A Stupid Easy Way to get more people to run old content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RealTegan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Add 1 time stabilizer fragment to the final boss reward. Just one. Gotta run 15 things from the on duty tab to get a full key - but people would be running 'em. Lots of pluses - would reduce queue times, encourage play, reward people who actually bothered to play content. With only one frag per instance it wouldn't impact sales much, if at all.

I'm not holding my breath for it to happen, but it would solve a couple of the problems the player base sees in the game in a single stroke.

What do you folks think?
    • Like x 10
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Would cut into their sales. Maybe even massively. So not gonna happen.

(I have 30 toons on my main account who each could run enough out-of-relevancy instances daily to get 1 stabilizer per day and I'm obviously not counting solos. I do have other alts on other accounts I could carry with my main through a number of duos and alerts, maximizing on just my stabilizer count while not improving Q times for PUGs. Admitted - it's an extreme example but I did farm ACE with that setup for the boots and the kick me sign. Factor that with league runs in suddenly more active leagues - again no gain for the PUGs - and the sales are down. Top of that, a current CR180whatever runs throug any T1 and T2 content probably faster than through the stabilizer instance. There is a reason why it's locked account wide ;) )
    • Like x 1
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The only way this could work is if it was an account wide lock (like the regular instance is) and you can't reset it (similar to the anniversary dailies).

That being the case I don't see why they would do it for two reasons. The obvious one would be it would cut into their sales but at the end of the day it would just cause "more high crs in low level content" threads.
    • Like x 4
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

This would be a great reward for stat clamped players. Then it's a win across the board. New players get to que, learn and actually experience old content. Vets help players learn prior to end game and work forwards stabilizers.

All in all great idea IF clamped is required
    • Like x 2
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

I thought they wanted high level players out of old content. "Only replay end game content and give us your money"
    • Like x 7
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

What about the people who hate high levels rushing them through content? Or people who are against being clamped. I don't mind this being implemented but before it does there must be a solution to these issues.
    • Like x 2
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

Just do you know, they want our money so much more than us as players that they still let you replay the instance even though they said they couldn't stop people from doing so, yet the event open world can't be replayed.
  8. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Well clamped wasn't in the original suggestion, but I admit adding a clamp for that reward is a good tuning.

It's simple:
    - you run "at level" - normal rewards, no stabilizer fragment
    - you run clamped and finish - you get the additional stabilizer fragment
    - you run unclamped and out of CR-relevancy for a feat you missed or a style drop you miss - alternative rewards and no stabilizer fragments

Only thing that needs to be done here to actually work is: allowing to seperate the queues. The people who check "clamped" would be allowed to enter the low level content, the people who don't check it won't be allowed unless the checkbox at level can show something like "game experience" - in that case, the at level people who check "game experience" would queue together with the "clamped" out of level people and the at level people who did not check "game experience" could queue together with the out of level people who did not check "clamped". That would keep players from abusing the extra reward with 50/50 builds (half running "clamped" being "carried" by unclamped max CR players, next run they switch clamp and unclamped, getting easy extra stabilizer fragments for no effort).

However, this would need the UI to be tempered with and thus is no longer "a stupid easy way". But it would take care of the "High CR players ruining low level content"-problem in the same run. When did I last mention the devs will again and again fell sorry for shelving their planned UI revamp ;) ?
  9. motionsick Well-Known Player

Add a weekly or daily special "starred" mission (like they had for lower content) that is stat clamped (or boost everyone to 230 including NPCs) that can't be replayed, and get stabilizer key or whatever.

People that whine about stat-clamping, don't play then. You don't have to play it for progression or feats so there's nothing to complain about. (hah, right!) :rolleyes:
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Instance, Open world. Instance, Open World. Instance, Open World. They said they didn't have the tech to make the instance unreplayable. They've never claimed such a problem for open world. Now with all of the in your face easy to see money making systems in place, why do we need to entertain the thought of some nefarious underhanded conspiracy??? Now before anyone thoughtlessly jumps to the very wrong conclusion, I am not defending anyone...simply asking why is anyone going to these conspiracy theories about their actions, when there's plenty of visible facts right on our collective laps at this very moment (TC's and their lowered drop rates for rare items).
    • Like x 2
  11. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

Yeah and then we can get 20 more threads about how high players steamroll lower content. But wait, if they add a stat clamp then we can get 20 more threads about how stat clamping is dumb and another 20 threads talking about how some elitist butt hole left the group because (s)he assumed that people knew every mechanic of a 4 year old raid and shouldn't wipe even once.
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Vault is qeued from on duty and can't be reset with rb
    • Like x 1
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Shhhh logic isn't allowed on the forums.

Only silly pointless arguments that will do us no good and just frustrate one and all, yep that's all that's allowed here

:p
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Ah, no. Not having the tech to make an instance unreplayable is a blatant lie. They want to keep the 87 pricing right in place because they know some people (you probably know who) will spend to replay it. Remember, replay badges weren't part of the original game. They were added later, so the underlying tech to not have an instance as something that can be replayed was always there, and it all that complicated scripting procedure.

I don't care if there's a reset option for it, and if the cost is high. I care that they lie to people's faces every so often.
    • Like x 1
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

because it makes sense that they rather not stop you from resetting the stabilizer daily and just never "fix" it, as opposed to the even that last only a month meaning the best way to make money from it is to keep the CC event open. Replay badges and keys rule the game and they'll figure out every possible way to make you spend on them. Also they could have just as well made the fragment system more fair than it is, but it would make the money it does with replay badges (because it actually does, I've seen people ask for replays for it).
  16. RealTegan Dedicated Player

How much time do you have to play every day, anyway? Wow.

Eh, it was a thought. I didn't expect it to turn into a stat clamp thread. Clearly the emphasis should have been on "stupid" in my title. *sigh*
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree and like the idea. So plus 1 from me. Problem is it will affect sales of keys. And that is why they dont do it. Its just that simple. But again i like the idea, like it a lot actually.

What does this mean?
  18. Taco Loco Active Player

I support the idea of a random daily that gives a key, and is clamped.
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd like it to happen, as well as seeing older time capsules being available in certain content.

Let's say you Run Batman and Lantern Content, O.G time capsules drop.

Amazon Fury/Circe/WW content; Amazon time capsules drop here.

So and so forth.

The only downside is the developers actually making this happen, because of obvious cha-ching being made from people who buy full stablizers in the marketplace.
  20. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I wouldn't probably be able to actually do that between resets if that's your point.

If the number of characters surprises you: back with the dreaded update in 2013 I did a lost of testing with the new "straightened" path to level 30 to elaborate on bugs. When CR relevancy came, carrying them through older content with my main/my "second main" from a different account was just easy enough to gear them up. Also, all of them skip to tier 4 after reaching level 30 due to a common method. it's not that I made all those toons within a month or so :D

About the thread taking a turn: you ust had a quick thought and put it onto the forums without putting any second thoughts about abusing/exploiting "your" addition in any way. That's a good starting point for a thread to get derailed. Lots of player suggestions do not factor in every connected bit and screw in other locations of the game. If they did, all people could actually start working as a game designer. Now the sad part is: some of those player suggestions still make/made it into the game without the devs realizing the resulting problems neither.

(And on top of that, when players actually point out those potential problems upfront, they get ignored, and when those problems actually manifest in game, some players claim the guys who "told'em so" jinxed it instead of asking the devs to actually listen to those people next time....)
    • Like x 1