Rage's needed changes.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LighTning Emperor, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

A good change for frenzy could be to give it the same fist animation as Lpve Guy Gardner's ground punchs except they would fly at the enemy instead of punching ground to add some more range and your character would use a Brawling(or Boxing) animation during combos also wish they would change berserk they should increase the duration back its a 50% Sc its shouldnt last like 6 secs
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Pretty much. I'm CR 172, went to Olympus and was so irrelevant that they were doing stuff and I was just...there. CR 168 being able to help with the burn and I was...just there. We went to a 4-player instance later with half of the group and I was second place in damage, yes, but it was the 182 DPS who saved us. It felt like he was just letting me have some fun and was in the background. It's really humiliating.

I'm thinking of switching to HL DPS.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

u speaking about powers in general , op was speaking about abilities(powers) within rage-power.

we dont know yet maybe frenzy ability will be strongest maybe not...
  4. motionsick Well-Known Player

Who said Rage is supposed to be melee? Oh just the devs that created it, along with 3 of the 4 powers that can be Rage-combo'd. In case you forgot, Outrage, E-Chain, Revenge. Only Dreadful Blast can be used at Range.

You hope all powers will be similar as DPS? You're complaining because you're getting killed in instances even with healing? Well what do you think they're supposed to be doing with the revamp anyway? That's the total opposite of stats matters/powers revamp. They want all powersets to be viable and have the ability to have ALL of the powers in the trees to be useful again.

You think HL was only good for a week at the beginning of AF3? HL is crushing it.
  5. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Im not geting killed becouse im not using melee im not stupid :) and its not true only DB can be used as range .
    To be honest i have no idea what devs want to do becouse they doing it for past 2 years and some how it dosnt work so far .
    Like i said theres no souch thing as melee DPS in DCUO but people like you trying to force the idea so devs made those melee combos just for people like you and how was it ? Do u like it ? So far people using e-chain or outrage as tank rage crash cancel or at pvp becouse they know they cant use it at PVE .
    Ofc u can do solos duos and alerts as melee but problem is dmg is still better if u doing range .
    On raids melee is totaly nonsens so what is yours idea to make rage dps immortal or strong as tank ?
    New SM is coming and what then all rage need to switch to other powers or tank it becouse you want melee dps when u know u cant .
    Like i said melee is bad idea from start becouse content dosnt support it and devs not gona change whole game so u can use melee .

If u have any ideas how to use melee in hard instance pls share with us . Im sure people want to hear it.
    You can start from SM or new elite raids .( devs pls give rage 100 k hp bonus so i can use melee :) )

There is also other aspect when u tank and u got 5 rage melee dps in groupe .You should try that u cant c a thing just red combos on yours head also u cant pull anything becouse 5 melee rage jump right next to you good luck with that .
  6. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What i want to c is power balance so people will not ask what power you are just cr/sp .
    190cr 290 sp nice heh but you rage,electic,nature ...... OFF !!!! its realy anoying i mean those past 2 years zzzzzzzzzzz.
  7. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

How you gonna say there's no such thing as melee? When the dev's themselves said there is melee lol. The devs didn't force anything, everything from t1 to t4 was melee, ppl were melee all the time. I mean what you thing a 1hd, martial arts, staff, brawling is lol? Those are melee weapons lol. Just because contents start to focus more on players to go range doesn't mean everything was rang from start. Melee exists, deal with it and stop trying to say it ain't there lol
    • Like x 1
  8. SasquaT Dedicated Player

I said theres no souch thing as melee dps didnt said melee dosnt exists .Melee its good for tank from t1 to t8 and it always will be .
    If u like melee so much u can use it as dps as well .Good Luck with that .
    You can make some movies how was it i love good comedy :)
    I love to c how people melee dps black adam ( giganta ) in khandak and many more :) but yea u can do it now with 190 CR easy ^^
    So if u saying rage need to w8 year or 2 to make melee dps everywhere as high CR in low content you got me :)
    If u got any ideas how to use melee dps in SM or Elite raids pls share with us ok ? if not then stop this nonsens .
  9. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

But there is melee dps lol, rage, hard light, even earth if you go none pet route. The only difference here is that all the other powers just had MORE and USEFUL range moves. Go back to the video where spotless and mepps were introducing rage. They talk about melee, range. They both exist, the only reason you believe it doesn't because other powers just had better and more useful range moves and since content slowly started to become nothin but range fest, melee basically got kicked to thw curb. Then ppl like you come here, and spit nonsense. So you tell me we should listen to you? Or the devs who said melee always been there just slowly diminished because content started becoming more range because of bosses one shot and all the aoe and whatnot.

Anyways, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you, if you believe it doesn't so be it no1 can change your mind, but facts are fact, melee always been there. And I use melee in every content, I'm a devoted rage melee player. Now I'm not saying it's safe or easy task but it is possible and you can come out on top from time to time.

What sucks is that devs started creating content that STOPPED players from melee and use/force players to range. Rage was awesome on release specially it's heal backs but as usual ppl cry nerf, it got nerfed badly and made it even more difficult for most to melee. But yes it's possible, also when I mentioned the weapons, I didn't mean by themselves, ppl were up close and personal melee with these weapons then combo with their powers
  10. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Ofc there is melee but u cant do it everywhere so for me theres no souch thing as melee dps you get it now ?.
    Devs have many "briliant" ideas but we all know how some of them works or should i say not working .
    Not melee friendly content was from start long before reage so if u wana force melee ideas tell people how ?
    The idea you can use it at some bosses or some ads sucks if u cant use it everywhere its bad idea .
    If devs gona do melee rage OP and range will sucks like it is now then you cant be good dps in 50 % or more of content and i dont want that .
    So maybe its better to focus on power balance and forget about melee .
  11. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

ofcourse there's melee, but never was a melee dps? That makes no sense, and fact not one person agreed with you should tell you something. And yes you can melee anywhere you just gotta be smart with it. Again there is melee dps, whether you like it and agree with it or not. You have your opinion that's fine but it doesn't change the fact there is one. And it seems no matter what anyone says you'll still argue there isn't one so this will be my last reply. But melee dps exist, and devs have confirmed that, yes you can melee anywhere and anytime you just gotta be smart about it. And reason you don't see melee alot because deva have nerfed melee recently there's no reward for the risk
  12. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Ok then Best of luck with yours "smart" melee dpsing :) Cya in SM or Elite raids you will know fast what people thinking about melee dps there .
  13. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I don't need your luck, and do melee anywhere if you read what I typed few posts above. But can't help ignorant ppl I guess. Good luck with you "there's no such as melee dps" lol that's why no1 agrees with u. Not ONE LOL
  14. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yep and then u wake up :) Everyone know there is no souch thing as melee dps in hard content becouse u get KO all the time and if u are smart you not gona use it .Thats a fact .
    Cheack youtube everyone saying you cant use melee "when and where u want" so its just yours opinion and no one agrees with you not with me .
    You trying to be smart ..... sorry not this time .
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Just like this is your opinion lmao
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Did u cheacked you tube that quick ? There are tons of info how wrong u are .
  17. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Dont need to check youtube, just because they can't melee? There's alot of ppl that can do it at end game. Youtube don't mean nothin, just because they can't? I'm melee OLy and GoM, I melee dwf, there's others that do it too. Just because some aren't good at it you automatically rely on YouTube lol

Also there's just as many youtube videos ppl knowing how to melee at end game, so if YOUR smart then you'll go look at those.
  18. SasquaT Dedicated Player

And then u wake up again :)
    [IMG]
  19. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Your right guess I gotta stop before I get as stupid as you, thanks for letting me, appreciate it probably smartest thing you said in this thread. You take care now
    • Like x 1
  20. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

Who is everyone and where are these videos at on YouTube i need links or it didnt happen because im pretty sure i can Melee "when and where i want" its my character i do what i want if other players including you cant do it that is you guys problem an thats a fact also its just your opinion that melee dps doesnt exist you are not everyone speak for yourself
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.