Jackster: Lifetime Legenedary Sale again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

Jackster, given your history with successful MMO's such as City of Heroes, Star Trek Online and the such, I would like to propose this idea to come back to DCUO.

I also play Star Trek Online and am a big fan of the game. I bought the Lifetime Legendary for STO around the same time as I did for DCUO. As you well know, STO still has this option available for purchase, whereas DCUO does not.

Do you think you would be willing to look into integrating the Lifetime Legendary perk into DCUO again? It was only available for a limited time during the game launch.

Currently I believe there is a lot more players around now than then and would love to benefit from this opportunity. I would also express that XBone did not get to have this option available at all.

I don't have all the reasons why it would or would not benefit the player base as I am not a data miner.

However, being a DCUO players since Day one (beta even) coming from SW:G, I think that this would be agreat way to secure a strong player base and make them happy to throw more money our way.

Would love to read your thoughts on this, Jackster.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

Magician
    • Like x 17
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I would spend $200+ on a lifetime sub if the option was available, definitely. It's not like we're getting our $15 a month worth anymore :rolleyes:
    • Like x 19
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Purchasing TC wouldn't be a problem then, lol, wouldn't mind the extra from not having to pay the sub monthly.
    • Like x 1
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Great idea. I'd like to see this. Besides, it would indirectly help their sales for time capsules. People wouldn't spend money paying monthly and could just buy stabilizers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Menelaos Dedicated Player

If this ever become an option, I think the guesstimates on cost thus far have been low.

Regards,
    M
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

hm idk, i feel like the moment they offer lifetime membership for dcuo again its like the unofficial announcement of server shutdown... at least for me.
    • Like x 7
  7. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

I would pay for a lifetime sub it would benefit me and the game
    • Like x 2
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

There was a lifetime option back when the game started and the servers didnt shutdown. It doesnt has to mean what you believe it could mean. As op stated look at the games Mag mentioned, they have this for a long time and it works just fine for them.
    • Like x 3
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

Irregardless of the real motives, this coming out of the blue would be seen as just the latest in the long line of money grubbing schemes in the current climate.

The trust has gone.
    • Like x 4
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

at this point, i'd just buy the lifetime sub, so i can stop playing this game and just pick it up when i feel like it instead of having to make sure i got my months worth.
    • Like x 4
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think they should drop the price down to from 15 to 10 instead the games been around for 6 years if they added a lifetime subscription to Playstation now I really don't think many people would buy it most would think the game was going to close and it was a quick cash grab.
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It would have to come with some serious extra "bling" for it to be successful. Not to mention they really do need to revisit the Membership perks. They are rather dated at this point. I'm not saying for a complete overhaul by any means but something as simple as "1 Stabilizer per run instead of 6 Stabilizer Fragments" along with a few other small changes to make Membership feel more valuable. The amount of nickel and diming direction the game took in the last 6 months has sadly devalued Membership.

I'd also imagine the price tag on a Lifetime Account that was released at this time would be closer to $300-$350 instead of $200.
    • Like x 2
  13. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

can someone tell me what was the Lifetime Legendary perk? how much it cost and what did you get from it? I at that point did not even bothered to look, the second my 30 days was over i returned the game. i was not gonna play monthly to play,
  14. Magician Dedicated Player

Lifetime Legendary membership includes:

- Access to all DLC packs, both currently released and future releases

- 500 Station Cash Every Month (usable in all SOE games, not just DCUO)

- 150 Free Replay Badges every month

- Unlimited Promethium Lockbox unlocks

- Extra Inventory Space

- One cost to play, once.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

It was an option for the PC Master race, as we didn't have the deal with the PlayStation store. There was some conflict with wallet sizes that prevented it from being available to them. It was $200 (in addition to the $60 we had already dropped on the disc) and granted a sub to the game in perpetuity. Once they changed to the All-Access model, we lifetimers were granted the perks of that for the life of DCUO.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

I disagree with so many statements in this^ post so ill just ask one question, how much longer do u think this game will be up and running? Also i think many people would be hesitant to buy a lifetime sub to a 6yr old game.
    • Like x 6
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

Don't think it would be possible even if they wanted to bring it back due to the cash cap on PSN. I don't know what it is for XBL.
  18. Kokeshi New Player

Not a word, and if it were the meaning would be the opposite of what you are trying to say. The word you are looking for is regardless.
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Get a dictionary, consult it, and then come back.
    • Like x 1
  20. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

not for me. ill sud, here and there. when there is something worth my time. $200 for a lifetime now...nope.
    • Like x 1