It Was 30 Years Ago Yesterday

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

That I quit smoking. I did it cold turkey. I went from 2 packs a day menthol. Here's a bit of trivia. At the time I quit, a pack of cigarettes was $1.50. And my brand isn't even around anymore.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Isn't that the old "James Bond" brand of choice?
  3. CHUD Loyal Player

Good to hear that you've been able to get this far after quitting.....especially after going cold turkey.

[IMG]
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's been about ten years since I've been to Canada.....but that brand was what I bought whenever we went to our northern nieghbor (I live in Michigan.) That sucks if they arent around, they were decent smokes but not sold in the US.

Congrats btw, maybe someday I'll do it too.....maybe.
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

His was Dunhill. I smoked them as well.
  6. Ultimate Wargasm New Player

Congrats on the anniversary. April 1st will mark 13 years for me, also done cold turkey.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Oh they were sold in the US. They were produced by Phillip Morris(Marlboro). I was a menthol guy through and through but Kools and Salems weren't menthol enough and Newport were too strong. Players were smooth. So were Dunhill. How many people remember Arctic Lights and True cigarettes?
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Originally thought he smoked Camel (poor Joe, bet he tasted good in a sandwich though :p), was never really a smoker so can't say ever quit, found them helped with racing heart beats