What's the worst that can happen if exclusive items were brought back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Mar 14, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

I swear. It has nothing to do with people being mad and everything to do with people learning what the word "exclusive" means. Google it. The last time this was brought up the same answer got said, by multiple people, including mepps.
    • Like x 3
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

They didnt say water was an exclusive power and would only be available at a certain time. U are comparing apples to oranges.
    • Like x 2
  3. mexmex Dedicated Player

Then where is the exclusive factor? lol
    • Like x 1
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

This might be BUT the phoenix material, of smoke and nimbus are just cool items. There value is due to that the rare just makes them unable to earn us money.

Its a awful design
  5. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I was part of the game back then and never got the back from the hack feat.
  6. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Never say never
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And be counter-sued for breach of contract. Which you'll be found guilty of. Because you did.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You don't get it. You can't have the exclusive because you missed it. You can't have everything you want. You are not entitled to past exclusives and you never, ever, will be. This is how life works. Deal.

You can waste all the words you like on the forums and nothing will change. This is how business works. Nobody cares what your opinion of what you think you're entitled to is.

What you want is the equivalent of this: You and I make a contract that you will pay me $10 and for the next ten months I will give you an apple a month. We sign the contract and you give me $10. I then say "sorry, I changed my mind, I'm giving you no apples."

And when you complain, I say "sorry, you're mad? Too bad."

That's not how an agreement works. Other people in the world besides you exist.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Way to only read just one sentence there and make up a conclusion.

If you had read the whole paragraph, you would have seen the lawsuits I mentioned would not be from players (which was never a thought of mine), it would be from the companies SOE/DGC had contracts with to distribute the products with the exclusive items.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Unlikely given they'd not likely be awarded any damages - at least not in my country, but then again 'Murica!
    • Like x 1
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Nothing is wrong with bringing back old items. That was a different company that said this in the first place. Also about DCUO keeping their word. I was really pumped about serums and then that was reneged. I'm bummed but I'm not going to have a stoke over it.
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

LOL, lawsuits....... DCUO's lawyers would tie up anyone with so many delays and paperwork that it would be a waste of time for you or anyone trying to sue over ten dollars.

People that say they could sue would do exactly what they will do when DCUO finally shutters it's doors. You will do nothing and all those virtual items will be like dust in the wind. Gone forever.

Been there done that. They do what they want and you either deal with it or move on basically.
  13. Saami Loyal Player

World would not end, but i must admit that i would be disappointed.
  14. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

Well these statements are a bit double edged, because DCUO can choose to honor the exclusivity and decide that it can survive without you as well...
    • Like x 2
  15. MrGT Well-Known Player

As someone else also mentioned it's not just about keeping players or loosing players but would really mean that the Devs word and commitment about certain things would really mean nothing. They would risk loosing more players I think because of that then the actual act of bring the items back. Many players are already upset currently now imagine if that last bit of trust was destroyed.
    • Like x 2
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm not saying that we would sue, but other companies could like Best Buy, Gamestop and others for breaking the "exclusive" clause.
    • Like x 1
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

There is 1 chance to win.

Prove the contract is 1 sided in it's terms and conditions and doors (and settlements) start to open automatically.
    • Like x 1
  18. RLManuel Committed Player

Where's my popcorn? Lol
  19. Thomas Wayne jr Active Player

As long as the don't re-release the Batman man inspired mask all is good.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Dude, don't be an obvious troll in your own thread...o_O

Players are rightfully upset with the direction this game has been headed, which has eroded the relationship between the players and the company. The last thing the company needs right now is to outright tell everyone that they really are COMPLETELY untrustworthy by nullifying the meaning of the word Exclusive.
    • Like x 3