Rage vs Atomic vs Electricity - Stats Revamp 1.4

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Credits by tiempo

I personally like the damage out taken by Rage power, that power needed thiis.
    • Like x 2
  2. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

Pretty irrelevant, Crappy is probably the only good dps in there.
    You cant compare powersets with samples from players with different skill levels.
    • Like x 2
  3. tiempo Well-Known Player

For ppl that think like that, no test or video will ever suffice. Others will know what to take away from a test run in Olympus, much of my audience as well, if they are consistant viewers, will know the skill level of most DPS's I run with on test. Funny thing is, would you of commented the same thing if someone else got Top DPS? or done so by double damage? Is that the conclusion you came up with?

For 3 us, we did test runs in UT prior to the raids to test our dps, also tested for hours on sparring targets trying to get similar numbers with different powers. This video is actually a good example of balance and stats mattering at work, with the exception of the Electric dps with 244 sp's, I never ran with him before. While Carnifex and I stay at range for the most part, our dps in the end is on par, even the electric dps that had to switch to heal probably would of reached the 15 mill mark. For 3 different dps's getting similar numbers at the end of the raid is a good thing, Crappy was able to put out the most damage but paid the highest cost in death's, but that also good too, it shows the trade off in damage you can get when playing to Rage's best attribute, Melee. Higher risk, higher reward.
    • Like x 2
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

Exactly and for that reason I liked the damage out taken by Rage because we didn't get that results on Live but now we're getting on Test. That's a good sign that the development team is walking in good ways
  5. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

My comment about the video being irrelevant would still be the same, regardless any change in scoreboard.

There are way too many variables to consider in these kind of test runs to properly compare powersets. To get a proper sense of how powers are performing related to each other you'd have to run same content with same team twice- once with only one other dps who is playing a different powerset, and then switch powersets with him/her in second run.
    • Like x 2
  6. tiempo Well-Known Player

We tried, getting full consistent groups on test is harder then it may appear. I did record the UT tests, ran 3 times with Crappy, Carnifex, and Rude back to back right before OLY. This can also serve as some kinda of a gauge for this OLY test. Variables will always exists....I understand that, but in the end, Rage melee should do more dps then range, and that's what happened. Editing vid atm, should be up in a few hours.
  7. RLManuel Committed Player

Actually you can get great numbers on live with rage... granted you need a lot of sp.

I was Hard light since before it got its recent buff, after it got buffed I could keep up with sorcery, earth, ice, mental and gadgets. It didn't pretty good damage, a couple weeks ago I switched to rage just to test it out on live to see what it can do. I told myself if its damage is as horrible as everyone says then ill switch back to Hard Light. Played around with rage for two days and now I'm staying rage, rage can beat every power and I do mean every power if you know what to do, I've only been beaten by ice elemental and big gun users most of the couple of time that's happened is when they had 285+ skill points.

You just need a lot of skill points and know what to do.
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

So, if you do that with Rage against Mental WM glitch, Munitions biggun and Gadgets 3 EMP on Live you're probably the best DCUO player.
    • Like x 1
  9. RLManuel Committed Player

lol shhhh don't tell everybody:D...

I'm just saying that from experience with rage on live recently it produces great numbers.

If you mainly melee your damage is ok and you will die a lot making your damage suffer but it you only range than in my experience you do great damage, and you need high sp and the right loadout...
  10. tiempo Well-Known Player

Great! now I can't even tell sarcasm from truth, lol
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You're being incredibly vague, which may lead people to think you're full of it. I'm rage now, too, and it's not as bad as I was lead to believe, but there's no way you're beating legit ice and gads. It's just code at this point lol. They are stronger because they are programmed to be.
  12. IamINC Dedicated Player

I call BS.

No way rage dps is topping any scoreboards with Ice and Mental being how they are right now.
  13. Saybro Committed Player

I've seen it while in troll stance. Was right behind them.
  14. IamINC Dedicated Player

Then dam , that's some major damage improvements on rage!!

Has anyone got some video off it's capability . i'd like to see it in action?
  15. Saybro Committed Player

A league mate just tanked with a good rage dude. I'll pm you
  16. IamINC Dedicated Player

Nice one , thanks
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I wish people would stop saying things like this. MadRabbit is a good player you guys just don't always know the entire context of what hes doing in the raid.

The results we got in the raid are just about the same as we get at the dummies. The loadout Rabbit was using puts up good numbers and also puts out damage pretty quick cause of the burst potential but i can put up 10k plus more then what he can do with rage melee. So while what happened in the raid isn't a exact science it does come close pretty close to what each power can do knowing the max damage they are capable of putting out in a perfect scenario.

This raid was about can i actually melee everything and and still be rewarded enough by the higher dps of Rage even with catching a bunch of deaths and to see how the power costs were doing and like i said while not perfect science the results were just what we thought. Also what he was doing with atomic is among one of the best loadouts right now on test.
    • Like x 1
  18. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

I'd like to believe I have a pretty decent idea on how rage, atomic, and electricity are operating on test, and I can tell most of what each of the dps are doing in the raid. Not sure what other context I need.

My comment wasn't to criticize other dps, but to point out that the skill differences make the comparison invalid. I don't think if all the players were at same skill level, an atomic would be five and an electric would be eight million behind a Rage dps in Olympus, regardless of loadouts, as long as they are viable.

Run the same raid again. Swap power/loadout/rotation with squishyy. Let MadRabbit and Carnifex do the same. And then compare the damage outs of individual powers with this run. I am pretty sure there will be a significant difference.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Then you don't know how good rage melee is especially when you use zerk in the correct places. Rage melee is prob the best thing on test server right now. I can confidently say that if i played another power i wouldn't be able to beat what i can do with rage.

I have piles and piles of spread sheets on all the powers on test and rage just simply outshines what they can do on paper and in content cause of how it works.
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

On another note i get where your coming from cause i feel the same way when i watch videos myself. Now i don't know the other guys but i've been playing with rabbit for long enough to tell what kind of a player he is and hes a good player. Bottom line anyone who was in that raid was getting beat by me regardless of how good they are and not cause i think im better then anyone else just simply cause rage melee is very good.