Munitions Controller ?s

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Please Stop Me, May 21, 2017.

1. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

So I recently hit 191 CR and I took the advice of the community and respec'd my SP into might/crits and I have been doing phenomenal on the DPS side of things. I finally broke down and bought a second base and armory. I made my "troll" loadout and I have got enough gear to raise me to 190 CR on it. I have respec'd the SP into dominance, vitalization, and power. I just had these few questions. And yes, I have done a bit of research on it but I would still like to hear opinions on these questions:

1. What is the best LO for munitions? I didn't see a ton of options that really generate power. What I have now contains all of the POT moves and any immediate restores (Like reload I think it is? Not sure of the names). Still that was only 3 powers or so, and when picking the rest I just looked for debuffs that reduced defense and things like that. I have not yet tried trolling but if the opportunity presents itself I would like to make sure that I am ready. If possible a rotation to use would be good to help me know that I am not terrible at it.

2. What should I put SP into as a priority? I assumed dom/vit since they are the major differences when picking "Controller" gear. However, I notice that with any role they are the difference. If those two are the main objectives what are some other things I should go for?

3. This is going to sound really really dumb. But what exactly is my goal as a controller? I get how every other role works, and I know that trolls are supposed to generate power. I can easily see how quantum works on this aspect because they can essentially "Freeze" enemies in place and bust the SC that gives the shield that restores power. However, with munitions is my goal just to debuff enemies and hope that I am generating power?

As usual any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Also, I saw that there are the two build spots within the generator. I understand that these are just for moving the location on the dpad for these things, but I am curious about the generator mods. Is there someway to have different generator mods for the different builds as well?
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

1. Loadout:
    Laser Net Launcher - PoT
    Reload - Dump
    Smoke Grenade Launcher - Defence Debuff/Stun
    Flak Cannon - Damage Debuff/Stun
    Survival - Shield/Detaunt
    Active Protection System - Group Shield SC or Biggun - It still works as a Troll on weaker minions if you don't need the Group Shield

2. Get your Weapon Mastery first. From there, then work on your Crits and then Vitalization. Other stats to keep in mind if you can't get Vit and/or need to spend more to unlock the bottom tier are Power and Dominance.

3. Your main job is to be the battery. You give power to the whole group so they can then do their roles properly. You then have other perks you can use to keep you occupied and to help out more such as with debuffing enemies and even stunning them. A lot of groups will also want their trolls to do the picking up and interacting with switches and stuff.

4. No. What you have in your generator mod slots affects all of your armouries and builds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Well this is all good news. I am very sure that I have 5 out of 6 of those powers already on my current LO and I may even have all 6. I also invested in the exact things you mentioned except for the crits (Like crit damage right and not crit health?). As far as my duties on the role should I be doing more weapon attacks and somewhat conserving power? As a munitions dps I never run out of power and I never use an attack that isn't a power unless it is something so weak I don't need a power. And yea, I figured the generator was stuck but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything as I have pretty much been throwing those mods away.

Kudos to you for the info sir!
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

You'll want to get the Power Crits.

You'll want to keep on using your WM and preferably the Brawling -> MA WM. This returns a nice amount of power back due to the combo counter and is fast. Keep on spamming it and clipping the end with one of your powers if needed to get the WM bonus. You'll want to keep an eye on your own power and manage it properly. If it gets low, you can pop a Soder Cola or a Supply Drop and replenish. Most of the time you'll be just spamming WM into your Dump which is Reload.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

Great loudout. You can alternately replace survival with the multi-net launcher. It ties up five adds. This can be very useful, it also debuffs heals, which is good on bosses that self heal like Aquaman in the seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  7. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Nice. As a default I went with the rifle for a weapon just because I know that before I figured out the AM and started running DPS I would literally laser net people, let my tank friend beat on them, and I would stay back dropping mortars on them repeatedly. Whenever a big boss would be coming at me I would just flip backwards (Triangle and back on the joystick) over and over. Depending on the size of the area we are fighting in I have literally killed bosses entirely by evading them. This was of course when I was a noob and fighting weak bosses. I noticed that in a lot of the raids I have ran that the trolls/healers stay back so I figured it would come in handy for restoring power/health (Haven't decided on which tactical mod to socket, right now I use replenishing adapter because I literally only use my weapon when I am out of power/waiting on a soda to recharge).
    • Like x 1