Titles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by light FX, May 9, 2017.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

It would be
    [IMG]
    nice to see
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Still want:

The Goddess
    The God
    • Like x 2
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

uh, fun being its own reward?
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Because creating enhanced version of emblems hidden behind RNG is fun? Alright.

And just to add a bit more context to what I was saying, the developers introduced the pointless feat system into the game by saying that the whole community doesn't do things such as go for elite gear. They didn't want to "punish" players for not wanting to get elite gear or doing extra things such as crafting enhanced emblems. Why do I find that annoying? Because feats are meant to reward players for doing certain accomplishments or actions, even if those actions aren't being done by the whole community. If a player is unable to do a feat or doesn't want to do a feat, then they don't get a feat. It shouldn't mean that some feats should have 0 points because some players won't go for them. Last I checked, there's plenty of feats that people don't go for, all across the game. It was a ridiculous idea.
    • Like x 1
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Clown Prince would be a good one for the joker imo. Here is a few more i thought of.

The Surgeon
    The Assassin
    Of The League Of Shadows or just League Of Shadows
    Of Mars or Martian for the manhunter fans out there
    The Innovator
    The Genius
    The Diabolical
    Of the Speed Force
    The Omnipotent
    The Test Subject

The Noob
    And "The Keyboard Warrior" :p
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

THAT kind of depends on just exactly what all we need to do and who we need to kill to get this feat. I'll go back and use the feat in Gotham Under Siege where you assist Batman while he is being attacked by Amazons. You have to roam all over the map looking for the place he's spawned in this time so it can take quite a while. As I mentioned there are no marks or armor drops associated with the feat so you engage 4 or 5 (Been a while so I forget the exact number) Amazon warriors and have to defeat them.... that's an over all total of close to or even more than 70 defeats. Then after you save Batman you don't even get a quick thanks (okay I don't REALLY expect them to hire Kevin Conrad just to say "Thanks for the assist" that would be dumb lol) And then after completely ignoring you he fires off his grappling hook and just leaves. .. What a butt head no wonder Nightwing quit teaming up with him LOL

People play games to get some sort of satisfaction and in MOST cases some sort of reward for what they do. Now to some another title they can stick over their head may be enough.. For others the idea of using time where they could be earning marks, coins, armor or whatever to complete some task that gives the a title they may or may not even care about is anything but fun.

In my own case.. hey if its some thing I earn while I am out there working on a mission that does award other things.. Fine But really? I already have god titles I like above my alts heads so running around working o getting one that's just going to sit in my inventory of titles and never see the light of day.... I'll more than likely skip.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Special Snowflake
    Academically Ineligible
    All of the Solomon Grundy stuff - Born on Monday, etc., etc., Buried on Sunday
    Recent Victim
    Pillar of the Community
    Bad Penny
    Dead As A Doornail
  8. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

Yeah. I personally like " I'm ( insert hero/ villain name), and you're not"
  9. Cacca Well-Known Player

I read this post as Titti es... What a let down
    • Like x 3
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

"It's Hammer Time" The two handed weapon players using a sledge would love it.. might have legal issues with MC Hammer unless the set him up with life time membership free??

"I'm with Stupid --->" hey they sell t shirts with that on them so why not It would be a gag title and I'd bet some would enjoy wearing it

Trying to think of a good one involving Superman but aside for the Justice league team ups the big guy pretty much works solo.

"Sons and Daughters of Krypton" Yes? No? Maybe?

Another possibility for the AF3 content.. "Champion of the Gods" works for Heroes or Villains .. never says WHICH god you are a champion to... could be Ares or Hades or Circe

Back with more later.. If I think of any
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

This what what i feel that DCUO went wrong with feats rather than doing the feats for the enjoyment and reward being extra, they are only looked at for the reward
    [IMG]
    Kill this bad boy, gave you an achievement, alot of players did it solo (i did as well) However they even listed in the achievement for it , he dropped No loot nor a title but players just enjoyed going for the achievement as it was innately fun. Seems like doing things for fun here is a long forgotten concept..Everything needs something shiny at the end or it isnt worth doing
    • Like x 1
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

I do find hunting down feats fun though. It's the main reason I play the game. I've done every single feat that doesn't give points, not because I wanted the title, but because it gave me something else to aim for. My point is though that the feat system in unbalanced. Those feats aren't different to any of the other feats that do give feat points, but for some reason they don't. It just shouldn't be like that.
  13. the solowing Unwavering Player

and there are some 3 star feats that are simple, and their are 1 star feats thats are difficult, and that just so why not have the system reworked?
    • Like x 1
  14. E Clip Dedicated Player

What could be cool is to have special titles with a cool effect/aura something like this for instance that would require clearing the hardest raid of the most current DLC, lets say 50 times, but the effect will go away when the next DLC goes up. That way not everyone will be walking around with shiny titles, but in order to have it you have to stay on top of your clears with every DLC.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

The Angry
    The Hungry
    The Frightening
    The Willful
    The Hopeful
    The Compassionate
    The Loving
    of the Dead
    of the Living
    • Like x 1
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

The Disconnected
    The Offline
    The Laggy

Because that's how it is with the game these days.
    • Like x 1
  17. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

The Salty
    The Altoholic
    The Curmudgeon
    The N00B
    • Like x 1
  18. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Here is some I really Like:
    ...The Reaper
    Soul Eater...
    Soul Reaper...
    ...The Shinigami
    ...The Monster
    ...The Devil
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

i would like to see :

Feat Fetishist
    Member of JusticeLeague
    The Original
    One and Only
    Replay Warrior
    Veteran
    Hodor Hodor
    Hack Survivor
    GU36 Survivor
    GU47 Survivor
    GU7? Survivor ( The GU which comes with stats revamp)
    the Clipper

and more
  20. AccOp Well-Known Player

Would like to see titles based on "The Elite" and "The Competent" :p