Lights out, I'm done for now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, May 6, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am sure you completed all feats now and have nothing to do anymore anyways,
    so you just quit until something new comes out... am i right or what ^^
    anyways, you speak out what i feel is true! so i hope to see ya again soon
    (maybe at least on the test server? i bet you will play the test server anyways)
  2. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

comprehension is not just a fancy word.
    • Like x 2
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I logged in just to say I busted out laughing reading this comment and how true it is lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Oh please, dont take that as I personally have trouble tanking. I was speaking generally (Fire tanks have been excluded in the past for SM, and the harder elite raids when they launched.) I could be the best fire tank in the world, but people wouldnt even give me a shot in most cases.

Reguardless, the role needs to be more fun, and less room for criticism. On the hardest content, a good tank is required. ...and almost everyone in DCUO has an opinion on what that should be. We are always the first blamed. If they make it easier, more combat driven, it could definitely make it more fun, and hopefully encourage more tanks to want to tank.
  5. Malachee Committed Player

I feel like after reading this...maybe we should ALL quit. :cool:

*raises his class* Cheers to you, sir!
    • Like x 3
  6. Shelly Active Player

Crim u taking a break? Why?
  7. Riggs Well-Known Player

It's the other way around.

The casuals are the ones that throw money at games. They don't have the time the "vets" do so they throw money at their game of choice to try and catch up or get ahead.

Vets coast by on lifetime subs, monthly subs and barely paying anything.

Developers love casuals, that's why so many cater to them.
    • Like x 1
  8. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Fwiw.
    I left very shortly after the first TC dropped, when the writing on the wall couldn't be any brighter.
    And to tell you the truth, I've never once regret deleting it from my console.
    Every now and then I pop on the forums in the vain hope that changes will be made to go back to before 'jackster' ruined it with the relentless cash grabs but, it is what it is, money speaks louder and the game will never go back to what it was, in other words, it will never have integrity again, its just a money pit now.

If the leadership remains, it will only get worse over time.
    I guess what I'm saying is, you've made the right decision imo, It's freeing once you realize the game will never be the same and it's time for greener pastures.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

well if you decide to hop over to my side of the fence let me know lol
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

Not always. I know some veterans that put in A LOT of money into this game. I'm talking 1000+ Stabilisers every TC.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't go blaming casuals for money-throwing, there are plenty of 'vets' who have thrown around just as much real cash on the old Booster Bundles and the crappier TC's, and some vets are also casual ('casual' is a playstyle, as in they are not rushing to the 'End Zone', they are casually plodding along, hence the term 'casual' as opposed to 'hardcore')
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i agree with OP.

I am taking a long break myself, until this mess of a game gets sorted out.

i'll make my return when this game decides to change directions in it's business model.

There are far more ways to make money out there rather than penny pinching paying members with this pay to win crap and broken systems.

ESO is looking mighty fine these days
    • Like x 2
  13. Riggs Well-Known Player

I hate to nit pick but.....

Casual players are named such because they have less play time and only play games on occasion or "casually".

Also, it's not me saying they throw money around, it's the industry. There is a reason games aim at the casual majority because they spend a fortune.

"Hardcore" gaming has been niche for so long now the last MMO's aimed at that audience are now on the verge of shutting down.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sorry but I have to say this, you're off base here.

All of the people I known to blow huge amounts of cash in this game were vets. I probably easily spent a few thousand over the years with little to no appreciation shown and almost nothing to show for it. It's the vets you want to keep around because they're the ones that were "stupid" enough to continue dumping money into the game for years because they're committed and loyal, while the casuals simply drop in and out.

Not saying there isn't whales in the casual community, but there certainly is quite a few on the veteran side, so I'm not sure where you're getting all of this from. MMOs want to keep both types of players around. Not just casuals.
    • Like x 6
  15. Riggs Well-Known Player

I don't care what you know, i'm saying what the entire gaming industry does.

Casuals are where the money is at.

You know a few vets that blow money on DCUO, publishers/devs knows millions of casual players that make it a billion dollar industry.

You might want to speak to devs about that last part. From devs i've known they would rather have casual players because it's easier for them. Your "vets" or "hardcore" types are content locusts. They blow through content and demand more creating a drain on resources, casual players don't.

Again, before you tell me i'm off base, that isn't coming from me that is coming from people that work in the industry.
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

And how does one blow through content in this game? With replay badges.
    • Like x 2
  17. Riggs Well-Known Player

You kinda answered your own question.

If you need to use a replay badge, you've already blown through it.....

I will elaborate though, just for you. Your more "dedicated", "hardcore" or "vet" players will blow through an expansion within a few days. Anything new added, they will clear it and be asking for more.

It takes weeks for the more "casual" kinda player to clear that same content giving devs more time to add more.

Some games release regular raid tiers to keep people going, some have a ton of grind that most "casual" players will take a hell of a long time to get through.

When you throw out all your content in one lump block you need a lot of it to keep the content locusts fed or they need more.

DCUO relies on replays which is revisiting already cleared content repeatedly. Some people are happy with that, some not so much.

Either way, more dedicated players need more content on a regular basis, far more than people that play less.
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

That is true, yes. Those that burn through content faster, will want more content to continue burning through. The original topic of this discussion was how only casuals are the ones spending money. I'm not talking about the want for more content or not. All I'm saying is that the more hardcore players will burn through content and therefore spend a lot of replay badges. Casuals on the other hand are taking their time with content as you said, and are therefore not spending as much. It doesn't really matter, as all types of players can spend money in this game in their own way and for their own reasons, but saying that just casuals are where the money is at is simply wrong.
    • Like x 1
  19. Riggs Well-Known Player

They do spend more, again that isn't coming from me that is coming from the entire gaming industry.

Casual players don't play as often as dedicated players so tend to pay more to catch up.

Take TC's.

A lot of casual players will throw money at them purely for the feats for SP to catch up. Same goes for the CR jump. Much like they throw money at microtransactions which is how mobile, facebook and the influx of such games on Steam are raking in the money.

Casuals spend like there is no tomorrow because they can't grind like dedicated players can.

Again, for the last time, that isn't me saying it it's the people that make games. That's why games cater to casuals, to bring in their money. It's why a lot of games move away from the more hardcore aspect because there is less money in it.
  20. Kharhaz Committed Player

I also post on our league forum, does that make it stronger? or maybe, just maybe, still have friends here whose opinion I value?

Not so much ironic, keeping tabs would be the words I would choose, I put over 6,800 hours into this game, made many friends while playing. The game I can do the same as the devs, I can dismiss, my friends, not so much.