Rage's needed changes.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LighTning Emperor, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Hell everyone.
    Dont worry, this is not a rant thread or a rage is so much weaker than what it was thread. Even though it is.

But this is however about the useless powers in rage and what I hope can be switched in the upcoming revamp for all powers.

1. Lacerate. To me this is one of the most useless powers in the game. So much so I thought it was there because the dev team ran out of ideas so they throw it in there for laughs. Adds now have so much Dominance that you do no cc with it at all. Let's not even talk about the dps for this power either. It's attack radius is awful and the power isn't a channel power yet you are stuck in an animation of uselessness for about 5 sec and are open for attacks.

2. Frenzy. Yep I said it. This power is also very pointless in rage. It's locked animations like lacerate cause you to be stuck in a continuous lash of melee attacks that have no high risk or reward damage. I wished for a long time this power was removed from rage and something more suitable was placed in its spot instead.

3. Mangle. The supercharge is USELESS! All it is, is a SC version of lacerate! I call it lacerate 2.0. Really DC devs? This is almost unacceptable. Our supercharge options are already non existent. But you really dropped the ball on this one. It's cc is minimal at best but pointless.

4. Channel Hate. Now at first I thought this power had potential to be a great ranged DPS power (cough) but dc for some reason wasn't thinking the way I was. Another useless power now to the batch. Especially since it has no cc or anything to stun, root or knock back targets.

5. Redirecting Rage. Should I even bother saying anything to this?

Ok. So those are my 5 powers that I feel should be taken out of rage and replaced with something else more versatile.

1.For, Mangle why not change that superchage into something like a ranged DPS SC since this is in the anger tree where most damage is done.

The power would be called (Crimson Rain.)
    It allows the user to create a huge ball of plasma energy that raises from underneath the feet of the target stunning them in the process and rooting. Then once the ball reaches its maximum height, it explodes causing heavy burst damage then rains down on surrounding adds or players causing dot ticks of at least 12 ticks. Enemies will also be plasma burned and movement temporarily slowed down in the mist.

2. For lacerate, we could have another ranged power since rage is scarce for them.

The power would be called (Scarlet Javelin.)
    As the name implies, it would be a ranged power that the user constructs a Red javelin and is able to throw the Javelin at far range. The Javelin will be connected to a chain from the user causing the target to be rooted in place. The power will also have a hold Triangle precision option to release two more lances, connecting three chain links. After the links explode it causes minimal burst damage then causes 5 ticks of damage over time. plasma burned enemies would take additional damage.

3. For Frenzy the replacement power would be called (Neglect.)

I was thinking that why not give rage a move like headlights chompers?
    Except ours will just cause plasma burn to be added while implying panic. 1 tick of burst damage when activated then 8 of dot afterwards. It would be a ranged move just like hard light chompers and hit up to 4 targets in range. This would be very helpful.

4. For Channel Hate, the name could stay the same. It's just the power would stun targets and have a precision version of itself like Light Blast from Hard Light. Enemies with plasma burn would take more damage.

5. Lastly is Redirecting Rage. The power name can also stay the same. It's just that the power would look and work just like hardlight's Light Barrier. It will allow the user to get off the ground while entering it and reflect precision damage instead of might damage. Or might damage is fine. As long as it would give us some cc break out like Light Barrier while reflecting decent damage back to the attacker.

So what do you guys think about my idea? Do you also want to see these powers I have mentioned changed after the revamp? Tell me what you think.
    • Like x 1
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

we do not know which powers will be strong after stats revamp, therefore u will get my real reply in 3-4month ...
  3. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

It's not really about how strong the power is. It's about how useless or non versatile it is. Rage does need more range powers and CC stuns or panics. And better Sc's. But I see where you're coming from.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

If anything rage tanking needs to be looked at as far as power consumption.
    • Like x 3
  5. motionsick Well-Known Player

IF they want Rage to be usable again in DPS stance, it will need some major work. Yeah, half the powers are useless in DPS stance, but that's the way it is with a lot of powersets.

If they want keep Rage melee power, then make it usable in melee! The fact that, as it is now, Rage is supposed to be melee-based but loses out to another ring based power (that melee is supposed to be secondary) at melee is ridiculous.

I think most people would like to see survivability/damage for Rage at melee increased, and a total revamp of range-based powers.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

I've had a rage alt for about 2 years or so. It has been my primary alt (if that makes sense). This week I finally broke down and switched him to Earth, after months of fighting the urge. I just can't justify playing the power as it is. The power consumption is abysmal, the damage is slight by today's standards, and tanking with it requires a combination of perfect skill, timing and internet connection that I don't possess.

With all that said, I hate that I felt that I had to respec. I loved Rage and still do. It's just not a power that I can use in its current state.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

I agree with the OP on the useless powers

Rage does have the greatest number of useless powers of any other power. The am, which may not be relevant much longer, is one of the least versatile of any power. The supercharges are not balanced well when compared to other powers, ( any doubt here just look and SC mods on the broker. I bought my rage ones for less than 10k while ice, mental, and sorc sell for several million.)
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

When done right rage tanking can be more power efficient than ice. i have tank raids after the troller died on nothing more than soder and supply drop for power.
  9. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I hope the DEVS see this and give it a thought. The powers I have mentioned are unwanted and useless in rage.
  10. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

If devs do look at rage it'll be just to make a quick buck, by buffing it making it the FoTM, then turning it to weak power and picking a new power to buff.

Seriously rage had its fix/revamp with muni, and the devs completely, and I mean completely ignored all the players feedback, made rage melee even weaker!!! Yet muni came out way better, fixed and does hella good dmg now. Ppl keep sayin wait for stat matters but I highly doubt that will change much. Other powers are glitched or broken and do way more dmg, so with stat matters they will stay top powers.

I don't want rage to be op or top power but come on give us rage players some love too. I mean as a rage melee player myself, I feel the reward is so small compared to any power our there. I'm day 1 rage player, and love rage, and continue to be that power regardless of how much it lacks. But I have truly given up on the devs because let face it, they just lookin to nickel and dimming us however they can. Rather then fixing the powers and given us the proper treatment.
  11. Pults Loyal Player

Just health stacking, the core mechaincs are okay overall.
  12. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Hell no melee is good only for tanking theres no souch thing as melee dps not in DCUO .
    Who said Rage is suppposed to be melee ?
    Problem is power balance not melee stupid ideas .
    People still w8ing for new tree and SP matters i hope all powers will be similar as DPS .
    Get over it with this melee u know it cant be done and dont tell me u can use it in some instance coz it not gona work everywhere never ever for that u need to use GOD MODE .
    If u love melee that much u can use it at PVP :)

If u gona force melee then after it comes to life dont cry omg i die over and over and u need to notice each death cost 1-2 mil dmg if someone wish to pick u up coz i will not . Yea and good luck with elite runs where u can die only once .

Im 190 CR 290 sp with almost max health/def u can get as dps and in new raids ads can one shoot me even with relentles anger on .
    So if u saying make rage immortal or strong as tank so u can melee dps good luck with that .

Rage can be good dps without melee nonsens but all is in devs hands.

Now funy part something hapends shortly after AF III came to live server and rage was doing similar dps as ice ( only mental ,munition could beat rage but not bouble it ) but its end like one week after .I heard HL was good as well so something happends with prec powers its bad that it was only one week devs should live it till stats revamp but yeap that was good week ( happy hour ) .
  13. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Did you notice that u got only 6 slots for super powers ? Each power got some super powers for support and some for dps and some are who knows for what its not just a rage .
    ...... but yes i agree that those powers "who knows for what" should be more useful
  14. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What need to be change FAST is rage crush when u are changed to bird in Olympus raid .
    For other changes we should w8 till stat revamp .
  15. Pults Loyal Player

That's a raid bug and if it's still happening it should be reported again, if I recall correctly it was fixed once.
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

It happend to me yesterday at elite OLY .
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

Rage is beautiful in theory, but in practice it lacks a lot.

I joined my league yesterday for the new raids and the guy who was CR 168 (While I was 172), was able to help the team better than I was. I was more helpful with the adds, but he was more helpful in boss fights. I felt like a deadweight.

Conversely, the new Elixir that turns you into a dog is very fun. I wish it was permanent.
    • Like x 1
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

EXACTLY how I felt in Olympus last night. I have a 170 Rage on villain which I only play here n there, I was doing good on adds.... just until the boss fights which one had to switch to tank.
    I've had an ice tank for maybe over a year now and I've had no problems with it, heck I've even managed to finish that last boss on KCT on the first run without a troller.

Like pults said, health stacking could REALLY use the bump. Because if not, you'd really have to gear up and overshoot a bit from the suggested CR.
    • Like x 1
  19. Delta796th Loyal Player

That's because our ring is cooler than yours!
    [IMG]
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

If you knew the game before Am you kind of do you what will be strong. Gadgets, Hardlight, Nature, Rage, Ice ect will all be great. Celetial will prolly be the strongest off the bat. Sorc/Earth will be wild cards as we have no idea what they plan on doing with the pets and their AM damage hits.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.