5-1-1-1 Vision for DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

So Revamp 1.3 has been redirected to focus on creating content for these 5 dps and 1 of each support role setups.

I think the overall point is that the Devs are supporting an under-skilled community that focuses the majority of content based off of one role.

99% of groups are going to enforce the 5-1-1-1 setup due to the convenience. Therefore, this will not force players to learn and become more proficient in both roles.

What the community and Developers need to understand is by LEARNING BOTH ROLES you make yourself a more complete and competent player as you begin to understand and conceptualize how each role in the raid contributes to the overall effectiveness during the instance.

For example: If I am an experienced healer, but yet I find my self as a Damager in the instance I will know or pay attention to where and when to avoid damage from NPC's so that I can relieve pressure on the healer which strengthens the success rate of the group for that instance.

Overtime, this current concept pushes the support roles to carry the load and as a result will turn them away from playing the game.
    • Like x 2
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I know theres the whole "wait to try it out for yourself" thing but really everything I just read on the testing forums is just sad. all of it.
  3. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

There's no one issue...there are multiple known and unknown factors that contribute.

I really wish people would stop this 5-1 stuff. People can use whatever party makeup they want. And different situations call for different makeups.

Too many factors determine a groups setup. Not to mention plenty of 5-1 groups fail.

Changing a buncha things around isn't just gonna make people learn their roles all of a sudden and start going 2-2, not to mention it's none of your business how people play anyway.

People should be able to 5-1, 3-2, 2-6 or whatever combination of roles they'd like to try.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Was said that skilled groups would be able to pull off 5-1-1-1 but most groups will have to bring extra support.
    • Like x 3
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

But are you really learning the role if there is another non-DPS running it with you? It's just training wheels to double up.
    • Like x 4
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

The average pug will not be able to execute 5-1-1-1 in a normal geared environment with the given tools that test server offers right now. The new concept is to offer alternative gameplay when 2-2-2-2 isnt possible to form due to absence of roles as 2-2-2-2 enforcement from one day to another would cause major issue in the playerbase having a hugh lack of support roles on content to play which causes long-term problems.

They trying to offer alternatives for those who are capable of. I can assure the majority won't be able to break massively out of the solo support only concept throughout different raid content. We will see lots of pugs with 2 healers, 1-2 trolls and a tank as people will quickly realize its quite convinient to have extra support to ensure less of a wipe chance on encounters by also sustaining a good chunk of damage since support has a major impact on damage now.

You guys should check it out. I done solos and duos in full support specs barely slowler than as in full DPS spec. People still comparing things to live that are incomparable. The Test Server is free for everyone who can get access to a toaster pc.
    • Like x 8
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

OP Is also preaching non-battery for trolls in another thread, so apparently he thinks it takes two trolls to throw a debuff lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

When that one role makes up an overwhelmingly majority of the playerbase then it makes sense to develop content 5-1-1-1. Besides most good players would rather solo heal or solo troll.
  10. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

1. No citation needed if you simply read the testing feedback Avair put up.

2. The only people contradicting themselves has been the Dev crew since they announced STATS MATTER in August.

3. This is suppose to be a 'Community" so yes playing with those same players is kind of the point.
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

i think that ppl play 5-1-1-1 just to finish raids more fast because the game actually offer all the conditions to play 2-2-2-2. I don't know how ppl have played raids before 2013 and i don't really know if this forced formation, according to the state of the game now, would be acccepted.

Regarding 2-2-2-2, i prefer to be optimistic.
  12. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

That's a pretty large assumption you are making.

It should be pretty easy to understand that I am in argument for the education of support roles.

If you have every played with me you would know that I have ZERO issues with solo trolling.

My issue is that the culture has not allowed other players to develop their skill in support roles which hurts the community as a whole.
  13. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

This statement is so asinine.

If you actually comprehended my thread you would realize that it was about not having the troll as a MAIN FOCUS of just power but ALSO allowing the CONTROLLER to have the realistic capability to CONTROL, GIVE POWER, DEBUFF, and conduct pickups.

Currently I CAN currently do this in game and I want that option to continue.

The ISSUE is that the content that is Live and the Test Server is pushing a community more and more towards Damage which does not incentivize people to learn their support role like it did when the game first came out.
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No offense intended to you solowing, but it was amazing how many people completely glazed over that part of the announcement yesterday regarding the 5-1-1-1.
    Elusian also hit the nail on the head. People need to stop comparing Live to Test. 5-1-1-1 on Test is going to be a different beast compared to 5-1-1-1 on Live.
    • Like x 4
  15. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

I hope you are right. It's way to early to tell at this point.

If the content can enforce a 2-4 setup for inexperienced players then RIGHT ON.

But history has shown otherwise
  16. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Oh I read that part ad understand it. The problem is whether I believe it to be given the history of this game.

The history has shown that this is accomplished by Great Players carrying not so great players
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

The only problem I see this causing is us as players getting extremely easy content going forward to accomodate.

As you know the devs themselves arent "skilled" in the game
  18. BlaqStarr New Player

The bigger issue is it seems like the development is all over the place. There doesn't seem to be a definitive direction as how this game should be. Content is all over the place, story arcs aren't fluid to follow, powers are being reworked for balance which is always going to be a mess because how the powers were designed in the first place...you can't fix/adjust a role without disrupting the support role that is attached to it and vice versa due to the roles being interwoven into each other unnecessarily. If the player base truly wants to get away from the 5-1-1-1 setup then they're gonna have to make support roles MORE IMPORTANT than DPS. Supports roles should be the helm not the other way around. For example, tanks have "breakout immunites for up to 7 teammates"....but when/how often do tanks NEED to use it to break the team out of being CC'd?? If they made support roles more functional and content to reflect the usage of support roles then the 5-1-1-1 setup would be less appealing. There is absolutely no reason why any support role should have abilities that shouldn't be used in content. IMO...the only time a 5-1-1-1 setup should be usaged is when you're over geared for that content, but the initial release of any content we should need a 2-2-2-2 setup.
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

So I guess you downloaded the game, turned it on, created a character and we're immediately beast mode? Come on man instead of posting 1000 threads get out there and teach newer players if your so concerned about the lack of skills in the player base
    • Like x 3
  20. Rogue Pioneer Level 30

This the exact reason I oppose dps role all together because everyone in the game does it so we are pretty much forced to dps until high level content and then play our prefered role or stock up on both gear which doesnt really work with one armory all of this could be solved by giving each power 1 role and instead of having a role that henders all other useless why not have three roles that does what that role does because take away a dps' damage they are useless to the content beside damage which everyone else in the group would be doing if they had the same stats