Episode Packs worth it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marvin_Mayhem, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Marvin_Mayhem New Player

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, but it's been so long that I'm practically a newbie again. With the episode packs on sale, I'm tempted to bite. However, with the boost to CR 100, I'm wondering if there's any point.

Your thoughts? Maybe I've checked out of the game too long. I'm having a hard time getting back into it, and if the boost to CR 100 has eliminated the gear you would be grinding for in those episode packs, I'll probably pass.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Kzinti Committed Player

I used the boost to 100, then used the open eps to get to cr 113, then bought the episode pack 15-26 for $13
  3. Crows Well-Known Player

I mean if you don't want to play lower content, and don't care for all the feats and styles you're going to be missing w/o them then no it's not, but if you do then yeah you should get it, that or membership.
    • Like x 1
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

save yourself some money and go legendary :)
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Bundles come with more than just content. For instance, the Ultimate Edition bundle comes with "The Power Bundle featuring eight Super Powers! Skimming movement mode Access to the Shield weapon, Utility Belts and the Lair System!"

Episode Packs come with content only. In which case, you'd be missing out on feats and styles that don't come with the CR skip, as well as a huge chunk of the storyline for current and future content. The CR skip also propels you past free content to the beginning of Tier 6 ... free content ends for the most part at Tier 3.

So, between Packs and Bundles, go for the Bundles. I think the better question is, is it worth being Legendary, or paying as you go. Basic things other players will expect you to have, even if you're Premium, at the bare minimum, is the Lair system one paid Armory per character, and a way of paying for your own repairs without begging to trade. In little ways, they made Premium very expensive. Not just with things being sold separately, but also by artificially stuffing your inventory and countless other little things. It may be attractive to only spend a little, but the further you go down that road, the harder it is to get off it. They use tactics to make sure you will spend more than it would have been to get a full subscription, without the benefits. otoh, you get $5 worth of replays, and $5 worth of loyalty per month, for a subscription that's less than $10 if you lock in to that rate.

Check out the guide: When you drop Legendary or When you become Legendary
    Don't forget to look at the side-by-side comparison in the Appendix and take a look at the FAQ.
    • Like x 1
  6. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Epi bundle 1 = the holes in T2-3 ur missing as a free player. (central city also?)
    Epi bundle 2 = T5 (Gotham wasteland and Metro Battlezone?)
    Epi bundle 3 = T6-some beginner T7 stuff. (Gotham under Siege, New Genesis, More Metro BZ?)

CR100(99) is start of T6. Do you need the previous bundle? No... but there is a ton of style feats and open world feats you dont get with boost to 100. Not to mention the raids are pretty mandatory for grinding marks.

Even if u buy all that you will still need more...Lair system, more episode to unlock the higher vendors. Then there are things u just lose out on without being subbed, timers, replays, loyalty points, broker...

I've been buying little by little and I have fun but im def missing out on stuff. If ur just coming back to game my advice is easy, ABORT. The game is radicly changing soon so spending ur money now would be stupid. Find out if you enjoy it after the revamp.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's still worth getting those episodes for the feats associated with them. The gear may no longer be relevant stats-wise, but there's still the style (in case you enjoy changing your look. Some do :), some don't o_O.), and feat points associated with style sets.
  8. Red Jenni Loyal Player

First, the boost to cr 100 costs money. We were given a free boost (or 2 for members) as an Anniversary gift, but any more will cost you. If its been so long since you've played, you must already know the content involved before cr 100 and know what you'll be skipping or won't have access to (as a side note, when my legendary ran out I was surprised to see electricity was not available). That being said, I too, have just started playing again after an extended absence, and while starting from scratch may sound good now, you might just want to give it a week or playing the new toon before making any decisions or commitments. I personally found that my interest in starting over with a different power didn't last very long. I put in a lot of work, and just don't want to do it again.
  9. SpyderBite Active Player

Go Legendary unless you're only planning on playing for a brief period such as waiting for another game or what not. Even so $15 for a month is still a great deal for all the content, styles, powers etc.
  10. Vic Zangief New Player

I just saw this through my email too. I quit back when Fight for the Light first came out.

Would any of these packs be useful for when I decide not to be legendary anymore. I'm still premium atm and YEARS behind.
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

SUBSCRIBE AND GET ACCESS TO EVERYTHING***