DCUO Teases Classic Comics in Upcoming Content!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 22, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

Exactly! Thx for pointing out ^^ (y) :)
  2. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

uhm.. starro who?
    the main attraction of this game is we can play alongside/against iconic dc heroes and villains. is license really that hard guys? i thought this game has bought the license to use any DC-related characters/storyline. we haven't even seen the joker in any post lvl 30 story content yet, and now you make a whole episode based on a character that frankly only the hardcore DC fans know about? whats next? a raid in an illusion world when we beat a bunch of bunnies and fight mad hatter as the last boss? come man, we can do better right?

the game's storyline used to be great and well thought with some continuity. from the moment we escape brainiac ship, to the epic final showdown in prime. heck, ill even give you nexus reality coz the story still somewhat related. but nothing really great after that. and boy do i really miss them.
  3. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

I know. frustration can cause a man say stupid things.Anyway I on the other hand have decided if content improve then every 9 month I will do a 3 month membership to catch up, if content do not improve then goodbye DCUO and hello INJUSTICE 2.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

I see your point. However: i think the joker is in every other media present, even different versions and i think he has his appearences in the future when thinking on the dark knight strikes again even if its the jared leto version wich would make totally sense if you did read the comic book and think of it... However: we know the best known superheroes, and it is nice to see them from time to time and even legends should be allowed in instances if that would be possible.. However: the dc lore has so much more to offer than the same hits over and over and over again, rebootet and new interpreted and rebootet again... I think of it as somekind of like a breeze of air to see what was in the old ages (are they canon again, after the new 52 was obliterated by the multiverse?) given that it was called the silver and golden ages of comics and what is Latest? No platin, thats for shure... Woody ages we had lately, no?
  5. Sooner Well-Known Player

So you only want a DC game with just "main TV" villains rather than explore the richness of the whole universe? Seriously, the Joker? Been there, done that. He's boring now, give me a chance to see other villains rather than the "everyday" villains in the book. Joker and Lex, I can care less about. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the other parts of the DC Universe that's not an everyday thing rather than your standard run of the mill villains. Rinse, Repeat on the villains is actually boring. Give me a variety and that's fun.
    • Like x 3
  6. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Truth is that they don't expect you to finnish all feats without using money, in other words they expect you to use money to finnish, hoping as many as possible will want to finnish. The "we dont expect you to finnish" is BS as if it were so, they would have fewer feats that would have been obtainable without replays, for those feats to be added next time, like the seasonals.

So your point is moot as if they didnt expect you to finnish they wouldn't let you (even when using replays).

Also next time around the events will contain new feats, it wouldn't suprise me if the new feats were not obtainable without using replays either, meaning you will fall further behind on getting them all, and before we need to worry about next time, we have to worry about what revamp will do to game. Revamp might kill the game, or might do it more popular again, or something in between, but making these changes into a 6 year old game is dangerous. On top of waiting for revamp there still another 4 months until June and new relevant content, they expect the event(s) to be enough before then, that depends on how this one is done, anyways im not so sure it will.
    • Like x 2
  7. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Please no to Watchmen, rather weak heroes and villains (Ozy is a little strong but nothing compared to the crappy doctor), and one able to do whatever he wants (makes bats and supes seem even in strength, even without kryptonite ), to me it sucks. Allthough yes to Rorshach mask, Rorshach is kl, Manhatten and the rest is not.
  8. Sooner Well-Known Player

No, it's not. You have the moot point, because when it returns, I'll just start up where I left off at. Hence, I'm still working on it and didn't "lose" anything. I'm not into "instant gratification" or "Strike Three....take your base" ideas. When I finish it, I finish it. I don't have to finish it in one go round to enjoy it. I haven't used replays on the last event. I did what I could, then save the rest for the next time.
    • Like x 3
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

Exactly my thoughts.
    It is one thing to say you would give ppl something to celebrate the aniversery to participate in for free. Yet it is a totally other thing to set things obviously to sell replays and tell you "its not supposed to be finished this year" as an excuse...
    • Like x 1
  10. RealTegan Dedicated Player

While you are absolutely correct, 100%, you are also incorrect in the sense that the audience for DCUO is very much a completionist type of audience. In short, the vast majority of players are the kind of people who do "want it now" and are into "instant gratification". Either Daybreak knew that and took advantage of it, or didn't know it and made a crucial error in judgement. I'm not entirely sure which.

The best way to cater to such an audience is to make it possible to get the items in the collection or whatever in the first year, then add new ones in the next year. Like every other seasonal.

By not making it possible to get everything done in one year, Daybreak sent a message. Depending on your stance, the message might have been "Ha, you have to use replays and spend money to get everything" or it might have been "We don't understand your obsession even though we are catering to it." You, and Daybreak, are insisting that it was simply a case of the seasonal being planned to last multiple years - which is pretty much saying the second thing, that they don't understand obsession. Many cynical fans are reading it as the first - a money grab - because of the history of TCs and such.

So, yes, you are correct. But from the point of view of many cynical completionist fans, you are also incorrect.
    • Like x 1
  11. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

While I still have major reservations about the revamp, I have to admit the devs are killing it as far as content in my opinion. I like the Batman and Joker as much as anyone, but I love that they are exploring the lesser known corners of the DC universe. I also like the schedule of two to three large episodes with events mixed in between ... I just hope they took the feedback from the Anti-Monitor event to heart and make adjustments to make events more "fun" and not such a grind. You can tell that Jackster and SJ are true fans, and have a love and respect of the lore.

Of course, there will always be that segment of the community that feels they must hate everything, and can't just take some things for what they are and enjoy. Some people could be given a million dollars and would complain about the denomination of the bills. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  12. HarryHell Well-Known Player

They dangle a carrot to get you to use replays, and if i remember correctly they confirmed in another thread that there will be new feats on returns. If then the new feats require you to run everything every day, you will not catch up without using replays. Off course they may return with the possibility to get all feats without running everything every day if you did so on last run, but my point still stands they wouldn't have feats available only through replays without expecting the players to actually use replays. Expecting us to use money outside of sub seems to be the new trend of DCUO
    • Like x 1
  13. HarryHell Well-Known Player

There is still no proof if he is correct or not, allthough my point with them expecting us to use replays is correct. If he (as many others) refused to use replays on the AM event, and then the AM event returns with new feats that can't be completed without using replays he will fall further behind and this will continue, ergo he is 100% incorrect. If the event returns with feats obtainable through running it all every day, meaning you finnish all feats, or are as many feats from finnishing all feats as you were from the firts time around, or fewer feats from completion, he is correct.

You have right in most of your points though, but if the devs really didn't want you to finnish they wouldn't let the event be replayable through replays, and making you choose which grind feats to get, and which not to get.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tros Well-Known Player

How Will be the base items? (Event)
  15. Furdinand Active Player

Last Laugh is post-30 and features the Joker. Why fork over a pile of cash for Hamill when players completely forget it four years later?

Starro was just on Powerless, the JSA in Legends of Tomorrow. They may not be as ubiquitous as the Joker, but it isn't like we're getting a Brother Power the Geek event and an Inferior Five DLC.
    • Like x 1
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you guys have questions, the AskDCUO Office Hours starts at 3pmPST/6pmEST over on the DCUO Discord Server

I'll have the VoD up later tonight.
  17. recoil Committed Player

it would be neat if going forward we could get OLDER looks from past content. like style sets based around sunstone mobs in fos or trigon and avatar of sin from trigon's prison. what's hilarious is that the game has practically provided it's own material for new stuff. but no one even considers using the old stuff like the ellis hospital bounty or other runnable content that could benefit from a revamp if not just in rewards dropped. why should we get small demonic wings for defeating the avatar of sin? when we can get them almost everywhere else? loads of new dlcs like amazon fury and brainiac's bottle ship/phantom zone drop themed weapons and base items so why not the retro vintage missions?
  18. Green Flash Bobby Garrick New Player

I wanted to say thanks to the Devs for the Flash stuff (even though I missed getting it due to some personal issues) I will be picking up a Flash mask on pay day. I also want to thank you ahead of time for the upcoming Starro and JSA events. Without Starro there wouldn't have been much of a Justice League Team in the first place, and I can't wait to see which JSA members will show for the event. ( I'm hoping classic hawk man, and Alan Scott.) For those of you talking about leaving the game GOOD BYE! More room for those of us who actually love this game and play because we love it not for what we get out of it, and before you say it's because I'm a f2p player I buy my membership every month and I think it's worth it every month, sure there are things I don't like but I understand there are certain processes the Devs have to go through to bring us new content, or gear. If you don't like it get your law degree and fight DC comics for certain rights to use copywrited content so the company that made this game can have more time creating great things, if not shut up or quit.

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  19. Ekart Committed Player

[IMG]

Let me guess, you didn't read my comments on those same posts. To keep the events fresh, they will need to add more new stuff which you will not be able to finish. Never. Because of the buissnes model they have chosen. And I like to finish what I start.

And I see you agree with the P2W model Jackster "Destroyer of Games" is implementing here. At least in one part.
    • Like x 1
  20. Bell EL New Player

But it sounds like the new event has the same amount of content that a DLC would have so, I'm excited to see hot it goes!