Some potentially noobile questions about Celestial.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Balton hero, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Balton hero Committed Player

So I'm still trying to figure out the dps loadout I want to use. Since I changed from Nature a week or two ago, been using RcW to Buffs to, depending on the situation, RcW or WotPcCS and think I'm ok with the damage I'm doing, but would like to have something more-ranged based replace WotPcCS. Didn't find it, looking at the guide, but did find some things I have questions about I hope someone can answer:

The guide is seemingly telling me that the damage for RcW is very close to the damage for BcDM(in fact, BcDM is more, especially if you explode your target). Is this right, or am I misunderstanding what Base dmg is? If that's true, am I thinking correctly in that if I use BcDM instead of RcW, I'm getting the same general dmg in addition to a shield?

The other (followup) question I have is: if I do go with BcDM instead of RcW, does the 80% damage bonus after a multi-input combo replace the 60% bonus from the max damage mod or is it in addition to it? Reason I ask is: if I replaced RcW with BcDM, then replaced Max Damage with Regenerative Shielding to get some healing out of Blessing, would I be seeing a large decrease in damage as a result?
  2. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

If your looking to make Wrath hit harder youtube has a triple buff version. Basicly take the lower right buff power from each tree+ benediction. Clip them all together (no multis) then do RcW to get ur combo damage going then spam ur wrath combo. I hated it, seemed very power wasteful and just crap performance wise and the buffs hardly last.

If you want range u need to stick with middle tree down to plague combo. Retribution, smite, Benediction, plague, the other jump combo.. Thats mostly all range and a pretty good close range move. I use all curse side. Blessing side combo 'can' do way more damage tho. You get to use more than 1 move , your good at range or close. During tough fights you should try to just combo between two moves. Plague + Retribution/whither or Admonish/whatever.

That LO is super weak most of the time, slow to damage things.

The left side of trees is for healer/battle healer. After revamp they will no longer give shields or healing while in DPS. Its fun to use that side as dps but you will be weak as hell

My celestial isnt end game so i dont need the best LO. Curse only built around plague is the one I enjoy most and I do well enough. You can take 1 power from left or right tree with plague. I like the WcR(Whither) combo cuz it stuns and has damage aura. But that makes me dependant on SC for healing. Life drain is best for heals. Totem is for offense. But you could take the priority heal combo from left side.

As far as combo damage and max damage mod I have no idea... I want to say no but combo damage does override PI's like w/ munitions. But then again buff powers will improve damage for combos like Rage-bloodlust+Others or even Celest-Benediction/Malediction.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

It's important to put the base damage in context of the cast duration and clip time. Two abilities can have the same base damage, but one may play out more quickly and be clipped earlier, giving it much better damage potential. In your example, RcW is clearly the stronger combo.

There's not really a ranged version of WotPcCS, but PcDL is potent at range and has an AoE damage field. RcW and ScH are a good ranged pair.

Hope this helps!
    • Like x 2
  4. Hatmaster New Player

In my parsers I've found WotPcCS & RcW to have the same DPS, meaning one is just a midrange version of the other.

Same cast time, same total damage (dealt in a slightly different way), same DPS.

My assumption was that Wrath had a head mod and retribution didn't making wrath more favorable, but i never looked into it, so i don't really know why people favor it if not for bandwagon reasons.
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Depends on the situation, honestly. WotPcCS is definitely superior for groups in melee range. RcW is best for ranged groups or even single target melee.
    • Like x 1
  6. Balton hero Committed Player

It did. Thank you(for this and the guide).
    • Like x 1