Make Harley Great Again !!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Im Erza, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Im Erza Active Player

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/0...-star-revealed-big-bang-theorys-melissa-rauch
    This may or may not be old news idk but is there any hope maybe she can replace the current voice actor in DCUO for any possible future Harley related content as well ? I would be happy with just the T8 stuff being rerecorded ( again ) No disrespect, but the person who does the voice now is not a good fit ( and that's me putting it nicely ) I'm not really familiar with Melissa Rauch, literally just googled her lol....she has to be better than what we got =p
    • Like x 6
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes that is putting it nicely. The current voice actor sounds like an emo bank teller. Not sure who the hell approved it.
    • Like x 5
  3. Im Erza Active Player

I wasn't sure what I could get away with saying lol...I haven't been here as long as you =p
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not going to lie I was hoping this was a campaign to change her weapon because two handed is absolute garbage xD
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

She uses a large hammer in the comics. Why would they change it?
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wishful thinking I know.
  7. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

On top of the question of the fit of the voice actor, the rerecording that they did is clipped off in a few places now that should be fixed anyway...

Like in Wayne manor:
    First recording: "Bruce Wayne is now the property of yours truly"
    Now: "Bruce Wayne is now the property of yours"

First recording: "and a dumptruck full of the worlds finest catnip"
    Now: "and a dumptruck full of the worlds finest cat"

I think there might be more issues, but those are the ones that stand out to me
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

We also need a new Joker voice actor too while we're at it.
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

She also says the line too quickly after defeating Zatanna. There's a huge space before Ivy says her line.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Tbh, it's not just the voice, the take on the lines, or their delivery (those all have issues), it's the script that's being read as well. It has plenty of gems: the joke about getting a new hammer because the other one had too much blood on it, the back-stab of hoping you grabbed something for yourself, because we're keeping ours. But, the overall writing and tone has a weird hyper focus on the gal-pal relationship. Even Catwoman and Poison Ivy have their own weirdness at times during that whole story arc, though Harley is the only one that comes off as goofy.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think cost might be a factor in the equation when it comes to Melissa Rauch. I do think she could do a good job in playing Harley, but with her being on one of the biggest network comedies right now, I can't imagine it being cheap to hire her, even if she isn't one of the top paid actors on the show.

Also, to be honest I'd want to hear her take on Harley first. Like I said I think she could do a good job, but you never quite know for sure until you hear the performance. And if she's doing the voice on a mission that players would be repeating, players who didn't like it would be back in the same boat as those who don't like the current Harley voice.
    • Like x 2
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

So we're supposed to build a wall around Joker and make him pay for it? Or around Bats???
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I just want the old Booster Gold voice back. :(
    • Like x 3
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

you know full well they arnt going to replace THE Mark Hamel
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Isn't it obvious? THE Mark Hamel isn't voicing joker.

Why do you think Joker hasn't made an appearance ever since last laugh?

Mark Hamel won't go back to voicing Joker not unless he's done with all of his star war dollars :rolleyes:

So I won't say it's out of the question.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Why? He''s been doing the Joker''s voice for years. Sorry, but there is no one better. I do wish he wouldn't have been on the Flash TV show. He used his Joker voice for another villain. I did not care for that. His voice acting though is spot on.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If he's still Voice acting as the Joker in DCUO, then I redraw my comments.

But seeing as how the joker hasn't appeared in content in ages now, I'm wondering if that's even the case.
  18. Im Erza Active Player

while I doubt he'll return for this game specifically....he just recently returned as joker for the killing joke animated movie after previously saying he was done...Money talks lol
  19. Im Erza Active Player

Option A.....I think ??? Lol
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess they only changed the voice actress because she was expensive (she would have been worth it in my opinion).
    maybe devs could take some TC money (biggest success ever) for regaining the original... or margot robbie maybe.
    i would even start to spend money for TC's again, if that would get returned by the devs in improovements like mentioned...