Broker insanity.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueArchon, Mar 1, 2017.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Mepps has said that there will be no price cap implemented in Discord. It is a free market. If items didn't sell for that price it will expire and have to be relisted at a lower price until it sells.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I figured this was happening over on Xbox One. Do you have any evidence for this? It would be useful in confirming the inflation theory I have and burying the "glitchers broke the economy" argument once and for all.
    • Like x 1
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

would not matter if we got 10 keys a day. we would still get nothing but crap...
    • Like x 2
  4. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

or the devs could just reset all accounts to zero and see what the broker does then
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Break down membership benefits and why they are worth more than what we pay to subscribe.
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah it makes the line: "desperate times call for desperate measures" even more true lol
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Still better than 1/3 of a key per day.
    • Like x 1
  8. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I'v been on the £20 3 month sub since replays and loyalty were handed out monthly (well, earlier than that but they make the breakdown easier). That alone is worth £24 over said 3 months. Do I even need to bother breaking down the rest of the legendary benefits, since I'm already £4 up?

I guess I'm greedy though because I still want more lol, even if it is just a full stabiliser per day. I'd settle for that right now.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

I quickly threw this together. I think I got everything and accurately. I've saved it to my hard drive if anyone notices any errors.

It should be noted that this table shows how much it costs a Premium player to experience the game exactly as a Legendary player does without buying the membership. In cases like the Stabilizers, I've only added on the quantity needed to match what a Subscriber receives as part of their membership package.

In favour of membership, I've shown the maximum amount a subscriber has to pay ($14.99). It doesn't consider those paying less on a 3, 6 or 12 months program. I've also ensured to list as many bulk buy Premium products as possible to reduce the amount they have to pay (e.g. Ultimate Edition instead of the individual costs of the first 14 episodes/powers/etc)
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

The approach is flawed though, because it assumes players automatically receive a benefit such as the legend characters.

Not only does it take time to receive them, time of which is not free, it means a player has to under take that task in game before receiving it.

Acting like it is an automatic benefit is murky at best - it's like Hollywood claiming lost revenue by every pirated download, acting like every pirated download was a lost sale.

It simply isn't true. The price you put on "access" to something isn't necessarily directly comparative to the price a person might put on an outright purchase, because the price is also reflecting "not having to work for it" for example.

When I made my response to you Tori, the other guy may have been asking you for a monetary breakdown, I wasn't however. I don't actually care about the financials.

I wanted to know "why you felt" the membership perks were adequate, what actually makes it worthwhile to purchase a membership for you, why do you think it sufficiently doesn't require any extra work.

There is more to purchasing a membership that makes it worthwhile to someone than necessarily just the small extra's you get.

Like I said to you in another thread Tori, although your idea has "some philosophical merit" on a theoretical level it's a gamble, you actually don't know how many premium players there are, you don't know how active they are, you don't know how many capsules they're buying, you don't know the actual odds of the drops.

Once you take away one of the most significant perks in subcribing there's no going back on it, you're taking a gamble that it'll work and if it doesn't you've just seriously damaged the membership as a result, possibly to the point where many people will unsub because they'll no longer feel a need to do so, when they can just buy what they want outright.

What you're suggesting is dangerous from that perspective, because there's no actual proof of the benefits you propose, without such categorical evidence how can you suggest we get on board with it?
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

How is free access to Legends characters not a perk of membership because you have to unlock them? You don't have to pay extra for them. They are included in your membership fee. Therefore they are a perk of membership. No ifs, no buts. If you don't feel as though they are a benefit to you, then that's, again, a subjective opinion and does not alter the fact that free access to products which can only be bought off the Marketplace is a perk of being a member.

I already explained to you why the membership perks are adequate. The value of it is great in comparison to what I'd have to pay to enjoy many of the same perks subscribers enjoy, as a Premium player. Now I have provided numerical data to back that up. That's without touching other benefits such as early access (if it's available), a 10% discount on the marketplace and soon, exclusive end-game versions of (at least) the next event raid.

"Seriously damaging" the membership is stretching. Numerically, you lose $20 worth of value, per month, as a Premium wouldn't have to pay $20 to unlock 4 weeks worth of Escrow (difficult to believe anyone is doing this, anyway). This is less than half of the value of the monthly consumable items that you get for your $14.99. That is far less damaging than doing things like reverting back to the content structure they're currently using, which means there isn't a constant stream of new content coming to you. I believe you were a supporter of dropping Monthly content?

If you choose to ignore the perks of being a subscriber and stick with one thing, then that's entirely down to you and not a argument as to why the membership doesn't have any value. I'm honestly shocked that you remain subscribed if you're only subbing for the removal of the cash limitations. You should consider dropping your subscription seeing as nothing else from that list adds value to your membership.

My idea is based on the laws of supply and demand. It's basic economics. I don't need to provide evidence to support how supply and demand works, because it's a law. In the same way someone doesn't have to prove that gravity exists for their concept rollercoaster to work.

Even though I accept that I can't provide data on how many Premiums are opening Time Capsules, you can't provide evidence to the contrary either. So bringing that moot point up for a second time is still irrelevant.

Even if you are right and Premium players aren't somehow aren't opening Time Capsules (one of the most successful products of all time in DCUO), you defeat just one of the positives my idea would bring. About more rare collections hitting the Broker. That's it. My idea still improves the overall health of the economy by expanding the market, making it easier to sell your items, allowing people to make more money and promoting more competition amongst sellers to bring prices down. Which still resolves your problem better than your own suggestion to "increase drop rates".

Please don't start with the whole "categorical evidence" thing either lol. DON'T MAKE ME REPLY TO YOUR OTHER THREAD ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

First off, don't pretend you have some sort of "power" over me and "threaten to reply" to my other thread like you're somehow holding back.

Either reply to the thread or don't Torikumu I don't honestly care. either express your opinion or don't. The thread is there for everyone to have their say.

If you wan't to have a differing opinion from me then good for you, go share it. welcome to what makes the world go around. Not everyone sits on the left or right side of the political spectrum either.

secondly, you've now finally done what I queried you to do, this wasn't some elaborate ruse to trap you and go "haha you're wrong bro". I was asking for your opinion to consider it and I have.

I disagree with your view that you can break the membership down to a raw figure and put a value on it as people purchase a membership for more reasons than just a perk, all perks or even what those perks are worth.

My point wasn't that the legend characters weren't a perk either, naturally they are, what I'm saying is it's one dimensional to break them down to a raw dollar figure, because there's more to it than just being an "instant perk".

the trouble with your view isn't that it's necessarily "wrong", what I'm saying is it's flawed. It's not fully realised. There's not enough data and with that being the case I fail to see how anyone's reasonable conclusion can be to remove the status quo on a "hope and a prayer" the premium players will live up to your expectation.

My pessimism is far from unreasonable Torikumu and remember when you're talking about stripping away membership benefits, which whether you like it or not is "watering down", "damaging" whatever you want to call it, then you have to have a rock solid justification to do so.

Not one that by all intents and purposes looks like a lifeboat, smells like a lifeboat, but may just be a mirage.

I'll end with a winky face too right, I'm not going to go capslock though ;)
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oh no, I wasn't pretending to have anything like that. I wasn't being sincere. Just attempting to be humorous. I feel as though I should make that clear, though, before someone else takes offence and reports me. You've got them eating out your hand, these days :p

I think we'll leave it there for now. There's nothing I can say that I haven't already said 10 times over. I'm sure we'll be butting heads on the issue again, soon.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

No problem Torikumu, for what it's worth I didn't report you, if someone else did then I guess they felt you breached guidelines, that's not on me ;)
  15. the solowing Unwavering Player

Proxy and other disagree with you saying the sub isnt worth it...it doesnt "enhance game-play" it just ungimps it and doesn't offer me anything i can go WOW!! about..
  16. the solowing Unwavering Player

Belive you me those prices WILL go down...wayyyyy down. Its always proven true
  17. krytine Loyal Player

Ok so while you run things are doing wnything in the game in the middle of something oh wait you will be watching for tells enjoy
  18. krytine Loyal Player

If the trade chat was as easy an not as much of a pain as all you high rolers say then why are you doing it all the time to avoid the 5% fee that is on the broker? Answer is becuase you have to pay more attention to your tells or trade in order sell it. So like i have said its clear because you guys keep putting the 20 30 50 100 million dollar items on is that the broker is far easier and yes some of you would skip the broker all together. But a lot of you won't. And yes the biggest problem with the broker isn't the prices its the RnG that has extremely low drop rates. Plus the whole role system when someone roles a 0 on need first off how do you role a zero for anything?
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well when I was having membership problems I was freaking out and thought I was banned so I went on daybreak.com to see what could get you banned. It appears that making prices ridiculously high, ruining the game economy could get you suspended/banned. Money glitching as well. Not sure if that applies to DCUO or all daybreak games.
  20. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Stating your opinion with certainty is hardly proof just because people do it a lot on the forums.