Bonus Marks weekend .. yet another way to illustrate how good or bad the community can be

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Mar 26, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I HATE to burst your bubble but of the three raids I mentioned ONLY one was a blind que. That would be the time I left after??? minutes sitting and watching players come and go so fast it was almost hysterical, The other BN and the PB were actually teams I joined being built by a team leader on the LFG. We started with what he felt was a good enough team to get the job done and then .. thanks mostly the way the vast majority of this community think and play like these days... as soon as things didn't go perfectly smoothly the normal circus act began where players come and go faster than you can even keep count. I sat and watched the team list bounce up and down from 7 to 5 to 7 to 4 to.. The heck with this I quit! So part 2 of your advice just doesn't work.. didn't for the two team leaders i contacted and joined their teams.

As for part 1 .. My name is NOT DeadMike and I do not SOLO raids. LOL The ONLY time I see that ADVICE working is on a duo.. Now keep in mind it was a bonus marks weekend and I was out to grab as much as i could so I was running duos but not until i had the alerts and raids done. LAST time I checked raids pay out a lot more marks than duos not to mention giving you a lot more armor drops.

In 2 days I managed to get the ALT that I was playing when those three BAD teams occurred also managed to find a pile of good teams that got me enough marks to replace all 4 of my rings (troll and DPS), Utility belts (again both roles), and It was getting late so I decided to just wait til tomorrow to go shopping but I have over 60 marks and will probably buy 2 masks or 2 necklaces (both roles).

I never said I had a horrible weekend I just said I witnessed a couple of raids that high lights the current trend of many players to bail at the first sign of trouble.. Don't bother trying to figure out what to try to fix it.. just run away and try to find a team that can carry them. Hey I started the weekend with that alt at CR 131 and I'm now Cr 144. Now since I didn't even start playing until Saturday I'd say 13 combat rating is two days without spending a single replay isn't too bad. :D
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh god I know. I had so many bad experiences TRYING to blind que into UM I actually got to a point where i wasn't doing any raids at all for a long time. And yet LOL I blind qued into the thing last night and in 20 minutes we completed the thing with only 1 team wipe and the same 8 players that started the raid finished it. Oh by the way .. it was the first time ANY of my alts have ever finished that raid. LOL I was doing both all weekend.. Blind ques and LFG groups .. probably more Blind ques since even with the bonus marks most of what I saw on the LFG was OLY and GOM. I too am among the crowd that has ground through AF3 so much its boring. I guess players still eventually hit that rating and need the armor and coins.. my main is at CR 189 with nothing but 164 or 165 armor and the ONLY thing i am using marks for is to buy older armor sets to grab more style feats. i figured why waste a bonus marks weekend on THAT when i could get an ALT higher. Worked out pretty good too. :D
  3. Kontakt Active Player

i did the same thing and up to this day at cr 189 and 240 sp i have never completed DWF, i have tried soo many times but my luck with the groups i get is soo bad i got to the point where i don't even care to try anymore, i will complete the raid one day when i can solo it, same with UM i swear most players don't know the mechanics about that raid, i had to carry an entire group and when we got to the last room ppl were dying left and right from the blood and only a few people were in instance chat and no one reads group chat anymore because they kept doing it and the lower players voted to disband.
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Sounds more like (because I've experienced this WAY too many times) some jack wagon didn't know how to excuse himself and thought disbanding was the only way out. If you guys were in the middle of a fight the other 6 might have itchy trigger fingers like me and voted YES before actually looking at what they were voting on. Since you voted NO it kept you in the instance after the vote passed. But yeah it also could have been a premade group/league queue you ran into.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This community is already horrible. Open world shout is unbearable. Full of immature F2P idiots constantly spamming, cursing, etc. and don't get me started on gold spammers. Now there's 2 and 3 at a time in the safehouses and they now go to different parts of the safehouse and even hide. It's useless to report them because obviously this kind of behavior is condoned. Wasn't when SOE ran the show but now the idiots are epidemic. I think my ignore list is longer than my friends list. These idiots kill the enjoyment of the game to the point where my sub is up in a week and I might not renew and take a break for a while.
    • Like x 2
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I know.. One of the worst UMs I ever dealt with was with a group that apparently didn't even bother to read anything anyone was saying. We'd managed to actually get past the Avatar of Sin (which does not happen as often as one might think) and were battling Brother Blood. Were not doing too bad but then someone ran around and clicked on all of Raven's frozen in place brothers and we got overwhelmed. So after the team wipe one guy, with some actual functioning brain cells, made what I considered a perfectly good suggestion. "Let's only activate one brother at a time and let's start with (Pick a name I can't recall which brother he chose :confused:) and work around the room clockwise." Now to me this made perfect sense. We'd done pretty well even when we were taking all of them on at once so I assumed "Okay this time we have this" and then we headed back in and no one paid any attention to he suggestion and in about a minute all of the Trigon boys were awake and kicking butt :(

And then, of course, after team wipe number 2 half the team quit and eventually everyone just gave up and left to find that mythical "better team" LOL
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Its been a while since I was on a disbanded team but I suppose that is possible. Thing is as I recall if a disband vote passes doesn't the entire team get warped out of the mission? If so then how did I wind up alone inside? Now the other times I was on a disbanding team I either voted yes or just didn't vote at all figuring I'd just go with whatever everyone else wanted. SO.. since I voted no is it possible I was left alone inside to try and rebuild an entire new team?

Sadly if that is the case you may very well be right because from what I have seen a LOT of players don't bother to read much of anything and just go CLICK to get the pop up out of their way.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If a vote to disband gets a majority, those who chose yes leave, and those who chose no stay behind. Trust me, i've been behind enough of these votes to remember this.

It sounds like the team you were with did just that, and i find it highly annoying and confusing that people figure that's the only way out of an instance. I've been there before where everything is going ok, one little set back and somebody is voting to disband. One time it happened when 7/8 in the team were leaguemates, and the one LFG pick up put up the vote....obviously we voted no, and the guy then warped away.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Agree mostly, but I'm 120% sure that there are also many people on paid accounts (premium and subscribed) among the offenders.
  10. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I know I certainly don't feel very heroic, when my mains getting trashed in lower tiers, or in end game AF III content. Even those with sp up the wazoo getting their a$$ handed to them just like everyone else.
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not really. F2P people have nothing to lose. If you're a paid subscriber and get banned, there are no refunds. Doesn't matter if you're 1 day into a year subscription. You're beat. Are there some? Probably but I'd be willing to bet that 90% are F2P.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ahhh thanks Khal that explains it .. So basically 1 or 2 team mates rush ahead of the group and die .. get rezzed by other team mates .. and nothing major goes wrong at all and THAT prompted every one else on that team to leave. WOW .. it went from confusing to really REALLY sad in a heart beat....... We actually have players now that think they should never ever die no matter how stupid a move they make?
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah...that's how sad this game has gotten. I've queued up many instances in the past 8-9 months and watched them fizzle just like that. My favorite (or the rather my favorite to hate) is getting into a group for DWF with all these heavy hitter...everything looks good at first, get into first boss room with a good boss combo and somebody starts it by accident, and we naturally wipe. Some people exit faster than a speeding bullet, other times somebody starts the vote to disband. I sit there scratching my head wondering what happened to players who would give it a dozen tries before calling it quits??? What happened to players who would stay for an hour or two till we figured things out??? One misstep and it's time to go??? I get it when it's 20 minutes to shutdown...sometimes that's just a waste of time, but when there's plenty of time?
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the game has a cruel sense of humor built into it.
  15. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Dwf is easy with a group that ain't stupid. Sonis BN, PBr is really easy, umr is you die or learn, but what makes dwf hard is it's stupid **** in it. No one liked stomps mechanics, so much aoe **** everywhere, very small rooms, power sucking devices, no animations showing cause too much **** in there, and lashing/kalibacks attacks being changed in the wrong way. It's beatable, just too much stupid in there from devs.

I said **** it. Need feats but idgaf.
  16. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

Let's say i am a gold spammer. Someone reports me and i get banned. What would be my immediate reaction? Make a new free account and continue spamming.
    Let's say that this account gets reported and i get banned again. What would be my immediate reaction? Make a new free account and continue spamming.
    Let's say that this account also gets reported and i get banned again. What would be my immediate reaction? Make a new free account and continue spamming.

And this would go on forever. This would make your ignore list reach your maximum allowed within a week ^^

Same story would apply for silencing those accounts.

It is more manageable for us to have a known account on ignore instead of chasing all the new ones that would replace it.
  17. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Or have a system that will find those spammers and look for key phrases like www or mmook and block the whole post. Or as an extreme case would be to block lfg until the toon is level 30. Reduce the characters allowed to post. Make it so the same thing can't be spammed over and over. Or isolate the motherfkr's up address and emp his or her CPU and ban any ip in that area.

Sick of them.
    • Like x 2
  18. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

If that could be done, it would be awesome yes. But we have seen the creativity users employ to bypass filters...
    If restrictions are implemented on character level, real players would be hurt as well.
    If you restrict the same thing over and over, you basically kill requests for group :(
    As for the IP, the company is based in China, probably the largest number of internet users in the world, they would jut set up shop in the next block internet cafe.

From all the available options, i believe that the current one implemented is the best, i only have to ignore one or two accounts every month.
  19. Vic Zangief New Player

A lot of these players w high CR still have no clue how to play their toons. Let alone a raid that requires teamwork and the learning of it's mechanics. The moment people were able to zoom through CR it was a slow death for the game imho. I used to not mind helping someone, but if they aren't bothering to learn the game, how can they help the next person. That's if they even bothered to help someone.

I was thinking of a return, but the community seems dead and plagued with people like you guys mentioned. I don't blame them for being themselves. Devs allowed people to zoom through CR just to allow them to "catch up" to OG players, but that didn't turn out too well. It WAS a great game to me and I still have hope things will return to its former self, but for now, I think I'll just play casually and wait it out.
  20. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

Will this just be marks? Will Ancient Coins also be doubled?