Please announce upfront how long Time Capsules are available

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anak Panah, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sure, that makes sense. We'll work on that for the next one.
    • Like x 1
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The problem, to me, is that RBs, MC and LP are not rolled into one, heavily utilized currency that would be tradeable between all players, regardless of subscription level. It allows those that can't spend to attain what those that can spend could acquire.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps i remember it being said on the 1st TC stream that it was 90 days roughly. Was said by jackster. I went and watched before my post to make sure i didnt post some wrong info. So maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere?
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

There is gear in TCs that attunes to the 2nd highest level and feats that equal sp which increase our stats. If that isnt progression idk what is. Wow its strange to me seeing there is no progression in TCs.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Woohoo! (picture homer Simpson) lol
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I apologize in advance Mepps, but this isn't accurate, especially if you churn out TC's at a fast rate. At least it won't be accurate as long as skill points are attached to them, take that away and you're right it's not going to be "core progression". Skill points are going to matter more with "stats matter" and TC"s are increasing the amount available and the only way to do it is to spend money....

Folks will be bitter still about perhaps not getting the cosmetic they want this time around but TC's still affect actual character progression because skill points are attached, half the community would be less out spoken against them if you just removed the skill points attached.
    • Like x 2
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

More than likely they're going to take the smart way out of the argument and say the following:
    core progression - dlc content and release. time capsules provide an alternative to this, but progression is still possible even if it is removed.

skill points - even if they make 20 different time capsules that have 60-80sp behind a paywall basically. As long as [highest amount of sp possible] - [sp from time capsules] >= [highest cr possible in the game] , they can say skill points aren't core as well since they stated elsewhere to use our cr as a sp guide.

With purple drops being rare and vendor gear taking awhile along with stats matter approaching having 175sp in one stat, they make buying time capsules for sp and gear extremely attractive from a time convenience, but can use the excuse of it not being needed/core when they bombard us with it. I'm not going to mention his name because this post would be deleted but I talked with a friend of mine, a famous youtuber, and he was saying that DC is probably going to abuse time capsules for money and see how far they can push the community in terms of spending money. Seems to me that we've reached that point. I have friends at 280-290sp that are actually pissed at the new time capsules. When the people that spend the most money on the game get pissed off at having to spend too much money, it's a good sign something's wrong xD Time capsules should've been an in game earnable version of booster bundles. They got hella money from it for minimal effort, with auras that were probably made years ago like the white smoke that they just chose to not release. I still remember when a GM had a purple aura on their wavedox acc that wasn't released yet and it spread like wildfire. Only ones that would've required work would've been the phoenix material because I don't remember it being in the game at any point before this dlc. Even the corrupted aura had a foundation that's been in the game for a hot minute. They might as well just turn time capsules into SP packs in the marketplace. $30 for half a skill point and a chance to get an aura we had sitting in our back pocket for over a year.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

The phoenix has been in the game since AF1.
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Oh yeahhh, I forgot about that boss. I haven't been in Themy in over a year, holy xD
  10. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

So you reply to most useless posts but don't answer to any of the pertinent queries.
    Good job!
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for you. ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. jeffmallet Well-Known Player

New time capsules makes me physically ill. I'll be looking at other games or maybe just go outside.
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Normally I don't agree with Proxystar, but he has a vaild point.

Isn't the exact point of Stats-matter is to make your Skill Points more important? Time capsules give feats which do impact the amount of skill points you have; Ergo they will have a big impact on core progression if they continue to give feats.

This wouldn't be such a problem but consider this; We have People looking for 250 SP now. With stats-matter upcoming to the game; People who spent a lot more money are gonna have a pretty big advantage over those who wait it out. That's why some describe the time-capsules as P2W.

Yes you could wait it out, but by the time you do; some people will already be finished with the set; and because of the extra SP it'll be more likely they get into groups then other players.

Now. Regarding Time capsules being Mostly Cosmetic; I'd disagree with that for the following reason:
    There are specific Powerset mods and Various R&D items; these are arguably the most common drop and don't add to styles.

The powerset mods much like the Skill Points again will play a bigger factor on whom gets into groups.

Meanwhile: The items that are cosmetic are a pain to get, If you get a Cosmetic item chances are it's gonna be the folllowing.

A: The Hands(Common)
    B:The boots(Very common)
    C: Emblems.
    D: Duplicate and Common Collection pieces for an aura or rare style.

It's very unlikely to get something like an collection or a Full-set completed because they're so rare. This is further reflected on dare I say it, the broker prices. The Hades Crown and Other Various rare items are placed for about 4.5+ Mill last I checked and that's expensive.

Honestly; 75% of the time capsule complaints would be solved if they just didn't grant any feats.
    • Like x 1
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Please tell me that you agreeing with Proxy isn't a sign of the apocalypse or something :p

Sorry just trying to interject a little humor into a very valid point :D
    • Like x 2
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It could be you may never know ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Grreeeeeeeeeeeat.

It's a good thing my zombie apocalypse kit is up to date.
  17. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

Dislike. In fact, I hated how you could bypass the gear grind of AF3 with ATC gear. Would it have arrived 2-3 weeks later, I think it would have been best for the longlivity of the DLC, engagement of the players and would help those who don't play much to catch up.
    • Like x 2
  18. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

I can live with the TC armor style feat

Even the emblem feats

But feats from the collections gots to go !!
    • Like x 2
  19. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It's nice to have the matching theme, but I think capsule gear should be a "catchup" type set like the first one. With the Future Crusader gear, we were already wearing 150-153. So we collected the style and deleted. But someone who skipped an episode or two could use it to catch up. For Shim'Tar, you could just open tons of capsules to start and jump to the high end of the Episode from the start.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It is the apocalypse, because now everyone is seeing exactly what I was saying at the release of the very first capsule, when everyone was telling me I was wrong and over-reacting... now my day has come and it is glorious. :p
    • Like x 1