gear, you should have enough to essences to make your mods. You guys know you can work towards two goals at once, right?

Even if the gear is slashed to half price for your alts, you should still be able to collect enough gear to break down to get all the essences you need.

So yes, it's exactly about easy street.
  17. Molecular Occurance Active Player

You managed to miss the point, fall off the bridge of understanding, and be thrusted into the sea of obliviousness. No exaggeration. To reiterate, the problem is the game is not Fun. It is boring. Do you think making a greater grind will fix that? It. Should. Be. Enjoyable. For the general publics understanding, it should be fun!
  18. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Essance should be account bound

The mods themselves should be account bound

The feat for crafting should be account bound as well.

I have been asking this for years -_- Reward players with multiple characters instead of punishing them.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I didn't miss the point of anything. Its not greater grind. It's the exact same grind you had to do last time. And it happens concurrently with the grind you all DO enjoy which is the grind for vendor gear.

You think it's boring. I get it. Welcome to the MMO grind. that doesn't change the fact that you want it made easier for you because you find it boring.

Easy street.

You don't even have to do anything more than run the normal content to get your gear from the vendor and you'll acquire all the essences you need.

How much easier do you want?

Also, your attempts at snarkiness aren't adding anything to your defense of asking for things to be made even easier than they already are, so maybe just stick to trying to come up with a cogent argument that actually defends your position successfully.
  20. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Most things on this game should be tradeable