410: The Great Community Builder

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Anyone else pleasantly surprised/ tickled by the 410 groups? It's nice to see content that promotes people working together to achieve a common goal. Most pug 410 groups seem to have a tradition of passing lead as someone finishes so that they can continue to add people. Warms my DCUO heart <3
    • Like x 4
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

It's nice to see, though I never found a need to bother with it since, through the week, you get enough kills to reach your goal just from the dailies (or really close to it, so 10 minutes of mopping up for the rest is doable). I take it people are doing this because they're resetting it?
    • Like x 3
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

You can't reset the 410 mission. I think it's just that people want to get it out of the way and get their eight coins asap :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

You can't reset it. Those groups are utterly pointless for the reasons you stated. "Let's waste time on Thursday burning this so I can have my 8 coins RIGHT THIS INSTANT!". Meh.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it is pretty cool.

no but you still have three daily missions to do. i'll join a group to help out for a few minutes. i've also taken to building my supercharges up there. i usually get this done over the course of three days per toon.

I definitely want more content like this fleshed out even more (i.e. a few more complex daily missions. throw in more sub boss fights etc etc etc).
    • Like x 2
  6. motionsick Well-Known Player

The 410 groups are useful if you're just trying to get the mission done on an alt that you might not be able to play enough missions daily to complete the 410.

That being said, the worst groups I've been invited to have had a healer. Ugh.
    • Like x 1
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Ah, didn't notice. I saw 8 coins and was adamant about not missing the deadline (and then I missed the last deadline :< )
    So that means people knocking it out early either want the 8 coins ASAP because they can then buy something in the vendor right away, or they aren't aware that those later kills through the dailies are somewhat wasted.
    • Like x 1
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Agreed. It's nice to see people working together in an Open World environment. Now I'm just hoping for a new Bounty in the future :)
    • Like x 4
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Besides getting it out of the way in general, if you have multiple alts, it gets rather unwieldy making sure you've completed it on all toons before the Thursday reset. I have 8 hero toons and one villain. I can't run them all through the dailies consistently, but I at least get them all through both raids and usually the 410 monster essence thing every week. Also, this can't be replayed.
    • Like x 3
  10. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Yeah, I can see how you'd not want to pass up 8 coins with how sluggish it is trying to gear up alts with the time investment required + coin payouts and gear costs. I cut down to just one character and am back to trying to catch them up. Probably will hit 180 today. The rest will have to wait for the revamp for me. :S
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Time through the week gets the best of all of us. I tried doing it each day through the week but adult life gets in the way and I miss a day then I miss out before reset. Better for me just to get through with it in one go.
    • Like x 2