AF3 Vendor Gear Color Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Elusian, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

Heyo,

with the changes to the best gear being on vendor there is also changes coming to seperate those from the rare drop visually by adding another color to the palette.

If its intended to have Vendor gear harder to distinct from Omnipotence gear the following can be ignored.

However, I do not believe that this is the case and players who obtain one of those items have put in significant amount of extra time and not every item has a style or title attached to it or even in a few cases the style isnt reflecting the items quality, imo.

Here is the current Live Server Color Palette:

[IMG]

And this is how its being on Test Server currently:

[IMG]

If you are focused on just the colors its easy to see the difference, however with a fully geared player it might not be as obvious and leads to comments like this in regards to a test server video:

An items quality should be easily recognizable and should reflect that. Also the vendor gears color feels pale and like an old jeans washed out too many times.

So I downgraded the icons colors to their basic color grades (est. guess via color picker) as it will make it easier for me to visually show a suggestion.

Current Test Server:

[IMG]

A suggestion of mine could look like this:

[IMG]

I used a champaign tone which stands out on its own with a feeling of higher quality which reflects that time and passion has been put in.

Or even gather a few color choices and poll it in the community for the content update after AF3.

Thanks for reading,
    Elu.
    • Like x 4
  2. AccelT Well-Known Player

I think the problem with using any kind of red there is when the gear durability starts to go down.
    • Like x 1
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Yepp you're right. Totally forgot that. Currently checking the exact color and will suggest smth else then. :)

I would add that there is a pre-phase of the broken gear state in yellow going over the Omnipotence gear quality color as well as the new one so its not like they already ignored that color "overwriting". The important information comes from the additional icon on the bottom right corner of the gear icon itself anyway but still will see how it looks like with different tones.

It was more of a suggested direction so it doesnt change the problem.
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

In terms of quality:

Common | Uncommon | Rare | Epic | Vendor | Legendary

In terms of rarity:

Junk | Common | Uncommon | Rare | Vendor | Omnipotence

(There is a slight difference in the terms that have been used here on the forums, but the idea is the same. Hope that makes sense by the way. Feel free to ask me questions if it doesn't.)

That is how I would do it. Honestly though the red wear marks should probably either be abandoned or simply be an outline around the gear. However, the current colour scheme works, but the colours aren't pure. Green is too yellow-ish, and gold was chosen for Omnipotence gear. It should be pure orange and vendor gear should be pure yellow. Yellow and orange are very distinct colours in my opinion. Thus the colour schemes should purer to true green, blue, purple, yellow, and orange respectively. This would leave red to be the damage indicator.

I think gold is a nice novelty to have for Omnipotence gear, but it does make everything more confusing. Which is simply not needed.

I can show my scale the same way you did Elusian if you think that would help. Just let me know, or just take my idea and work with it. :)
  5. VV Dedicated Player

Colour shows rarity //quality of the gear. The same colour can be seen on Origin Crisis base items and Monitor trinkets. It's fine imo
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I was thinking the same thing, although I'd probably go with a deep orange instead of the red. I'd reserve red for Omnipotence gear.

[IMG]

Common | Uncommon| Rare | Epic | Vendor | Omnipotence

I'm pretty sure that this is the convention that Borderlands use. I think ARK Survival Evolved use it, too.

I've also seen Red being used in other games to represent the absolute best, most powerful items. Red drops in ARK represent the Ascendant quality gear, which is currently the best quality achievable in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing red icons for those who have Omnipotence gear. That way Yellow can be used to distinguish items which were bought off the Marketplace.
  7. Pults Loyal Player

Omni could be pure white or platinum.
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'd like to see Omni be animated in some way-- sparkling, rainbow, a metallic sheen, something like that.
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Nope. Junk (less than common) gear is gray/white. It doesn't drop often, but it exists.
  10. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

Wait you quoted me lmao