PS4 Control on Test Server

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by RNGesus, May 3, 2017.

1. RNGesus New Player

Every time I use my PS4 controller on DCUO Live Servers my control works fine but once I try to use it on the test server it bugs out. My control opens the chat box when I click x, doesn't let me us any powers, I can't look around with the left analog stick and if i block ill get stuck blocking. I wen't to settings and enabled the joystick setting but I still have these problems. Another thing is that on test the touch pad on the PS4 Control lets me move my camera angle. Don't know if its just me having these problems.

Its not the PS4 controller because i have three and they all have the same issue.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanks for the report. Has anyone else been using the PS4 controller or other kinds of controllers on PC Test?
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I had issues with the ps4 controller too but not necessarily what you're mentioning, for me it would cause lag after about 20 minutes and became unplayable unless I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I bought a cheap wired Xbox controller and it's like night and day, no issues at all. You may have to invest in one of those.
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

I've used my PS4 controller on Test server for pretty much forever without problems. I know it was working up to 1.5 without issues. I'll jump on Test in few mins and see if it's still working fine with 1.6. I'll edit my post with my findings in few mins.

EDIT: Just quickly loaded up Test with my PS4 controller. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine for me.
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You may want to check and compare your settings for the PS4 controller on each server.
    One may not be on the default settings.
    Load your Character
    Go to Options
    Settings
    Check the Tab Schemes
    Is it default?
  6. RNGesus New Player

Yes it's on default settings
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Sorry to hear that; it sounded like it was running on the racer scheme.
    I'm not sure what else to suggest; outside of comparing each tab to see any variances.
  8. RNGesus New Player

Think I might have too, not so great with keyboard and mouse and I'm currently testing celestial.
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

I noticed with the Fire revamp that placing items in my base became a slow, tedious process. I could access spots on the floor to place items but once the item appeared and was green I had to press several times on the button to place the item. (XBox controller). It didn't seem like lag so much as a lack of responsiveness (like packets were being dropped but just from that activity).
  10. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

I use the program: DS4Windows. Allows me to use PS4 controller on my PC and PC test account (Windows 10 Gaming Laptop).

No issues so far.
  11. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Mine does the same thing..LoL

I need to get a Xbox controller... Apparently it works better
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I use "inputmapper" and my ps4 controller works fine, no lag after 20 min or anything like that.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I use the Ds4 windows tool. I don't have any issues when using the ps4 controller
  14. RNGesus New Player

**UPDATE FIXED THE ISSUE**

Downloaded DS4Windows and I was connecting my controls with Bluetooth but that is what was giving me the issue so once I connected it with the PS4 controller cable it was working fine!