How to spec SP for a troll (50sp)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AKXC, May 16, 2017.

1. AKXC Well-Known Player

So I have a new toon, and finally got to a decent place where I can gather 2 sets of gear from dupe drops. I was wondering how should I spec the SP that I have so few of?

I know WM is/was good for trolls, costing less power to recharge/stun/POT, but should I spend my first SP going all for 2 weapons and master them? Or go for all the vit procs in the weapon trees and get WM when I have more points to spend?

WM wasnt around when I started and now that Im on PC (old toon was PS4) I cant use the same toons so I have no clue on how to spec this minuscule amount of SP.
  2. Surtur Well-Known Player

Max your power crits first within every weapon tree. Also, right now with CR scaling your SP are almost meaningless outside of your crits anyway as far as Vit goes. Not really enough vit to make that much of a difference. You can do a lot better with Vit bonuses using trinkets, cola buffs & mods.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

For light I spec power crits in each tree first > make sure Im just barely over DOM requirement for current tier (usually gear takes care of that) > Spec into my WM for weapon of choice > damage crits > Precision

Depending on how many SP you have you may want to change it up. If you have low under 80 or so SP
    Go WM first > Power crits
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

CR differential scaling has literally no impact on Vitalization and doesn't interact with Power healing at all. SP innates are pretty small but that has nothing to do with CR differential.
    • Like x 1
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

Considering the majority of the vit & dom stats are withing the gear. Yes, CR affects his power out.
    CR scaling touches every stats within the game in one way or another. This guy could run end game as a controller with 50 SP because of scaling if he wanted to. As his CR scales up his vit & dom scales up. Which in turn power out scales up.

I didn't say anything about the modifiers that are being used withing CR differential.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

That's the funny part because with stast revamp ppl scream left and right CR doesnt matter anymore only the stats will do but most of ur stats are coming form ur gear and the higher the CR of ur gear the more stats u will have with the exceptions of OP items .)
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Fair enough, if you want to put it that way then sure, all stats scale with CR. The way you said it sounded a lot like CR differential scaling though so I had to clear that up since this is a misconception that is actually spread a lot. SP still make a significant difference though as I have shown in the case of damage here.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I would get the brawling weapon master first into shuriken storm. Then get the power crits in each tree. If extra, then go for the trees that have the 6x vit. For extra vit, league buffs help, an omega, and vit soder can help compensate for lack of sp in vit.

I can max pot and ppl still go dry on power especially sorc heals and dps with no am. You can only pump out so much power even at max.
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Step 1, Get more Skill Points
    Step 2, See Step One
    Step 3, Amazing Troll.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You do know the CR thing only has effects on dps, right?
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't worry about WM. That will come later. Spec into the power Crites first. I believe you need 74ish SP to max them. After that, start trying to find the weapon you enjoy using and find a WM that works for you. Most people go brawl in ninja stars because it gives the best power back. It's totally up to you though.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

On a low SP and low CR toon you go WM first? I would just use pulse beam until I got high enough. That's just me.
  13. AKXC Well-Known Player

Yeah I got to blackest night yesterday and had to solo troll nekron with a sorc healer, nature healer and rage tank. I used so many sodas and bummed all the supply drops
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Again, it depends on what you consider low sp.
    With the way AMs are, you really don't have to push out much power.

To each his own, but yeah under 70....I'm going WM first to reduce the cost of my powers
    • Like x 1
  15. HubrisOfChaos New Player

From what I've seen with only 50 SP you wont do much as a controller. You need at least 100 to really be of any effect to your groups in alerts and raids. And that is before this upcoming revamp. But, each skill tree requires 24 sp to be fully unlocked that is including the 3 points in the bottom row. Instead of going for all the crits first off, for controller or any class for that matter you need your roles stat, for controller its Vitalization. So look through the skill tree and start with the weapons that give your the 6 points into vit and grab the power heal crits and work only one weapon tree at a time until your skill points are high enough to really spec for your class. But as i said before don't worry about being a controller until you have a lot more skill points to spend. Instead spec per your power. some are precision based others are might based damage. If you want more advice on how to spec there are plenty of "Good" ways in the forums but you can contact me and ill help you out.
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

OMG someone actually posted the partial correct answer to this thread lol Kudos to the only person that's on the right track for how the controller role works.

EDIT: One of two people.
  17. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

With only 50 SP I would not worry about weapon mastery. I would spec Vit, cries and dom. Get that in all the trees you can. I wouldn't spec WM personally unless you got like 125 SP or more. But that's just my two cents.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

Except with 50 SP you can't achieve that.
  19. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Thank you. I posted before seeing it said 50sp. Prolly would've re-evaluated it tho.
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Actually you can. All you need in the current gen is Weapon Mastery and mods. I've trolled elite raids and SM since back in T5 with 44sp just for fun when I used to upload PvE to youtube on my old channel. The crits etc. help out and make you notice more of a difference, but the power cost reduction and increased regen are what allows you to have consistency in your power dumps to provide a steady stream of power instead of having ups and downs because with HB or any other weapon, your regen is going to be lower. There's no point in having extra points in crits if you can't sustain the power dumps where the majority of your power out actually lies in. Going for the weapon mastery first was the important part that I was looking for through the responses.
    • Like x 1