Launchpad Error

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Janluc123, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Janluc123 New Player

I keep getting an Error saying:
    "The Downloaded File is incomplete or corrupted. An Update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 mins"
    but there doesn't appear to be an update in progress. I've checked the forums and looked for a solution and I've tried.

1. Disabling my Firewall
    2. Reinstalling the game various times.
    3.Giving full Permissions to users.
    4. Deleting Launchpad.libs folder and Launchpad.cache folder.

I have no idea what else to do.

In the .Downloaderror.txt file it seems to state what the issue is, but I have no way to fix it.

Mon Jan 09 17:41:29 2017: BadFileSig - UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/CHARACTER/GEARGROUP/PANTS/DPANTSATROCITOUSRAIDSPR.UPK - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...4d4/4911e59c1f67d767dd7b0fe431944521346?cb=JD
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

This can be caused by various things.

1. Contact Daybreak Games support
    2. Install or update:
    C++ Runtime libray
    NET Framework
    Direct x
    3. I am not sure what you mean with full permissions, but in most windows, you can right click the Launchpad.exe and choose "run as administrator"
    4. You have plenty of harddrive space and more than 20% of the total space free?

Additionally:
    Internet explorer ( free of proxies and malware/adware)
    • Like x 1
  3. Mdkirk95 New Player

Oddly enough, I attempted to re-install the game via the main websites installer (steam was giving me launching issues after full installation), & ironically this lead to a separate issue all-together as the specific file the OP has logged is what's also giving me issues via the launchpad. Haven't found any clear-cut answers that remedy this situation on the forums, but @LadyLightning I've seen you respond to most posts related to this problem, thanks a bunch for trying to help us out! Submitted a ticket, as re-installing my C++ Runtime Library, updating my Framework & ensuring that my Direct X was up to date while running the launcher as administrator seems to have no effect on the launcher itself being unable to create said DPANTSATROCITOUSRAIDSPR.UPK.

Wish there was a repository for source files such as this where those experiencing installation issues could download from to continue the installation process, though any staff posting files within the game on a public forum would probably be a breach of their NDA's so it's understandable that there aren't really any posts with staff & players posting missing files. Guess some of us will have to just wait it out for support. Hoping for the best!
  4. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

Go to the folder of the file, and if you see it there, just delete it. The launchpad will check the files and proceed to download it again.