So Between nature and celestial healing........

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SilentGhostAlpha, May 7, 2017.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

True.. see my LO. :)
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

So.. if you run nature healer (bug form)

- If you keep hive mind (Resto buff + power back --> not regeneration mechanic) up.
    - Pheromones give the small HoTs from nature (savage growth and metabolism). They tick 39 seconds with 1 tick/second. As long as you keep the pheromones up you can heal with harvest.
    - Harvest also activates another pheromones stack.
    - More pheromones = stronger heals from harvest.
    --> Don't spam Savage Growth and Metabolism
    - Blossom (not that long cast heal) uses the pheromones (like harvest) but after using blossom they're gone. So you need to re-stack phoermones.
    - You really can heal an entire group with harvest from like 10-20%.
    - For "oh-fk" moments you can do like Harvest clipped Blossom clipped Metabolisom (so you have 2 bigass bursts, 1 smaller burst + 1 new stack of pheromones from metabolism).
    - Don't just spam Harvest all the time.
    - Weapon attacks regenerate power
    - If you spec into Vit you will get more power from the powerback mechanic!! (Important since Restoration isn't really needed anymore).

My loadouts (when i last played)
    Savage Growth
    Metabolism
    Harvest
    Blossom (the fast heal not the cast)
    Have Mind
    Swarm Shield

Cross Poll also adds pheromones, but it's not needed.
    In Human Form you can use the healing supercharge incase you get knocked out and you can activate it before entering bug form for emergency healing.

EDIT: Roar isn't really good as healer

For Celestial it's not that complicated (if you go standard) and you only need 1 Combo.

-Renew (normal heal)
    -Admonish cBlight (that's the combo)
    --> 4 man burst, HoT (8ppl? don't know anymore..lol), buff
    -Consume Soul (Small burst + HoT for entire ally)
    -Blessing (shield)
    -Divine LIght (ohshit heal)
    -Supercharge (Consecrated Ground is the best imo)

• Like x 3
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

celestial all the way.. Was told from a friend.
  4. Nich New Player

Hey, thanks for this. I've read a lot of the nature healer guides but your post is the most informative in the quickest way possible! Do you have any suggestions for a new player with still low SP to manage the mana return?

I've got 116 SP at the moment and some players are complaining on later ends of tier 7 operations that I can't manage my mana enough which is true in some cases. I've only started learning to play healer (like a few days ago) and if the boss fights are taking too long and there is no (good) tank, the mana problem definitely comes up often as I can't keep the DPS alive when my mana drains.

Should I focus on putting vit in as much of my SP as possible?
    In bug form, do you try to hit with a 12x combo to get the best mana return (as I read on another guide) or how do you do it?
    Also how often should I be putting out harvest?

Right now I do Hive Mind, Swarm Shield, SG, (squeeze Metabolism if there's too many adds/or at boss), Harvest then try to hit a combo, then repeat. Someone even said to me that as a nature healer I shouldn't have to worry about mana return and I just stared at that comment like ... "okay cool but that's not really the case here". It's put me off playing a bit cause I'm guessing all these players are expecting us to have high SP's but that takes time and I want to practice playing healer more without being stuck in lower contents that provide no real 'test' in getting my healer right.

Thanks!
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

As long as you have roughly a similar amount of SP equal to your CR, you're fine. The only stats you want to worry about are your Healer crits, restoration, health and power. Are you running healer in bug form?
  6. Nich New Player

Thanks and yes I'm in bug form. I just reset my skills again and put more into power and the other ones you've mentioned and on test it seems to be working better than adding vit. :) I think I got confused when guides talk about getting mana back through weapon mastery but that bug form doesn't use those right? So I didn't bother adding points to those but please tell me if I'm wrong. Too much info everywhere and it gets confusing lol..
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Your on the test server? And no you don't need weapon mastery to get power back from weapon attacks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Nich New Player

Awesome and nope I was just testing in-game. :)
  9. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

They are the two best healer roles, but I give the nudge to Nature because of one move, HARVEST. It is the single greatest move in DC. If anyone tells you otherwise they are wrong. It acts as a control power. Locks up adds for seconds while it heals. It saves people's lives in more ways than one. Celestial is a far better DPS though.
    • Like x 1
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm going to miss Harvest after revamp.
    • Like x 1
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

I'm not :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

sorry for the late reply.. more of a ghost right now ;)
  13. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Harvest is awesome, I'm right there with you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

I'm a bit new to nature but having played both celestial and nature I would argue that nature takes the cake for best healing power if for no other reason then because of its power back.

I've been experimenting a lot with maximizing vitalization in my healer role, drinking vit soders and such before some of the more challenging raids and it's made all the difference. I currently sit at about 5k vit when sodered up which is enough to keep hive mind (activates power back in bug form) running at all times, savage growth and metabolism (HoT's) active and hitting harvest (stuns, 8-man burst heal, more HoT) every time I'm able to without losing much power. Basically assuming PoT is active, my supply drop gives all the extra power I need to maintain this nonstop.

Tilz, I have to disagree, assuming you have put points into vit, spamming harvest in raids is highly effective and not as power hungry as you might think. Now mind you, its only effective if you keep other HoT's up but within reason, so long as you watch your power bar and generally keep an eye on whats going on around you, the majority of the time spamming harvest works wonders.

Harvest uses just over 1.4k power per use, however with my loadout I'm making back an average of about 1000 + roughly 40 per person healed (8 including myself on raids). This means minimal power cost of roughly 80 per cast which is almost always covered by PoT. Depending on the troll, I've seen my power bar replenish while I'm spamming Harvest.

The only issue with nature's pheremone-based HoT's is that if someone gets knocked out, the pheremones are not active on them when they get back up so you do need to run blossom for that quick pick-up and then follow it up with a re-application of your HoT's.

Having personally tried all of the healing powers and after running double healer runs of ttbe and gome I've found that this loadout/skill spec just blows all the other ones away, usually running at least double their healing out (and often double the power out of the troll as well). My personal opinion is that nature is by far the best healing power if used properly, simply because it has solid group heals with a decent range and its AM allows for nonstop healing with little concern for a lack of power.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You don't need to spec into vit.
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Live:
    Power regeneration from weapon attacks - Vit
    Power return from hive mind - Vit
    Weapon Mastery - Saves power cost in the first place, not possible in bug form

Test(Revamp):
    Power regeneration from weapon attacks - Power
    Power return from hive mind - Non-existent
    Weapon Mastery - no use as support, bonus removed
    • Like x 1
  17. xD25x Dedicated Player

They never learn
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I bet you'll love nature even more. Harvest made nature THE easiest healer to use in pve, and with its power return, overtook pvp two year's ago. It has made every other healing power obsolete in pvp because most controller's in pvp don't actually know how to manage power and give power. I think adding the skill back in will make things fun again.
    • Like x 1
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

As I too also just recently learned but I never spec into Vit before anyway.
  20. Nich New Player

So what does Hive Mind do during the test? Just boost the bug attacks? Sorry for the q, I would try the test server, but I don't have a reliable pc for gaming. :(