PftT vs. Hybrid: Power Regen

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Carbon Based Unit, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

One of the issues I have seen being discussed is having enough power regen in PftT. To be honest, getting the passive regen high enough for PftT does make it a bit overkill for Hybrid play. Obviously, weapon only is a non-issue in this context because the power use is minimized and the weapon use is maximized, so weapon-power regen is higher than use.

Has it ever been suggested to do non-weapon items in the weapon slot? Give everyone a new "weapon" skill called "None." A None item would have stats, drops, vendor gear, etc. But would be different from a weapon in that it has not attacks of its own. Have the buttons be power slots. Make the item into a carried PoT generator or you could make it so when those two powers are triggered, they also trigger/refresh a PoT. Then, instead of having any weapon attacks at all, the PftT player will have more powers and a different form of PoT regen than a weapon user.

It would be an item addition but in one of the Livecasts they talked about some new spreadsheets that made item creation a ton easier.

Just a thought. Do not know if it would work well, but I think it might give an option for working with balance between PftT and Hybrid.
    • Like x 5
  2. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Oooh, and even if it was not a PoT generator, you could just make it Power heavy. That ends up being the same thing in the end for a PftT player.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

That would be Am and again almost no jse for trolls. Controller got reduced to nothing by Am's and spam town healing becane thing.

One thing they need to do is get rid of reserve out where u get the white mods and delete it.
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Also I'll be on test this time when lights added.

Another thing I notice is a lot of villians on test and villians are bad in pve. Most of the time people I argue with Are villians and your side stinks at pve I got over there when people inv as a hero and it's horrible. I mean it's really bad like Idk if cuz 100 cr crap or they inv bare minium cr's and don't know mechanics
  5. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Testing is a nessisary evil, thus villians.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

the whole PftT discussion is weird if i think about PvP, unlimited power while spaming? really?
    • Like x 1
  7. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Yes, PvP is broken. They know it is broken. They have not come up with a solution and have admitted it. So perhaps come up with some ideas and throw them at the devs. Who knows, you might become the savior of PvP before it dies off completely.
  8. Juggurnaut Level 30

This is also what I was thinking. Because I don't think they will ever be able to balance a power playing from the tray to have enough power and using a controller. If you have enough power to continually use your powers there is no need for a controller. That's a simple fact. There is not really a way to "balance" that. So the only way I could see without having to use skill points to spec inyo power would be making a new weapon like you suggested. This weapon would not do any damage but instead could do a couple things.
    1. It could give the play from the tray person a lot of extra power (think reserve tank chest mod)
    2. It could create or boost the passive power regen and this would ensure hybrids couldn't use it because there is no damage available from this weapon.
    3. It would allow damages to still use their skill points for dps stats which seems to be the major aggravator at the moment. Stats can't matter if you have to choose power over your role stats.

Personally I am not a fan of play from the tray. The game was designed to be played as hybrid from the start. I don't know why they went in the direction with play from the tray ( I assumed they were trying to balance things more easily) but they really only added more work and made it worse. I think the deva could use all the ideas we can think of at this point. And I believe this is a great idea as it will allow play from the tray to be way more viable. And should require less balancing because of the "new weapon". You would only need to balance the stats on the weapon to make sure there is not too much power or not enough power.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

The reserve tank idea is a bad idea...

On live it's bugged and Idk why it does it but it messes up the whole group.

Idk if its the power pool is so big that it thinks u don't need the dump but when people wear it they don't get my recharge until it shows 15% of the bar thus making the troll scramble. Ive been in raids healer wearing it solo 2 trolls dumping old school n the heal never gets power.

That example above is exactly why I hate trolling. Power efficiency is the white chest mods heals n tanks should be using unless their a heal like celestial is using consecrated ground.

Maybe if when u wore reserve tank it made that persons bar 25% more power but shows it longer then everyone elses on the screen.

I think something bugs because it doesn't move as much but if they did that you'd really be able to fix it because that mod is so dam broke it's not funny. Gotta be something with the length and the code not registering correctly idk
    • Like x 1
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Overall the real goal should be playing with a controller being able Play from the tray and have enough.

Not running solo content and being able to do it otherwise then trolls giving power would be pointles and they'd only debuff and stun hear n there. If they did make them as strong as regular dps then ok but i don't see that happening.

I'm not against it but then they'd have to make trolls do as much damage as a dps but they'd be able to stun but that would be a major change to the game because people want to play from the tray all the time.

It can't be done because Am's work but to a certain degree but no balance.

My thoughts and the best way is the combo powers changed to might and keep am's and now balance it.

Then No Am's on other players in the open world and pvp would be like it is in 2v2 or 1v1 and drop the cap in pvp.

I've been a promoter of not wanting Am's but that's because 5 to 6 powers aren't just balanced and the others broke to me the op powers are good and the 5 weak ones should be buffed.

Overall I'll go wutever direction they go but playing from tray shouldn't destroy the controller role because people got used to Am's.

If they had a survey back with wm and the slew of people that left it would have never been put through. I left for 1.5 years because of it and my character wasn't mediocre I was probably the only one with everything because when I called support they looked and were in shock and actually said that. I shoulda got to enjoy gameplay being op but I didn't cuz it suked and there was nothing to do besides that and they broke it.

They shoulda had the top right corner as a 2nd weapon like they were originally going to do like huntress and joker in legends.

People got used to playing this way just like people liked the other and they still went through withit but one thing is evident we had more people playing because it wasn't cookie cutter and hey weren't making things more complicated like wut happneded with tunsos visions of am's and wm that nobody wanted which put the fane on a horrible.

Liberty and his stupid blues started the pvp woes. People complain I lose well that was the point til u got some gear and learned and then the clamp messed it up morr.

All bad decisions and it messed the game up way more the helping.

Pvp was there and so was gameplay. They just needed some good content and not major changes and that's wutbled to people leaving. The proof is in the past so go nack there and accept failure not create something completely different and if it fails this boat is going to sink this time.

Again there were more players back then and that's the proof and that is all that should be needed.
  11. The Dackman New Player

I have had pretty good results on pftt getting power back. I have modded power wherever it will go and have been taking the extra 5% power on the chest mod. Then after buying all the critical attack and damage bonus I have been putting 75 SP into power and the rest into might. I have then made sure to have a good mix of low cost to high cost powers. Over spamming powers is where the issues come in. The only 2 powers in pftt I have had problems with are gadgets (because not enough power interactions work together ) & atomic doing combos (because the combos have lost all CC effects so you are knocked out of them easily) I still have sorcery to test but right now I think the others (ice, mental, and electric ) work pretty well in the pftt scenario.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Reserve Tank doesn't allow instant power to go past your base power pool. PoT does, but instant does not. It doesn't mess up the group, but it does mess with a controller's power feed. Since he can never top off your power.
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Wut I want them to do is just make the powerbar longer for it or something. It is broke and seriously Trolling for a heal wearing that u might as well not have a troll. Idk eactly wut it causes but anyone that needs power notices when it's worn.

Messes up the whole groups power Because you can't give power correctly so it messes everyone up. Trolls job is managing power too and have this happen in dwf with the zeta blast and your done. Basically you just keep dumping and no matter wut it doesn't do squat for that heal. U can be like all well and do your normal thing and then ur team wipes or keep trying n then u don't have power to give because you wasted it all trying to do it.

Idk wut they need to fix I just know what it feels like.

If anyone wears this change it to power efficiency please.

Trying to fill a teamate up with an instant dump it skips then constantly.

Yes i know it doesn't make it longer but I was giving ideas to get it to work.
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

For these reasons I don't want them exploring any avenue like this because they can't get this right.
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Not bugged on live. That was fixed years ago. Power dump priority goes by actual value not %.
  16. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I know they tried fixing it and it didn't work. Play healer and play troll with that situation. When people wear it the dang instant doesn't go to the healer until a sliver of their bar. Ex 15 to 20% isn't topping someone off. The mod was still broke after they fixed it.

Idk what you guys have been playing but it's clearly known with everyone I play with.

I never understood why people were having problems with dwf then I go over to villian side and went in there. Holy Crap

Idk need to prove I'm right because I know it's broke.

If ur trolling with one heal wearing it and their nature they might be able to get away with it. Celestial maybe but ur not relying on the troll.

Electric and Sorcery you might as well disband if their soloing anything.

If you have 2 heals you'll notice the one is always out of power and guess what everytime you inspect bam they're wearing reserve tank.

I'll notice within the first 4 secs of playing because you can feel it if you donthis everyday. It's not fixed and whatever they did didn't fix it.

If your a troll and you have a feeling something is weird with power guess wut most likely one of your healers is wearing it.

When DwF came out you needed to manage your supers according to the zeta bursts. Someone wearing that in there you might as well not dump.

Someone changes the color of blue to green and calls it green means it's still blue.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I used to argue wit my one boy cuz he swears by it. I just stopped trolling for him over it and couple months later I get a message saying I know wut you mean now.

Whoever put the code in to fix it did it incorrectly or the thought behind it still didn't work.

Looking at the mod it's a great idea but the description should say you will have alot of power but intended for when you have no troll because it's like you don't have one.

When you're a troll and your throwing supercharge after supercharge and dump after dump and the heal isn't spamming. It's reserve tank

This exact subject is why I check when people say stuff on the forum.
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I've ran reserve tank since before it even got fixed til now. And I've trolled every piece of content including SM R1-13'ish and certain elite raids using 44sp while having said reserve tank. I even uploaded a vid of KCT and one of the SM rounds I trolled with all of my sp in, dumping off of cooldown without having to use weapon mastery because I had over a 17k power pool and had the group sitting at 85-90% the entire time without even trying besides the elec healer I told to spam purposely who was sitting at like 20%. The celestial was sitting at like 35-40% even spamming their combos.
    • Like x 1
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

At certain points, you can actually see the healers and me doing nothing but single tap dump throughout the entire run.
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

just a Reply on the Reserve Tank mod. (hint: it's not broken)