New time capsules...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Along this road 1 bright fine day
    Base item packs in the MP for those who didn't wanna play
    But count for feats the community said nay
    Pay to win is super g/Then along came apathy

The road did wind & twist & bend
    The community it did change no end
    To return order to the path, so say the sages
    Show your rage (or displeasure) on these pages

Ok, ok, but I'm eating dinner.

Tori, I thought I had spare Lethal Zealot head but it's Master Mercenary
    • Like x 2
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So are we ever going to just have things added to the MP again? Like was asked for by a bunch of people? Or is all that stuff gonna be in TCs from now on?
    • Like x 6
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have been consistently expanding the regular marketplace offerings as well, and will continue to.
    • Like x 3
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

I love the time capsules for the styles they give....I was giddy like a school girl when I finally got to have a Lantern emblem on something other than Scion outfit. I'm equally looking forward to Shazam's Cape (hint hint) and many other cool things.

What I don't like about them is they have SP tied to them.

oh and in case, my hint was too subtle...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Heal up 96 Level 30

Can you take a look at critical anoint for celestial because benediction cancels out the head mod.
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While the Feats being attached to items inside the Capsules doesn't really bother me I understand people's issue with it.

I'd say a happy medium for the Capsules is keep doing what you are doing but don't attach Feats to them.
    • Like x 4
  7. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

I don't mind the feats being attached, I think the problem a lot of people have with it is the amount of SP associated with them. If it were a few 1 star feats then people wouldn't feel as compelled to complete them.
    • Like x 2
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I was hoping the capsules would focus on different characters instead more Wonder Woman/Amazon stuff .
    • Like x 1
  9. RogerBlack Committed Player

The bottom line is... certain ppl in this community constantly complain on these forums because they want.... EVERYTHING.... in the game, for FREE.

They feel that everything that either adds skill points, or increases CR.... should be accessible 'without spending any extra money' at all.

Everything that 'costs a little extra' is an INSULT to them..... and they take it personally.

In the 'real world'... if they rent a 1-bedroom apartment... they do not have the same 'living conditions' as someone who buys a mansion & hires a staff of personal assistants, private chefs, landscapers, butlers & personal trainers.

But in the 'video game world'... they want to spend 'as little' as possible... but STILL get every single thing available in the game.

Just my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  10. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

Why can't u just be honest with us and say, yeah we tied sp into the time capsules to get more money out of players on top of their legendary subs. Just admit that u made it nearly impossible to to keep up with them without real life money being spent, and made it so u cant even grind to get them just pay or wait and hope.

I think people would find it easier to swallow if u would be honest and tell us that you're trying to find a way to generate more $ for the company and you're doing that by trying to find a way for us to pay for sp. Instead u are like, nah nah guys, even though it might seem like that and the end result is the same it wasn't our intent to get u to pay for sp, and even though were aware of the concerns now were not going to change it, instead were going to feed u the "intergrate new cosmetics into the game" line.

In my opinion if you're going to tie sp into them then there should be a way for paying members to grind them out in a reasonable way. Like we either can spend a few hrs a day grinding for the mats to get the keys or have the option to pay $ to get them quicker. They way u guys made it is, no matter how much we grind we can either get 1 key every 3.5 days and take years to get the sp or pay.

To sum up. If u added tc just as a feasible way to get "crazy cool" styles into the game, then why did u tie sp into them if not for the fact that u knew people wouldnt pay for keys just for the "crazy cool" stuff, but would pay if it was the only way to get the sp tied to them in a reasonable/feasible amount of time?
    • Like x 5
  11. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

It's more "feasible" to put them in the Time Capsules. Feasible means "make more money from players buying Stabilizers for a chance at an item, than just people buying the items directly from the Marketplace, because people are suckers and gambling is exciting."
    • Like x 5
  12. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Please Mepps,....I implore you to do so. I can't speak for everyone here, however, as a Comic Fan,.....I would pay $50.00 for a Martian Manhunter Totem for my League Hall, or other Iconics. I get giddy just thinking about Supes, Bats, or Diana walking around my League Hall. I wouldn't even care about spending money on new Lair Themes or League Hall Themes. Also, I would pay real money for Iconic Outfits. Alan Scott's Kingdom Come Armor, Azrael's Batman Suit, etc. You guys are the Dev's,....but I just don't understand why the Market Place is not utilized more for Iconic Syles, Emblems, and Base Items in this way. There should be exclusive items that we must spend real money.

I don't believe in any way, shape, or form, that this game is pay-2-win. I think that is an over-reaction and a reach by some. However, I do believe, that style pieces like Mist Auras and Future Batman Armor could've been placed on the MP, and we would have supported it equally. Style items is where the money is. and I don't mind doing my part to support the game in that way, despite the fact that I am already a subscriber. There are many that feel the same way. I love Time Capsules, I think they are great. Nonetheless, I rather the Market Place be more robust because I honestly think that's where the real money can be made. Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I'm sorry but nonsense Mepps.

The marketplace is a feasible way for you to continually add new cosmetics to the game.

That way people know what they're buying and it's not hidden behind what is quite honestly a repugnant gambling box.
    • Like x 11
  14. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Well there are other mmo rngs out there for you to play but believe me.... none of them offer as much with their 'legendary' subscriptions as this game offers.
    • Like x 1
  15. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Yea
    That is why Time capsules are nice.... cause they have some spice to them some mystery too :)
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Here's the thing, though: the devs could be 100% transparent about what they're doing and why they're doing it, and people would still trot out bizarre, out-there theories and accusations of the devs being dishonest simply because those people don't like the answers they're being given.

No one and nothing says we have to like the answers we're being given, and paying customers do have a right to complain about practices that, in their opinion, raise an eyebrow. But to jump from that to calling them dishonest is something of a leap in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

LOL if you like wasting real money...

[IMG]
  18. RogerBlack Committed Player

Totally disagree.

DCUO/Daybreak is a company. Not a charity.

They are free to 'make money' however they see fit.
    And they have implemented 'multiple avenues' to do so.

Personally, I don't consider Time Capsules to be 'gambling boxes'.

Because you can re-sell the vast majority of items that you get from Time Capsules.... in order to BUY the 'new cosmetics' from the Broker... and 'know exactly what you are getting'.

Which contradicts everything you just typed.
    • Like x 2
  19. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Cmon they cost a dollar each.... or just do the suicide squad event... takes only a min from your life.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

I know u guys have expanded the MP. Was just curious if that was going to continue in the future. Thanks for the reply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.