Pay for Changes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ant Tao, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

We know that this game generates money from PvE and PvP is neglected because of it. Would you be willing to pay for better quality PvP or a revamp?

* New and consistent PvP content releases
    * New feats and armor that is consistently updated and inflated along with new PvE DLC's so PvP armor remains king (disable PvP armor near mission zones and bounties).
    * Weekly rankings with rewards
    * PvP loot boxes (the old school way, but we have replays now).
    * New base items tied to feats that MAY only drop in PvP loot boxes (this one is for the devs, since they love RNG lol).
    * Occasional tournaments hosted by whatever dev is willing.
    * New auras obtained through number of wins on X arena.
    * Updating powers and PvP in general in hotfixes WHEN NEEDED.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head. What would like to see if you could put your money where your mouth is?
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

If only our membership actually paid for something, sigh.
    • Like x 11
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

while its not any kind of "official" poll or market research the guys i know in real life who do game and own ps4s won't touch a game unless theres strong pvp attached to it.
  4. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Thats what drew me to the game. Back when PvP was strong, you never saw people crying about the lack of content.
  5. Starbrand Dedicated Player

In the good old days, the great players (even in PVE) were PVP ones.
    Despite some real problems, the PVP was amazing, hard and fun.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've spent plenty of money on the game. Back when you could have pve items in pvp like OP items and such. I fell for the trap. Replayed the crap out of raids to have the best gear. Only for it to be all totally removed.

So no. I will not fall for this trap again. I've never dropped my sub, Jan 2011, and spent plenty on badges, repec, ect.
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I do pay, it's called a sub.

Besides that, they tried monetising PvP before, it didn't go down very wel to the point they admitted it was a mistake.

I don't think they care about mistakes at this point, aslong as it's lining their pockets, so don't give them any ideas.
  8. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I've spent a lot of money - they need to a just the membership benefits. I mean, why can't I just pay for dcuo instead of all access? $6 should do it.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I think ive spent more then enough $$$ on this game. Pvp should just be fixed. I dont think any of us should have to spend more money for a 6yr old game to get 1 of the game modes to work correctly. The expectations seem to be so low these days. And honestly i feel that is a result of some things over the years. Anyways ive seen mepps say they watch player behavior and many people dont pvp. Well i wonder why? :confused:
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

Yeah, I used to PVP at one time.

Will take a lot to drag me back into it and I still have all my armor for it on 2 toons.
    • Like x 1
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I love pvp but as far as paying for it..
    Idk.

Would sub be more expensive or would pvp be divided into DLCs now? A lot of people pvp when they can't pve and I'm not sure if taking pvp away from them would be a good idea especially if it was semi-free.
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

pvp can bite my a$$. would I PAY to fix it??? not just NO. but, HELL NO!!!!! I already PAY TO PLAY!!!!!
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I don't even bother with PVP and I do realize it is being ignored but I'll add my no vote to this idea. let's not even start giving them any ideas shall we? I've paid a monthly subscription fee for years along with tons of other items purchased in the MP. THAT money is supposed to be going toward them fixing and improving the game. We start paying out exclusive fees to get services they are SUPPOSED to be providing to begin with and before you know it everything will cost extra.