membership on steam

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by spinza, Feb 24, 2017.

1. spinza Well-Known Player

is steam still need credit card for dcuo i need to get membership but i dont have credit card
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

You could buy a prepaid card and apply it to steam like a normal credit card. Visa or Mastercard prepaid cards are probably your best bet.
  3. spinza Well-Known Player

but i still need bank account and credit card for pre paid card ?
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Nope. Once you buy a prepaid card it's already activated and you can add the money to a steam account. It works the exact same way as a normal credit card. Once you've done that you go on the dcuo website and pay for all access. It will give the option to pay through steam.

Another way (probably quicker) is to just add the prepaid card when you go to pay for all access on the website.
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

You can't buy membership with steam, only with a credit card in game.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Not true. You can pay through steam.
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

I've never been able to do that, how?
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Once you have a steam account you add money to your steam wallet. Then you open the membership page for all access on the dcuo website and it'll give you options. Pay with PayPal (pretty sure it was removed can't remember) pay with credit card and pay with steam. If you pay with it will send you to the steam website and you can pay with membership. Jafin guided me through it when I had difficulty about 10 days ago.
  9. P0150N1VY New Player

i was doing the same, have the money already on steam, but when i click on pay with steam, they ask in steam for a credit card???
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Daybreak requires you to have a credit card "on file" because memberships are recurring by default. It should only charge your Steam wallet. I assume, but I don't know for certain, that when the membership is up, it will look to your Steam wallet first for funds to renew.
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Just a stupid commentary, but Daybreak would make a heckuva lot more money if they allowed people to buy memberships without having that default (make it an option and plenty of people would go for it). A lot of people who currently won't or cannot subscribe would happily sink money into the game if there wasn't a requirement for a credit card. It's another example of really poor management on the part of Daybreak.
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

In this case, I agree with them. A recurring membership tied to a form of payment as the default is a sound business strategy. While they could open themselves up to other forms of payment, I disagree that this method of customer retention reflects poor management.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I half agree. I think it should be more options than just a credit card. They don't even have gamecards anymore. Which allowed you to turn cash into a subscription. I understand the concept of cost to print the cards, but it's just a generated number and places like Gamestop had receipt printout numbers for quite a number of DLCs for other games. Why couldn't they do it for DCUO? You don't have to have a plastic card with a scratch away. Just give places the ability to generate the number on the receipt.

Also, allow for paypal use, as originally you could use paypal for SC purchases only. You want more money, give more options to allow for more money to come in from people who don't have or able to have a credit card.

If what Saint Nutella is true and you can have steam be utilized for a subscription, you can use cash to buy steam cards at quite a number of places, like walmart and gamestop. (I think I can get them from my local grocer.) You can use cash and just fill your steam wallet up via this way.
  14. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. There are far more people who play this game that don't have access to a credit card of any type for various reasons that would LOVE to subscribe than is reasonable for a company like Daybreak to turn away. Make credit cards the default - but have an option to subscribe without them. They are losing money because of this policy.
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Absolutely works. It is how I pay for my monthly membership and buy things in game. It is essentially just like it was when we had Daybreak Game Cards except it is recurring. Here is a screen shot of my Membership page. As you can see, the membership comes out of Steam.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The only thing that is bad managed, is the fact that they have been unable to add PayPal as a payment option for memberships for more than two years!

Seriously? Why make it hard for us to pay? PayPal is already there except for the one thing they want to sell the MOST!

Oh wait... that's not the only thing... they are making business in countries where the IBAN is obligatory, but haven't been able to update their system for more than three years!

The FAILED payments are annoying and DBG blames us PLAYERS for it and WE pay the additional fees of up to 30 % of the membership value AND get suspended accounts.

At this point we can only conclude they DON'T CARE!
    • Like x 1
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

It was an option at one point in the past though no? It's a shame they removed it.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

To my knowledge, Paypal never worked for subscription, only one time purchases, like DLCs and what not.
    • Like x 1