Future Nature Update: Devs this is for you!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CrappyHeals, Jan 29, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Thats a great idea for one method of natures weapon based combat and i take back my opinion about phasing out wolf after reading that.
    • Like x 1
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Just for clarification i want to add this. Some people think the only way i want nature or elec to play is with dots and thats not true they just misinterpret what im saying. This thread was mainly about how dots should function not about other methods of combat. Trust me I want there to be other ways to play not just dots cause we all know dots are not all to good on adds and when over geared for content, but what i want is for when you use dots i want them to work well and not be a hassle to play.
  3. Rammy Well-Known Player

I agree with Crappy completely on this. There's so many dps powers that nature players rarely, if ever use, that making a burst style doesn't have to touch the main dot powers at all.

With ams being gone roar and serpent's call won't be used. No one uses thorn shield because it's just a bad close range version of harvest. Impaling thorns is good, but being a finisher it's not used often because it's only good when your target's almost dead. No one uses nature's supercharges either for obvious reasons. All of these can changed without affecting the dot loadout much. Swarm, carnage, and voracious plants also seem like they could work well with just about any style of play.

Nature only has 2 problems right now on live. Low max dps compared to other powers and low damage during the setup time during quick fights. Making the dot style's max dps on par with everyone else's is just a simple damage buff. Having a separate burst play style means the dots slow startup time during quick fights is fixed by an armory and won't really be an issue.

Please don't change what makes nature nature.
    • Like x 2
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep that right there. Just simply adjust the dot damage and give us a burst option and natures fixed. Nothing else needs to be touched, there's no reason what so ever the power works just fine and it's prob one of the few powers that actually work fine and needs no changes to its playstyle. Sure we need a burst option but that's a super easy fix.
    • Like x 2
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

In the light of new changes at Test...
    At least one of our abilities will probably get scrapped/ changed to make room for a fast spam able 0,5sec ability. Hopefully that will be HiveMind and Roar. I really hope Serpent Call will stay and become a viable Dps ability.

As for Animal forms, they might get slightly better power regen and cooldowns than human form. This assumption is based at Sorcery's Arbiter of Destiny.
    Id like to see Wolf's old melee combo that was involving only melee attack Holds working more like how Shield's melee attacks work instead of the current fractured combos involving a number of melee Taps+ Hold which remind me more of Martial Arts.
    Id also like a third ranged Hold combo added to Wolf as well.