Now Available: The Anti-Monitor Anniversary Event!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Starofthemorning New Player

But it's not change in a good sense. It's legendary members paying to get nothing. We grind out feats to be at the top. Spend hundreds of dollars trying to get the Phoenix material or what ever. And everyone on our server that didn't buy from the broker, got it as a free member. Now it's pay to win. You want these feats, we'll pay up and our rng will wipe your pockets out trying to get them. I remember when they gave a Christmas gift. Or when they gave away anniversary gifts that included marks and cool styles. Now you have to buy said stuff. It's killing the already fragile community.
    • Like x 1
  2. Papi Desire New Player

hello ...

I am not a new player ...

In fact, DCUO 1st trailer got me hooked up to the MMO genre & I pre-ordered the game on PS3

Yet I am not an expert in MMO ...

While waiting for DCUO to be available / delivered I tried City of Heroes & fell in love with the concept, then never opened my PS3 version of DCUO but got it on PC instead when it went F2P ... (still wrapped till now)

For the past 3-4 years been playing / enjoying DCUO on PC with long term memberships as from existing of home turf & armories ... I love costumes ... so much that been spending a lot on booster bundles & now on time capsules.

If I wasn't still after the phoenix material, I would have stopped my membership right away for I believe this to be too much, you cannot have stuffs to force people to buy & buy, more & more of your stuffs that works like a lottery ... it is immoral & in some part of the world considered illegal !

If you go this way, I'm sure you will lose a lot of your fans, if you want to keep your fanbase & time capsules, 1st make it that all events / raids / etc do provide with stabilizers, not even the components to build them, then let the pack in the market be cheaper.

Allow all toons to be able to farm & trade for it or keep it global ... then don't make unique items that rare .. for you are plaguing this game with real money sellers who keeps nagging / farming then selling unique items for millions of ingame cash

Since when was it normal to see items up to 200M at the broker ? :eek:

This is no more a fun game, I cannot stop trying to get the collections, but I feel like I will lose another 200 Euros in vain (yeah, shame on me, I spent more than 200 Euros only on Stabilizers in the past 2 months)

DCUO Devs, stop this before it's too late, I want to play & have fun & not keep connecting to spend money & disconnected frustrated again & again ...

& oh btw ... Happy new year 2017 to all the DCUO community

cheers!
    • Like x 2
  3. akshay New Player

4. Xibo Loyal Player

5. Mirai Well-Known Player

Well, this event started off promising. I earned 11 crowns a day each of the first two days. The weekly was available both days, and the dailies gave two crowns each. Today, the dailies only gave one crown each, and the weekly is weekly. Since I don't do raids, I'm not going to be getting much of anything before the event ends. Not very promising any more. For three crowns a day, I might just give up on the event.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Has anyone gotten the azure misted aura yet? I would really like to see what it looks like before getting too invested on all my alts. Thanks in advance to anyone who posts a pic, but please don't spend replay badges just for me.
  7. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Shoot, I'm still lookin' for where to spend these outside the event hole in the ground.
  8. NiteGuardian New Player

I believe the devs posted a video on youtube showcasing it.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nope, they haven't. The livestream only showed off the stuff from the time capsule with a small shot of the anti-monitor gear. But the azure misted aura hasn't been shown at all yet.
  10. NiteGuardian New Player

its the blue looking aura.
  11. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Done. Unsubbed. Deleted. The works. You guys/ gals are treading a very dangerous line in an already chaotic marketplace. Consumers have so many options from which to choose and DCUO's only saving grace was its nostalgia and fandom. But those've gone down the toilet since you're no longer committed to aquirable cosmetics, fanservice, world building, or "expensive" cutscenes (maybe spend some of that TC bounty?) to develop the world further.

Add to that, you're stripmining already needlessly complicated systems that you've overhauled enough times to make WoW designers scratch their heads. Then you're gouging your comitted playerbase for every penny you can and expecting them to smile. And, to top it off, the game is utterly inhospitable to new players, from tutorials to SP power creep. There's no influx of new players; the Xbox port showed us how repugnant the game is to fresh faces. There's little development, really, in anything other than marketplace offerings and a handful of quests and instances every few months. PVP hasn't been touched for years. The beautiful cityscapes you've created are barren and inutile once you've cleaned up the races.

The worst part is that customer confidence, once gone, stays gone. You think this is the way forward, when every other failed MMORPG has followed this same formula of developer echo-chambers, consumer dissonance and declining population.The Daybreak brand will be given the same scorn and berth given to Alloids or PW games (at least Perfect World games ACTUALLY GIVE YOU PAY TO WIN ITEMS WHEN YOU PAY FOR THEM).

Sad, so sad to see what this game has become. Hopefully DC's next MMORPG gets a cleaner lease on life than this one.

All the best, heroes and villains.
    • Like x 5
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Agreed with everything you said. SO sad to see this game company destroying whats left of dcuo. I hope a new dc mmo will come.
    • Like x 2
  13. shadyxxxshady New Player

I've also decided this game is no longer for me. After the treatment we have received from the Devs it's time for me to take my business somewhere it will be appreciated and not taken advantage of. I wish everyone well and I look forward to seeing you guys in future dc video game properties. As long ad Daybreak isn't involved.
    • Like x 1
  14. NiteGuardian New Player

I know this is completely off topic, but for some reason i'm not able to post on almost every single thread except 'Daily Planet News' and i've already made this account over a week ago. And i'm a new legendary player so I don't understand why I cant post anywhere else or even send a PM to the Devs. Any ideas?

Says:

(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

And you're absolutely right. I watched the livestream 3 times and never saw it, lol. I must have skipped the opening or something I guess. Thanks for that.
  16. Zheon New Player

What level do i need to open the gear box and get the item 162/163?
  17. 2YearBreak New Player

The event is fun. Good job devs on creating the new zone and event.
  18. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

cr 183
  19. Gimpy Loyal Player

Simplest way I can put it.

The longer you're here the more you get.
  20. NiteGuardian New Player

Lol no problem.