STAT REVAMP AS A WHOLE SO FAR

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by HEALER35, Jan 23, 2017.

1. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

Hello hero's and villain's I open this thread to get feedback and opinions on the stat revamp so far. Can all testers and non-testers give your opinion and point of view on powers that are out on test right now and how you feel about the revamp so far.

Also, do you see a balance in the powers somewhat and what power is performing good and what power is performing bad.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Or you can just go read the testing feedback
    • Like x 12
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

I'm sure he can't since he busted his keyboard writing the topic, so it would be a problem to make a character that way.

EDIT: lol I read it as go and test yourself and not go read it, sorry.
    • Like x 1
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

healer, there are more than enough threads that speak about the revamp, we don't need one more, specially made by someone who hasn't even tested and even more a thread that's not even on the testing forum. I will report this thread not to do you harm, but because I don't see how it's necessary to have another one, and right now we can't even say anything because we're not currently testing Stats either.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Exactly.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Alternately, we could save the test threads for actual test feedback and keep general discussion/opinion in threads like this one
    • Like x 1
  7. IamINC Dedicated Player

Once upon a time , a development team attempted to initiate an update that the community were really hopeful for.

It failed.

The end.
    • Like x 7
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Its just a bunch of random changes and long cool downs nothing really to see.
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I'd like "Things that are terrible" for $100, Alex.
    • Like x 1
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I think it's bad. The developers should feel bad.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

I actually think it's really good. It's not done yet, but it's better than what's on live in a lot of ways. Supercharges are worth using. There are a lot more choices available in terms of load out and play style.

The cool downs aren't long anymore, except maybe for some of the heals. They need to fix shields, but I'm sure they're adjusting that. And that right there is what all the whiners are ignoring: the current development team is actually listening to feedback and making changes, rather than rushing it out half-baked and forcing something on everyone like in the bad old days.
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

Your optimism is precious.
  13. L T Devoted Player

and your snark contributes less than nothing to this conversation. GO AWAY TROLL!
    • Like x 1
  14. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

It's all a matter of your own personal

Perception
    • Like x 3
  15. Fies Committed Player

An update to SCs could have been done anytime during the last 2+ years (as well as hotfixing nature+elec). Nonetheless lots of SCs are worth using already. "More choices" is only your perception. There ll always be pretty standard "best"/most effective rotations and weapon choices. You can make unideal "choices" on live already btw.
    How do you think Powers will be balanced with all your "freedom of choice" when Devs werent even able to balance standard AM rotations?
    Ofc they arent rushing out anything atm but thats bc they just dont have anything to rush out in the first place. The rebalancing and fine-tuning of whatever they decide to go with will take until the game shuts down in 2018 anyways.
  16. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, preparations A through G were a fail, but on the whole, I think preparation H will feel pretty good:)
    • Like x 1
  17. xD25x Dedicated Player

Couldn't agree more. There will be optimal rotations after the revamp just like on live right now. Players thought we were getting choices but in all honesty what's on test is just another am. Supercharges, besides grand summoning and biggun, have been underperforming for al ong time. They could have Hotfixed those whenever they wanted. They didn't want too until they put the supercharge mods in time capsules. As for rushing anything out. Jeez they took a 6 months break from releasing content. What have we got in the past 6 months? Hmmmm lemme see. 3 time capsules. I repeat 3 time capsules. 1 booster bundle. A poorly designed anniversary event that feels rushed and was marketed as a gift, that you need replays to finish. And a poorly thought out 6 powers on test that drastically changes many core functions of those powers and roles.
    • Like x 2
  18. Roocck Committed Player

Time always repeats itself

Time will tell.
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You have to much faith in a company that has had no clue on how to balance any aspect of this game from the beginning til the current mess. You comment on SC are worth using now. You must elaborate on this, please.

This is not at you. People need to read between the lines.
  20. L T Devoted Player

That's a fair point. If all they did was tweak Supercharges, Nature, and Electric though, we'd be stuck with CR differential, which is more or less ridiculous the way it works.
    See Avair's latest post about various playstyles. It's pretty obvious to me that these different playstyles (weapon-heavy, tray heavy, balanced) were intended to be viable in the last two go-arounds. Currently there are a few power sets that have any kind of flexibility with respect to load-out and almost none give you any real choice of play style. With stats matter all the powers will have multiple ways to play them.
    You may be right. I might be being glass-half-full here. But in the last go-around ice, mental, atomic, and electric were all pretty well balanced damage-wise. Electric lost out by a bit because of weakish supercharges, but I think Spord was going to take a look at Circuit Breaker at least. Sorcery was only balanced against the other powers if you used all your skill points playing the other powers (because pets are still CR based). Gadgets was a work in progress and we'll leave it at that. Still very little seemed out of whack.
    On Live right now there is almost no damage supercharge that's worth the time to cast it. They're all a DPS loss vs just continuing your AM. On test there are lots of Supercharges that provide a nice damage boost (radiation burn, atomic blast, blizzard, all of Sorcery's supercharges, bolt barrage, mass hysteria, both of gadgets' supercharges). Plus with the blue power bar once again at a premium, it's valuable to have an ability that doesn't drain it. On top of that finisher powers are worth using again.
    • Like x 1