Devs, Hard Light vs Rage.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LighTning Emperor, May 20, 2017.

1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

My topic for this forum is basically Hard Light compared to Rage. Now I bring this up because I see that as a rage user myself, Hard Light is better in every way other than heals. But even hard light has a good healing ability that could work well with restoration mods or a shield mod that also heals back health. Hard Light has stuns, panics, damage reflect, healing and WAY better supercharges than rage. Rage only has 2 stuns, no panics, very good healing, terrible I mean terrible superchage abilities. Rage has mangle which is lacerate 2.0, vidictive which is meh at best since compared to fires Health superchage it's nothing. Then there is infuriate which only gives a crit bonus with a bit of healing to the player and group members. Lol really? That's it?

Then there is berserk which was actually a very good and useful superchage until the constant nerfs. But my point is Hard Light has better everything but healing, literally! Their superchages have helicopters, air strikes, Group shielding AND a better healing superchage than even rage's. I'm kind of disappointed with this, no actually I'm very disappointed in this.

Why doesn't rage have a move like chompers, whiplash, ram Etc? Yet Atrocious in legends can panic you with his plasma retch...that's not fair. Why give only him a panic PI with his PR? Grasping hand into fan is huge damage. Literally rage only has 3 good damage powers while hardlight can use any power from the tray and do very good damage. Let's not talk about hand clap!

Why cant rage have a shield like light barrier that can break CC and reflect decent damage? Even If you have to just make it a cool down attached to relentless anger or SP so we can't use both at the same time and be broken. Kind of how you can use Relentless Anger or Severe Punishment one at a time since activating one causes the other to go into cooldown aswell.

But PLEASE give Rage some DPS Superchages! Please take out Mangle and infuriate! Hard Light is better because it's so versatile. Rage is not, and only has one tray that applies any good damage at all. Outrage, Eviscerating Chain are absolutely in every loadout because that's all we've got!

Lacerate is a pointless power aswell. I don't understand why rage is so inferior compared to hardlight in every way possible other than the self healing. And what is funny to me is that rage is supposed to be the melee power between the two right? So why is Hard Light doing a better job at being a melee power? If I engage with a hard light user they can use chompers which almost stuns you every single time. Then they use claw to fan or fan to claw and take more then half Health or completely one shot me. Rage has no stuns to prepare a combo start yet ours are the easiest to block. Hard Light can go from melee to range instantly and Block break you then go back to killing you with a claw lunge combo Etc.

I'm not raging. I just want to get my points across with what's wrong with this picture.
  2. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

I'm not a dev, but they are literally two different powers. Even in the comics, the rings act differently. Yellow is the only one that acts the same as green. And the game replicates that. Hard light is a controller power, hence the different types of interactions that it has. Most tank power sets don't have the same CC interactions as controller power sets do. Hope this helps.
  3. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Not really since all power rings can create light constructs. Sure they are different but you're making it seem as though they really are different powers and their not. One is more aggressive and takes the users sanity with it. While the others have more control over themselves and can create things easier because of thier ability to think on anything. That's the only difference...well an the plasma that red lanterns can puke out.
  4. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

Well, not all rings can or do make constructs. And you're literally comparing a tank power set to a controller power set. Yes they're both power rings. But you're comparing apples to oranges. They're both round and fruit. But they literally are different powers. Look at Black rings. They reanimate the dead. And they don't make constructs. They plow through constructs. It is literally a different power set.
  5. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Again all ring powers have made constructs in the DC universe. I don't know where you got your information from but they all do have the ability to use them. Game mechanic wise they are different that doesn't change anything. All tank powers have cc breakouts. Rage makes constructs in the game as well. Tanks can have allot of cc as well. I mean look at Atomic. It has alot of stuns and Good superchages regardless of it's position as a tank. Even healer powers have good stuns. But you are missing the point. My point is that rage is missing or lacking things that it should be able to do. If you read the comics you would know this. Rage is a very aggressive powerset sure, but yet it lacks DPS Superchages or powers that have versatility. The only useful powers in this game for rage users is berserk revenge, out rage, Eviscerating Chain and dreadful blast. While hardlight can use any power and it hits really hard. Yet they have better shields than rage also. And rage is the tank power so explain that? Why does hardlight get a shield like ice but rage gets a weak watered down version of hardlight shield In the iconic section. You are moving around the point I'm trying to make.
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

There are some improvements heading your way with rage in the stats-revamp:

We've Gotten a New Ranged DPS combo so we aren't limited to just Dreadful blast spamming.

Berserk is a good Supercharge, and it once again has it's 12 second duration.

Plasma Retch is now mobile and is no longer interruptable.

Outrage has gotten a combo extension.

Unfortunately there are quite the negatives with Rage in the Revamp:

Powers like Outrage have gotten an increased cooldown, If I remember correctly it went up from 2.5 to a full 3 second cooldown.

Jump Canceling Plasma Retch is no longer a thing.

We still have the weird Aforementioned powers like Channel Hate and Lacerate, and on top of that; they changed Relentless Anger Completely from it's live counterpart.

Rage Healing is still there; but it's been significantly reduced. We now have to use Severe Punishment to get some form of decent healing as a DPS, It's okay but it's nowhere like it's live counterpart. Since One Shots and Damage isn't as high, you have more time to react to your health.

Not sure if the Negative stuff in the list will change as the stats-revamp is still an ongoing thing, but I'd figure I'd let a fellow Rage player know.
  7. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Thank you for the reply. That is very good news and I hope it works out. I do hope we at least get more burst DPS Superchages though. I feel kind of left out compared to other powers that can use theirs.

Also I heard Our 35% finisher Eviscerating Chain is getting fixed to actually work like a 35% finisher, is that true?
  8. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

I got my information
    Where I got my information on rings comes from the 75 year anniversary of DC comics encyclopedia that I have. The things enormous, and it states not all rings make constructs. I trust this source. My point on the power set is that they are trying to make every power different from the other. Earth, fire, ice, atomic and rage are all tanks. Yet they all have differences in how they work.
  9. Saybro Committed Player

Rankorr could create light constructs. He was the only one until he was cut and Dexstar lapped up hIs (rankorr's) blood and gained the ability to do so as well. I'm only talking red lanterns.
  10. CajunKhan Well-Known Player

Rage has always been a much more of a brawler power in comics than Will is. Rage eventually gained some limited construct ability, but fundamentally they are about ripping into your enemy like Wolverine or the Hulk.
  11. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

My point is that the superchages are complete garbage aside from berserk. And rage's limited (good) powers is a very small selection. Did you read my post properly? All I want is Some more versatility and better DPS Superchages. That's it! I want it to stay aggressive, but they could do a way better job with the powers.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Yes. Though I really think that the channeled power should be the finisher.