T7 duos RANT well sort of anyway

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jan 29, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was getting bored running the same few pieces of T8 content that ward coins so i grabbed an old rage DPS/TANK I had lost interest in and decided to play some thing OLD for a while. DID I use the anniversary gift and get her to CR 100? Why yes I did but I already had her at CR 93 when I did it and between the SP I already had and the 60 they GAVE me I wound up with 84. not just 60. It's been interesting since then.. OMG if you have not had the unique experience of playing with a group of brand new CR 100 let me tell you .. it can be scary.

But that isn't what this is about.

At present I am at CR 143 and doing everything available to grab better gear and more marks .. including the anniversary event. One thing that has me puzzled and a little frustrated are the T7 duos (as the title states)

For the past few days I keep running into the same sort of players so today I actually took time and wrote down some results:

Malfunction [available at Cr 111 Recommended CR 117] Team mate was CR 120 HEALER I did 3.2 Million in damage to 0.6 million. Now of course that looks bad but compared to some others the healer did a nice job keeping us both alive and we moved fairly quickly through the whole duo

Resource Recovery [available at 111 Recommended CR 121] Team mate was a CR 117 DPS and I did 2.9 million in damage to 0.5 .. please note that the CR 117 DPS did close to 100,000 less damage on THIS duo than a CR 120 NATURAL healer did on Malfunction. And yes this took a while and YES it definitely felt like I soloed the thing.

Zamaron Corrupted [available at CR 113 Recommended CR 129] Okay this one has two parts .. It was the very first duo I Qed up and entered today and my "team mate" was a CR 112 TANK. there are NO damage figures for that mission because it upset me so much I not only turned around and walked right back out .. i logged off and watched a movie on Netflix. On attempt number two I had a CR 120 DPS as my team mate and I did 2.2 million in damage to his 0.6 million.

Flash Museum [available at CR 113 Recommended CR 134] My team mate was a CR 133 DPS I did 1.9 million to his 1.5 million and THIS was the ONLY duo all day where i actually felt like I HAD a team mate at all. It was also apparently the first time the guy ran the thing because I went back through with him and helped him find all the briefings and pop all the balloons for that Feat.

Now where it gets really good. At the end of each duo I typed in "Thanks for the team" On two of those duos my team mate was gone so fast he never even SAW it (oh and in case you are wondering.. those were the Malfunction and the Resource Recovery duos where overall I out damaged my team mates 6.1 Million to 1.1 million) On the Zamaron Duo the guy just typed in LOL and warped out. THE ONLY GUY that thanked me back was the one on the Flash Museum .. you know the guy that did just about as much damage as I did. Oh and allow me to make a small plug.. The guy on the Museum was also the ONLY villain I teamed with on any of them.

The reason I even bring it up? The same crap has been going on for days with this character in lower tier content. Heck i have even out damaged some players on T6 content that had higher CR than I did and then got the exact same sort of results.. Left without saying a word. Now I am not so sensitive that I need a big hug and a thank you after I carry your BUTT from one end to another but .. what I am seeing is a trend where it seems more and more players just expect to be CARRIED. I mean come on a 112 TANK in Zamaron? And exactly how many seconds did he expect to hold agro before he died?
    • Like x 3
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

on behalf of all players everywhere thank you for carrying us.
    • Like x 1
  3. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

yeah I understand the frustration on both sides. It just makes me feel bad during the times when I'm forced to go into new content because It's the only way to get guaranteed marks/gear to catch up and more effectively be of service in the harder 8player raids. I've gotten into the habit of mostly enjoying running lower tiers with my 140+ char, but the chances of getting a single mark in the loot drops is abysmal. Better than it was last year (well at least being able to choose from 3 randomly generated prizes), but still pretty low.

Went into the demon's pit duo as a 140 cel healer with a 131 dps, and each iconic fight was around 5-15 long. I really grew a distaste for the fire alchemists after that round. Oddly enough it was one of first runs with a lower player where the person actually apologized for messing up and leaving me to deal with every boss fight alone. I've sadly come to expect the silent treatment, but I usually just leave an emote before leaving regardless.
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

yeah but my RAGE DPS's back is sore and MY fingers are tired from banging on my keyboard. LOL The thing that I wonder about is how many of these people I have dealt with the past couple days.. are a direct product of the anniversary free upgrade to 100 CR deal? I was at CR 93 when that became available and used it to get to Gotham Under Siege a little faster. And now I am at CR 145 but then again I KNOW how to play the game and how to level. It is possible at least some of those people are BRAND new to the game and just have no clue.

Hey I related this story in another thread a few days ago.... I was finishing up in Metropolis Battle Zone (defeated my Orange lanterns and Star Sapphires) and a plea for help came out over shout. A guy had discovered the old glitch they never foud a fix for and was trapped UNDER the map. I told him to just pull up his map and warp to the rally point. That way he'd be back above ground and still in zone if he had more missions to do.

DEAD silence for a bit and then I got a tell.... "HOW do I pull up my map?" OMG so I had to explain to a guy at about CR 105 running the same missions I just finished how to type "M" while not in the chat box and the area map would appear and THEN directed his attention to the top left corner and told him to click the box marked .. Rally Point. YEAH a minute later he was free and a minute after that I realized this guy was brand new to the game with one of those instant 100 CR alts and if he'd been in Gotham could easily have been asking "How do i get to Metropolis?" Man had no clue....

Scary part? If he manages to get carried enough he could be doing end game content in a couple weeks and still not even have a firm handle on how to READ the map. That boost wasn't a terrible idea for vets with alts but for a BRAND new player? BAD BAD IDEA! /smacks idea on the nose with rolled up newspaper and waves my finger in its face. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

put lots of mysterious briefs in your league hall and run the league hall alert.

cracks me up watching new playing chase them around trying to collect them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Menelaos Dedicated Player

HA! I feel for you...

I have a few toons on the Villain side Quantum 189, Sorc 187, Celes 187 & Nature 186...but I used the token on a Hero just for a change. Like you, my hero was already CR86 so it was a minimal boost to 100. I have since ran some content here and there when bored and gotten to 128.

So I to into Flash Museum and I see a 130 so I thought to myself "cool, we got this". But this guy/gal doesn't move and I wait a second just to read "Leave, you are too low and I am not here to carry you" .... You can guess my reaction to this... he's 2CR's higher and this is FLASH MUSEUM!!!

I decided to stay and just stand there until he/she finally left. I was not going to leave....*sigh*

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  7. mablong New Player

Coming from the other side, none of 180+ CR people I've met in the duty finder in the past couple of days said anything, too (I'm CR 100 boosted from CR 70 or so, returning player). No, wait, one said "gg", I think :D
  8. Swamarian Committed Player

I did Flash Museum last night. Entered, flew to GA and took him out, and looked at the scoreboard. I was 4th highest (out of 7) and it took an hour, all told. I think that the other player was a bit miffed at me when I joked about it being a quick 2 marks.