Welcome back to DC Universe... here's some complimentary issues!

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by FauxKing, Feb 7, 2017.

1. FauxKing New Player

This game is such a trial I'm finding it very hard to convince myself its worth my time.
    The problems started with installation, the launcher would close itself after 1-3% progress constantly, meaning I'd have to sit here constantly reopening the launcher. In the end I decided to try and download the game through steam since the launcher clearly isn't working as intended for me. The game only downloaded 69% through steam so the rest of the way I had to repeat the process above.
    Rejoice, I thought. The game is installed and I can finally jump back into the DC universe, all is going well and then after forty minutes my fps goes from two hundred to sixty in an instant and then the sound begins playing up, sounds like Brainiac is hacking me. Then the frames drop from sixty to fifty, forty, thirty, twenty and then boom. I'm playing a slide show. Now perhaps this is just my speedforce powers activating and I'm just moving too fast that everything comes to a complete stop... or the more likely issue being.. well I honestly don't know.
    So I close the game, which in itself took a while having near zero access to the menus. I open up the launcher to check my settings through that, see if something could possibly be causing issue.
    "Microsoft .NET Framework Error"
    Oh for gods sake. I can't change the settings from this at all. So I instead pray it was a one off and jump back into the game. Leveling my celestial speed god when low and behold after again roughly forty minutes my sound and fps die.
    So now naturally a little annoyed I put my fingers to work on google, as google knows all. Well.. the launcher issue isn't rare but is completely ignored by any forum support. Infact not one post about any issue I'm posting about here has any official responses at all. Well... I'll do what my naturally heroic self would normally do and be the hero, time to contact support and report these issues directly.
    That was a week ago. The issues haven't stopped, my system is brand new and working completely fine on some more unoptimized and graphically taxing games. (ARk, Black Desert and so on at max settings.)
    I'm trying to keep optimistic about it, hoping the problems will magically fix themselves. (Anyone got the number for Zatanna's game repair service?)
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

First of all: the initial issue is, that your FPS goes to 200. That shouldn't happen and is a waste of energy. Go into your graphicsdriver and limit it to 120 FPS if you have a 3D screen or 60 FPS for 2D. If you screen cna't do 60 FPS, then set it to whatever your screen can show.

NET Framework errors commonly occur in WIndows 10, which had been upgraded. Update or Reinstall NET Framework manually.

And Finally: I am quite certain that your graphiccard is a Nvidia GTX, am I right?
  3. Minrath Well-Known Player

this should be interesting..i been playing dcuo at 500+ fps constantly.I run dual nvidia 1060s,3 monitors, rainmeter, a movie set as my background, constantly playing, Surf the web, alot of the time watching youtube, using fraps, streaming dcuo across youtube and facebook and have no issues except when the server blows up like its been doing lately.So why would he dumb down his computer to run dcuo?
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm not sure about that comment - why let the graphiccard calculate 100 x more images than the monitor can display?

The PC might perform better over all when it doesn't have to downcalculate the insanely high FPS from the graphiccard for the monitor to display.

Or to be blunt: there is no point in having 200 FPS being put out by the graphiccard, when all your monitor can and wil show are 60 FPS. (some 3D monitors can do 120 FPS in 3D mode)
  5. Guy Streakerson Level 30

This is funny! DCUO does not go above 30 FPS!
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If Vsync is disabled, it will, but that can cause problems and thus I won't recommend it.