Dev's Please Read I Have A Great Idea

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CrappyHeals, Jan 15, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Taking the dots away from elec has me furious and when that happens to nature I'll never be allowed on the forums again lol. Also I won't be playing the game then either.
    • Like x 3
  2. Trick Dacy Active Player

you know me man. ill delete my gear and my toons on video and post a link of it to the devs. i know that we wont be the only people out the door for good if they keep moving forward with this
    • Like x 1
  3. Trick Dacy Active Player

how can they not see how doing thisngs like this have had nothing but a negative impact in the past and cost them to lose profit. i mean how can you not learn from this and listen to what we want. the new CEO said remove WM AM CR open power trees up and thats all he said and everyone was on there feet hyped up for the OLD DCUO COMING BACK! even old players who have been gone since WM dropped talked about coming back. then we got this garbage on test and just pooped all over everything. not only are those players not coming back now. but current players are fed up after years of this and are going to be out the door. who runs this place? did this guy not learn from what happend on star wars gallaxies? just DERP!
    • Like x 1
  4. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I think it would be an elegant solution to take away WM, AM (damage), and cr differential, yet at the same time offer players a legitimate (but BALANCED) option for playing from the tray. I suppose a lot of ppl did leave when WM and AMs were introduced, but there are still quite a few ppl happy with playing with their powers the way they are now. I think this game will need to find an amicable medium for both sides. Everyone can then play the way they want. It seems though that balance has ALWAYS been difficult for them. Thats why even now on live NOTHING is balanced. There is nothing an Electric dps can possibly do to rival an equally skilled munitions or mental player in damage, NOTHING at all. This is tragic considering the number of updates and changes the game has recieved. Look at what we have been though up till now. Im scared of whats going to happen with these most recent changes. The old players dont like it, and the new ones dont either... Can they even do this guys?
    • Like x 1
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

Nerfing resto wont help getting 2 healers into groups, and would make many groups demand high SP healers that can solo heal instead of just taking 2 healers in. I think healing needs to be looked at beyond the same old "keep us alive", and more into "give us strength. Healers can't be the only thing healing players so I believe there should passive healing when a healer is in the group, with 2 healers means 1 healer can do things like keep shields up and healing dump, while the other can stay as back up and help deal damage.

Trolls also need to be more than just batteries, as is bosses and adds had way too much health and that needs to change. Now on solo content and duos the situation shouldn't call for a support role ever, in an alert it should only call for a battery, but raids are another deal which is where a trolls job of battery ends and control begins. Their debuffs need to make some real effect, so must their CC, if a troll stuns and add the tank should be more than able to pull it before the stun wears off. I'm honestly tired of seeing defense and damage debuffs have next to no effect in the game, this needs to change and we need to move on from the "Controls are mainly for power" idea.

And damage, well I've been very vocal about the issue with Electric so honestly I'm not even going to get into that. Just say this, time to be honest devs, you know it's not possible to have a full tray rotation without putting some SP into power which already goes against everything you said SP trees would be like back in July, so please just tell us you don't actually want us to play from the tray and expect us to use Weapons at all times like before (which keep in mind lead to GU 36), because as long as we have to divide SP into 3 perks to run a good DPS rotation, and still need weapon taps (btw I don't mind needing them on Raids, however putting 50 adds on top of a boss isn't balance either) to run that tray rotation isn't either what you said DPS would be like for stats. In fact I don't think a single thing you said back then actually came to be, besides the actual UI change and stats.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I still find it strange that u think millions of people play this game. Its extremely inaccurate. Also have u been on the test server and tested the revamp? If not then tbh i dont think your opinion has any credibility with this topic. If u have tested it then ok but many of us disagree with your opinion. Also u somehow think that just because some people ingame dont come on here and post that it means they like whats on test. That is far from truthful. I can tell u that my entire league and the other league we share discord with have all been on test and all of us are in agreement that we dislike what is on test atm. Its about 60 people. Out of that 60 4 of us post on here.

And im sorry, but master of his weapons? So u mastered hitting hold hold huh? And your mechanics are awesome? So hitting 1234 is somehow awesome and takes a great amount of skill? And i was cool with u staying in character for awhile because it was funny. It isnt anymore. Because u just insult people lately with your peons and two pump chump comments. And i dont think some people appreciate u talking about their mothers, wives, and sisters being pleasured. Grow up.
    • Like x 4
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

While taking down AM may be good. It is not good unless the other "Love Tap" powers are brought back up to actually do damage.
    Otherwise Current Toons w AM will be useless in the Revamp.
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

http://www.dcuolive.com/Census/Characters
    If you look at the Census; I believe the numbers are much less. 227k characters over CR110; 60K over CR170, 30K over CR180
    Those are characters not accounts. I have have 6 toons at 189; I'm sure of the 20K high end toons a good portion are alts.
    • Like x 2
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Uh, SP doesn't = Skill, if restoration gets nerfed healers won't be able to rely on overkill buffed numbers.

Take GOMe, how many LFG solo heal groups have you run into? Or further back, Nexus, I don't recall people running solo heal in LFG until they were near max CR, oh and this is the tier that inflated the numbers so I hope you can see that correlation. Pretty much every raid prior to Origin Crisis utilized 2 healers in the average pug group.

Also what needs to be done is to remove Nature power back through bug form because is also caused an influxuation of people who could solo heal as the power back basically allowed them to spam and ignore power management.

...And buff Sorcery + Electric lol
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

Lol come on guys, he was obviously in character and being sarcastic with the "millions and MILLIONS of people that play" comment.
  11. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

Nerfing resto will definitely require 2 healers if they cut our resto in half current end tier resto is near 20k drop it down to 10k i dont care how much skillpoints you have(im a healer in the 290+ skillpoints) your not making up that difference another thing i dont want to see is support roles doing damage let the dps do damage and let support roles support the group via health,power,crowd control. I personally dont have to pug anymore but as i remember it most pugs struggle doing there role lets not ask them to do damage plus their role.

As far as the topic of the thread whats currently on test as far as the revamp goes is bad. The idea of dropping wm,am, cr dif and allowing us to play with open power trees with RELIABLE pi's and weapon buffs that last a full 12sec for rotations sounds great.
    • Like x 1
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

You are thinking of now, however I've seen the same LFG asking for 188 also ask for 200 SP, even now people are asking for 200 SP and 188 CR for the event. As far as LFG is concerned SP means skill and they will use that as a bar to decide how good you are regardless of your real game experience. And back for Nexus they did take into account SP, I still remember people asking for SP 150 for Nexus and Dox, then 200 for AaB and up to 230 for L&W, then it all went to hell when they introduced the first Elite content and finally GU 47 happened. People see SP as real skill and nothing will change that, and btw I see people ask for quite the high number of SP just for OLY, which I personally did the first time by blind queue.
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm not exactly saying anyone should leave, but I'd seriously love to know where you guys pull these numbers from.

150,000 subscribers sounds a bit exaggerated even for pre gu 36.
    • Like x 1
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

In DCUOlive it says the number of characters, but to see how much players we really have you have to go by CR, and at 162, the start of T8 we have less than 100,000, and the list goes dramatically smaller after that since AF 3 isn't free so the actual players that bought it barely break 40k, but this is for CR 175, things just go horribly bad after that and this is just for CR, when you go by SP the higher it is the smaller that number gets.
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Keep in mind He said"150,000 subscribers" Last I checked the Census/DCUOLive doesn't show if the players are F2P, Premium, or Legendary.

I think we were at ANB or Nexus when we were at Pre GU 36 happened.

I'm not disagreeing on the fact that population has gone down quite a bit, I'm wondering: A, how did he know that many people were subbed? B: where did he gather those numbers?
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

Well our sub is All Access so an Everquest subbed player is also a subbed DCUO player.......does that make any sense because honestly I think the game also needs a sense revamp after the Q&A.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Precisely, which is why they dont want to talk numbers. Only successful MMOs give out their numbers like WoW and FFXIV.
    • Like x 2
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

Even Bungie used to give their PVP numbers, which where shamefully low ( as in less than 10% of the "registered" users low), but still they where proud of that little number.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

Those numbers are seriously optimistic.
    • Like x 1
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Maybe if they listened to more of the things we said instead of forcing more of the things "they" thing are good the game would have a much better population.

I wonder where this game could have been if WM and all that stuff never happened??
    • Like x 3