9 Out Of Every 10 TC Opened Is Either Tactical Mods Or Crafting Supplies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is why Time Capsules are the biggest ripoff DGB has ever come up with and how this weekend is exposing this joke. I've opened 12 Time Capsules this weekend with the exception of the 1 time I got hand style I didn't need, this is all I get out of these things. And the worst part of it is that I have yet to get a tactical mod that is for Earth. Like I said, they taken the fun out of this game with this garbage. At least make the TC's equitable.
    • Like x 11
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

wait doesn't equitable mean fair and cheap and if so aren't u asking for to much ? :p
  3. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Too much crap in them like lockboxes have. Get rid of the junk already!
    • Like x 6
  4. Caroline Dedicated Player

It's a shame losing so many players just because of Time Capsules, yet they claim the game's been more than alive these past months.

Stop lying to us and to yourselves.
    • Like x 10
  5. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Before I would spend like $5 here and there on them but didn't like the return. Lately I've only been opening the TC's that get full stabilizers for. From running the daily. And the extras from this weekend's bonus stabilizers. What have I gotten so far...? Those that stood out and I liked.
    • Leg mod for my sorcery alt. (A surprise, even though the health return is rather minuscule.)
    • Additional stabilizer fragment. (x3)
    • Leg armor. (Something other than gloves, belt and boots for once.)
    • Complex material. (Do need them for modding alts. Been running content. Only to be getting Jack and squat. And Jack left town.)
    The rest was pretty eh, but I'm not even going to get mad about that. Can't do anything about it anyway.
  6. ghosts Well-Known Player

l opened 4 qwardian TCs in the vague hope of getting something for the void material and l got 2 qwardian gear, 2 energized mods (the same rage mods in a row) and a collection piece for the orange aura that netted me a whopping 4000 on the broker
    l can't imagine how frustrating this has to be for the people that pay real money to do this
    on the upside, at least the gear pieces gave me decent cash to work on grinding for the stuff l want on the broker

l hate TCs as much as everyone else, but realistically the strategy of almost all videogame publishers is to bleed the costumers out of how much money they're willing to give, and they can get away with it because the massivity of the industry gives them freedom to treat costumers like this, if they lose 500 they can herd in 5000 more by waving shiny things in their faces with the promise that they can get them just by spending enough money. The focus is on making you spend as much as possible, not on giving rewarding experiences through rich content and treating customers fairly, and it's not going to change

l'm thankful at least you can get the items in the broker if you want them bad enough to grind for months, as l did for the corrupted aura
    l just wish they used part of the mountains of money they make from this to fix essential problems like the lag that last for weeks on end and other such basic things
  7. SheerFaith Committed Player

Thats no new Information.We all suffer from this crap (except a few lucky ones)..so better dont care about it..or leave it..
    I put my Timce Capsules in the trash..and thats the best place for them
    • Like x 5
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No. Each type should drop equally. It isn't like they're dropping OP gear or anything. I'm not saying each box should drop the rare items in it. Leave that to chance but I'm tired of getting the same crap over and over again. I have like 300 of these things in my bank that I don't feel like opening because I don't need anymore mods or exobytes.
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I don't think there's enough trash cans in the game for all the garbage to fit in. Forget the bags...
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Opened 9 so far this weekend, got Flash emblem, motes, complexes and tons of exo, oh and collection pieces worth less than 10k on the broker so I deleted them. People who pay for this must either be rich or ... :confused:
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive learned to take everything said on these forums with a grain of salt ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Some are both and neither but yet end up spending too much. The world is an odd place.
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

have never got a rare piece. and don't think I ever will. only the big spenders seem to get this stuff. and, ITS JUST NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!!! so, I will never get the rare stuff.
    • Like x 2
  14. Balton hero Committed Player

My plan is to collect stabilizers through the daily mission, then open what I can when the next resurgence event comes around, so I can get twice the absolute crap that I normally would.....oh. Wait...
    • Like x 1
  15. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Played into the Devs hands and bought 20 pack of Stabilizers. Seven (7) straight times I got a Tactical Mod. Kept going after the first 2 or 3 thinking, geez this is just bad luck. Nope, they kept on coming!!. Switched to a different toon I usually dont have the greatest luck with RNG and again 3 straight Tactical Mods. Did get a few other boxes but out of the 20 I bought, I'd say 14 or 15 were Tactical Mods. Way out of balance
    • Like x 1
  16. IamINC Dedicated Player

Well , I previously stated I had leftover MPC left from a while ago (A birthday gift from my GF) so decided to buy a power respec token for my celestial toon and 40 stabilizers to get rid of it.

My league mate also bought 100 euros worth and another got 40 also , so 180 capsules between us and we got ......absolutely nothing at all worthwhile.

Leg tac mods , motes , mainframe bots and of course exobytes , the only collections we got were all the super common ones and the only HDTA gear we got was hands and belts - not good enough and another reason why i'm glad that I do not spend my own money on this ****
    • Like x 3
  17. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

"Man is something that shall be overcome." - Nietzsche

And because mankind is too weak to overcome their primitive instincts, TCs and similar "business" models still work. Just opt out, and signalize the gaming industry that it is time to put all those technical advances into content feeding the intellect and not to be wasted on more flashy graphics triggering compulsive behavior schemes. So stop complaining while still feeding the ones who do not return any value for your dollar, and keep them from your dollars instead. Force them to overcome their own "simple easy ways to get rich" approaches and go to dynamic virtual world environments, created with immersion with a focus on depicting the lore selected instead of importing game mechanisms that get a thin paint-job in lore colors to earn your money.

As long as people are putting money into low quality and mediocre games, there will be no new top games on the market, no real development in content. Everyone being Ok with just playing a slot machine instead is just standing in their own way to new qualities of entertainment on the video game market - no matter if playing the slot machine while complaining about it or not. Products that sell do not go away, and a company with a selling product has no reason to try something else, cutting any incentive to try new stuff.
    • Like x 3
  18. krytine Loyal Player

I used 4000 loyalty points to open tc's did get anything worth while. I got hands boots waist 1 mod for 5 different toons a healthy mod and have yet to complete the emblems or collections. So once again the value of the tc is extremly low to almost nothing i wont be wasting real money on them anymore and i doubt i will ever use loyalties or anything ever again
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I open free boxes when I can if I get the rare thing ...OH BOY!!!...if not...oh well....never waste REAL money though...
    • Like x 3
  20. Controller Devoted Player

This is why I listen to The Great Kenny Rogers' lyrics from his timeless classic - The Gambler.

"You've got to know when to hold em.....know when to fold em.....know when to walk away.....know when to run......"

[IMG]

When these TCs drop, I have a SET budget I put aside to participate in these things and if I "Hit"? Great.

If I don't? Still great - because I didn't get foolish with my expectations and overspend.

TCs are a pleasant distraction from the game and I'll always participate in them but after 2 Stabilizer pack purchases for the TUTCs I think I'm done, at least until NEXT TC variant drops.
    • Like x 3