Test Discussion Anniversary Event Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

make it happen!

you know. you guys (lookin at the devs) really should just come up with the aforementioned trinket/base item/style item and ship it on out to us. personally im going to get everything done this go around. i love the idea of special events like this. i want more.

are there base items in the event?
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

For my dads next birthday I'm taking him out to dinner and telling him if he wants his cake he has to wait til next year or pay for it on his own.
    • Like x 19
  3. DynamiteGal Active Player

Just tried the event on the test server and checked out the vendor and the feats. The feat "particle powered" is confusing to understand how to obtain it. The feat states "wear equipment pieces that grant you at least a total of eight antiparticles." What i'm confused about is this point system. Does this mean buy all 8 vendor style pieces? If so, why not just say that? I ran the raid and got a 162 green ring. Does this ring count towards that 8 points? Does other gear drop that counts? Specifically the major pieces: head, shoulders, chest, legs, etc. Exactly how do we know what's giving points or how many we have? Also if I bought the 165 ring from afIII, and if this ring counts for the 8 points (but i have to wear it), why wouldn't i want to wear what i have on from afIII when that one is better? Basicly asking for a little clarification so I can spend marks wisely and eliminate the confusion.
    • Like x 1
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

What are the item drops off the anti monitor like? any epic styles or things of that nature? I'd love a flash helm, seeing that flash and zoom are the main teammates in this instance
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lol dude the style is Aerial Defender that drops...such a waste of time lol
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Wow, absolutely shameful with the prices and limited time. There's making money and there's cynically milking loyal customers. Really love the Orwellian use of the term "gift" for this cash grab too. Gross.
    • Like x 8
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

so you telling me that i as a loyal subscriber have to wait 1 year to finish the feats?

[IMG]

and you also telling us that u plan more of those events in the future?

[IMG]

i guess its time to wake finally up and move once and for all on
    • Like x 9
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

If you can't even finish the vendor gear within 1 month without replaying it's definetly too expensive.
    Idc too much abotu the aura/collections.. those are for the hardcore grinders.
    But honestly... the simple vendor gear is way too expensive. -.-
    Not a good job actually for a time based event.
    • Like x 7
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I love the event Devs, but you guys seriously need to lower the prices, at least the ones of the gear.
    This is not a DLC, its a limited time event.
    • Like x 5
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Seriously, if this content can't be completed within the month without using replays then that's garbage. This isn't about "you can come back next year and finish it". We all know there will be plenty of people replaying all day to finish everything which means that suddenly replays are, for the first time, not "pay to complete faster" but instead "pay to complete at all".

I'm not opposed to Time Capsules or the new loot structure, but with this event and the horrible drop rates people have reported about the ATC I'm concerned. I understand that players who don't pay will always have some disadvantage. However, at the very least, I as a subscriber should have a realistic chance to complete content within the time it's available without paying extra.

I wish they would bring back armor tubes to showcase new styles. Generic robot or terminal vendors have no flavor whatsoever and even with gear previews it's hard to picture how the full set looks.
    • Like x 7
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Are the above tradeable?
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

At this moment Im not sure. Once I get some good play time to collect the Crowns I'll certainly find out. The Qwa-Bombs and the Exobyte Shields you also get as rewards from completing the Quests in the Metro Anti-Matter Invasion Zone.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I have to agree with prior sentiments. A month long "anniversary gift " event should be free of a profit margin consideration. It should be offered to all, and be completable by all, without spending a penny, within the time frame of the event.

There is no other reason for the gear prices aside from pushing people to spend money. I don't mind the grind progression in the new DLC, I don't mind the TCs, but this is just greedy. Not EVERYTHING has to have a profit margin. Especially not something you're referring to as a "gift."

We really don't want to hear about how the event will be back next year either Mepps, because we all know that next year there will be new feats attached to the same "gift event" prompting people to spend more money.

You guys made a big deal about the event being a daily replayable event in the livestream. What difference does that make if there is no timeline that allows for completing the gear without spending replays anyway?

If you actually wanto to show your appreciation for our loyalty to the game, make this event completable withot having to replay it. We both know there will still be those people who decide to replay it anyway. There will continue to be a revenue stream, regardless of whether you force replays or not.

After everything that's gone on in the last year, I think it would go a long way with some of the disenfranchised players to see you guys do something without a profit motive. We all understand this is a business, but there are some moments when stepping back and taking stock of things would do you well.
    • Like x 7
  14. Ully Committed Player

+1

I'm actually curious as to how the hardcore loyalists who support every move the Devs make will respond to our valid criticism - concerning the parameters of this event. It's really hard to justify those vendor prices.
    • Like x 3
  15. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I agree with the above post and echo this sentiment. If this is supposed to be a reward for six years of DCUO. Then by all means make it to feel like a rewarding experience.
    • Like x 6
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Edited post. Question was answered. Sorry. Please disregard.
  17. Pults Loyal Player

On a serious note, we already got the "why" of the prices we have on test. Them being unreasonable and the event not being finishable in the time it is set is a spit in everyones face. Also no benefits for being a legendary.
  18. VV Dedicated Player

I think asking for a price reduction or anything free is just self entitlement. It's a free event and it's their game - their anniversary. So I guess they can do what ever they want. If they want to give free stuff - they will. If they don't - they won't. Questioning their ethical stance is extremely judgmental.

Also, we can also note that it's for the game and all players. Being legendary doesn't mean that you're anything better than premium or F2P members. Asking for stuff because you paid loyally is kinda wrong - it's basically asking for free stuff.

As far as I know, I'll just run the stuff and enjoy the event. I don't even bother about being competitive because all that it takes is extra disposable wads of cash. Even if the event disturbs the competitive atmosphere like Time Capsules did, it still won't bother the casual crowd (higher population - true income).

Would it be nice if the prices were lowered? Of course. Duh!
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The prices should be lowered to have the items be obtainable without having to spend replay badges.

The prices should be adjusted to where if I log in every single day the event is going on and finish the event, then I should be able to purchase all the new items for sale with the currency.

In the end,

Replay badges should be utilized as a method of catching up. Not as a primary method needed to be utilized to purchase all new items before they goes away.
    • Like x 9
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

ofcourse the new content is free to play and OUR anniversary "gift" this year but u cant say the rewards of playing that content is a gift aswell because its not , a gift is given willingly to someone without payment but we do need to pay to receive the rewards this year like feats for example etc...

I am just supporting the game with my subscription at the moment and i am glad i stoped buying Daybreak Cash long time ago because u can clearly see in what direction that development goes, first with feats tied to time capsule u cant accomplish unless u invest extra money now feats tied to events u cant accomplish unless u invest extra money , to be continued in future content.

Being a loyal subscriber means almost nothing anymore , u need to pay extra to have access to all ingame rewards.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.